May 26, 2010

Don Ecker Interviews Stephen Broadbent on Dark Matters Radio

After RealityUncovered released the story about “Source A” and his true identity, the response throughout the Ufology community has, excluding the Exopolitics crowd, been very positive.

Those revelations about Source A continue to reverberate throughout the Ufology community this week, as discussions take place on the many Ufology forums and blogs regarding Richard Theilmann and the Pickering Brothers.

Today, well-known Ufologist Don Ecker contacted us for an interview with RU’s Stephen Broadbent to discuss this hoax as well as the other stories RU has published since its founding.

The radio interview will be aired tonight at 10pm Pacific Time, 1am Eastern Time. You can listen to the live show at CyberstationUSA, or download the show from the archive at Dark Matters Radio.

About Don Ecker

For anyone familiar with the field of Ufology, Don Ecker is a well known figure, and we were very pleased to have this opportunity for a dialog with such an established figure in the field. Don Ecker served as the Director of Research for UFO Magazine for more than 20 years.

In terms of military background, Richard, Clay and Shawn could learn a thing or two from reviewing Don’s past. This is a man with a real military background. Don enlisted in the army in 1969 and served in the top-secret Army Security Agency (the military branch of the NSA) during the Vietnam War. Don served at Okinawa and served in Vietnam at Camp A-4 in Phu Bai in 1971, right on the DMZ. Don was injured during the 1972 “Easter Offensive,” receiving a Purple Heart, and was eventually honorably discharged from service.

In this author’s humble opinion, there is no one better suited to interview RU’s Stephen Broadbent than Don Ecker

Don’s Past UFO Research Aligns with RU’s Mission

In this interview, Don and Steve immediately strike up a positive camaraderie. This could be because both Don and Steve share a military background. Or, just as likely, it could be because they share a common research style – open minded, yet skeptical and fair.

In the early 1980’s, during his work as a police criminal investigator, Don investigated cattle mutilation cases, which eventually led to his life-long interest in various legends and myths.

Don is an established international Ufology expert, making appearances at UFO conferences across the world. He has hosted numerous radio programs and eventually established Dark Matters on Reality Radio Network with film star Dwight Schultz (The A-Team and Star Trek). Don Ecker has been featured on the History channel, the Discovery channel and Coast to Coast AM, to name a few.

Interview Topics

In tonight’s interview, Don and Steve’s discussion is an in-depth talk about the Source A expose, developed from the original, amazing investigative efforts of researchers Andrew and John and then developed and published as a collaborative effort between Amkon and RealityUncovered.

After striking up an interesting discussion, the topics in this radio show also branch out into other areas as well, including RU’s past Serpo investigations, the Phoenix Lights, the Kennedy Assasination and even 9-11.

So listen to the radio show live tonight at CyberstationUSA. Or, if you miss it, make sure to check it out at the archives at Dark Matters Radio

Filed under: Exopolitics,UFOlogy,Ufology History,UFOs — Tags: , , — RyanDube @ 12:19 am

10 Comments

1. avatar

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by rdube, Stephen Broadbent. Stephen Broadbent said: Don Ecker Interviews Stephen Broadbent on Dark Matters Radio http://bit.ly/9zRFip via @AddToAny […]

Pingback by Tweets that mention Don Ecker Interviews Stephen Broadbent on Dark Matters Radio « Reality Uncovered -- Topsy.com — May 26, 2010 @ 1:06 am

2. avatar

Fantastic job Steve!

I see I’ve neglected to brief you on the ’52 Washington D.C. UFO incident and also the Hynek swamp gas meme… :)

“In late March 1966, in Michigan, two days of mass UFO sightings were reported, and received significant publicity. After studying the reports, Hynek offered a provisional hypothesis for some of the sightings: a few of about 100 witnesses had mistaken swamp gas for something more spectacular. At the press conference where he made his announcement, Hynek repeatedly and strenuously made the qualification that swamp gas was a plausible explanation for only a portion of the Michigan UFO reports, and certainly not for UFO reports in general. But much to his chagrin, Hynek’s qualifications were largely overlooked, and the words “swamp gas” were repeated ad infinitum in relation to UFO reports. The explanation was subject to national derision.”

Thank you Mr. Eker for being such a good host. Don’t be a stranger. I would enjoy discussing with you in the forum some of the topics that you mentioned on the show that you’re interested in some day.

Comment by Access Denied — May 26, 2010 @ 7:45 am

3. avatar

I tuned in, and enjoyed the interview very much, excellent job all round.
    I wasnt surprised to hear Richard was “incensed” and ranted about Salla’s posting of his fears he would be arrested for impersonating a Military officer, Stolen Valor is a serious crime in my eyes.
    I had mentioned to my wife the night before that it looked like Salla had shafted him in posting that information, i didnt think richard would be happy to have that out there in the public eye, His anger suggested hes worried, which in turn makes a lie of the suggestion its a planned failsafe.

And again Mr Eker’s Thanks for the great job the “team” has done here, is an echo of a sentiment shared by the rest of us

Comment by Mike — May 26, 2010 @ 9:00 am

4. avatar

I was extremely disappointed in the level of knowledge Steve presented regarding the field of UFOs, he presents himself as some sort of expert online, but when talked to on Don’s show he knew nothing. When Steve mentioned in order to get information on SERPO that they had to hack into someone’s email account, and that email account was the only way he knew how to get info on SERPO, I lost all respect for RU’s research ability and it raised a red flag. Yes they uncovered a hoax with Source “A”, but why is RU so secretive and anonymous themselves and knows very little about UFOLOGY? You cannot play it both ways. I wonder if RU has any knowledge about the UFO field at all including the basic cases like the 1952 D.C. flyovers that Steve said he knows nothing about.

Comment by Sharklive6 — May 26, 2010 @ 2:00 pm

5. avatar

First of all, sorry to burst your bubble mate, but you really will have to show me where I have presented myself as an expert in the field of UFOs? Good luck with that.
    Second of all, who hacked into what now? Did you even listen to the interview properly? Forgive me if English is not your native language, but seriously…
    Third of all, the 1952 D.C flyovers is hardly the whole field of UFOlogy, is it? I’d heard about it, but it doesn’t interest me, simple as that. I didn’t realise I now had to know every single detail about every single event in Ufology in order to be taken seriously. Sorry, but I have a life :)

Comment by Stephen Broadbent — May 26, 2010 @ 2:11 pm

6. avatar

Hey Sharklive6 – let’s do an interview. Guarantee we can stump you more than just once.

By the way – you sort of let your identity slip when you go from Steve’s description of reviewing email logs on a web server to “hacking” into someone’s email. I know someone else who often made that incorrect distinction, and he was someone intricately involved with the SERPO Scam. Yes, that’s Scam with a capital S.

The web server logs were only one aspect of the many legs of that investigation. You may recall last night that Steve was only reviewing one of his particular efforts. He had many other things going on, as did we all – and it was a huge convergence of data that led to the Serpo expose. Not, as you incorrectly state, the “only way.”

Also, how exactly do you factor “anonymous” and RU in the same sentence? Are you blind? Do you not see our photos right here on this blog or Steve’s mug right up there at the top of this article? What about you, “Sharklive6″?

Comment by RyanDube — May 26, 2010 @ 2:50 pm

7. avatar

Great interview Steve and I was truly humbled by all the nice things you had to say about me and John. Our research really was a team effort and he definetly inspired me as one of the few at OMF who was willing to hold the Pickering’s accountable for their clearly untruthful claims.
    Again…great job and thank you and here is to more to come

Comment by Andy Murray aka murnut — May 26, 2010 @ 4:02 pm

8. avatar

Greetings all. Since the Dark Matters interview with Stephen Broadbent aired last evening I have been “snowed under” with email’s about the interview. Some remarks have been about Stephen not being an “expert” in the field of UFOs. Well … this is not about UFOs but about outlandish claims that people make and their expectations that the “herd” will simply accept these claims. From what I’ve seen “Reality Uncovered” examines the claims and reports on their findings. I did that for years when I was Director of Research for UFO Magazine. And … I took the heat because I was not willing to “Jump on the Bandwagon” of every looney-tune story that came my way. Ladies and Gentlemen I was a Cop and when I got involved in UFO research I used the same methods for investigation as if it were any other type of criminal case. What Stephen Broadbent and his colleagues did was the same type of investigation … finding out what was the TRUTH of this situation. Damned Fine Job Reality Uncovered! Damn fine job!!

Don Ecker

Comment by Don Ecker — May 26, 2010 @ 4:19 pm

9. avatar

Bless you Don and thank you for supporting our team effort

Comment by Andy Murray aka murnut — May 26, 2010 @ 5:19 pm

10. avatar

Thanks for your positive words Don. It was a great show – I stayed up and listened last night while I was writing, and couldn’t get anything done because the show was too interesting. The 9-11, Skinwalker, Serpo and of course Source A discussions were great. You have an extensive and impressive background in Ufology, so I can’t thank you enough for your support.

Comment by RyanDube — May 26, 2010 @ 6:27 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Reality Uncovered Social Networking