Even weirder

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Even weirder

Postby Chorlton » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:08 pm

Was an article on TV tonight about a lady who is epileptic.
Nothing very strange there?. But she has a dog who predicts an attack 40 minutes before it happens and licks her hands. She says this gives her time to sort her kids out and put things away before it starts.
Im searching madly for the article but it was on BBC tonight

I found a similar article. Strange eh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/6645957.stm
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Even weirder

Postby DUCKY » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:01 pm

Something tells me that I've seen that program. Very interesting none-the-less.

If this is the same one I'm thinking of, there was a bunch of dogs with amazing abilities, that ranged from what you described in your OP, to those that could 'sniff out' skin cancers et al. They showed where this one mutt would circle a person's body (as they were laying down), and the dog would smell for any malignancies.

They would bring random people in; those with/without known skin cancers, and the dog would correctly identify those who had the disease.
DUCKY

Postby Access Denied » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:19 am

Here's one I saw the other day...

Lost dog finds Fla. travel agency, and way home
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26962993/

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - A golden retriever who was 400 miles from his Atlanta home booked a trip back by simply looking pathetic outside of a Florida travel agency.

:shock:

Intersetingly...

Getman had recently rescued another golden retriever and became attached to the new dog, too. At first he was hesitant to seek out Pepper's owners, fearing the dog may have been abused.

But then a veterinarian found an implanted microchip on the dog with information on its Atlanta owners.

Not sure about the microchip thing (is there a standard place they’re put so finders will know where to look?) but I wonder if Pepper heard it through the local homeless dog grapevine that was a good place to hang out because another dog was rescued there?

Of course there’s also the frequent tales of lost dogs traveling incredible distances to find their owners…
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:01 pm

And since this is the spirituality and paranormal section...don't forget dead pets who return to their owners.

No, not like in Pet Cemetery... lol

Cool topic guys. I suspect human illnesses cause us to emit a unique scent that dogs are keen enough to pick up. Or there's always the possibility dogs can "see" a change in human aura (if you believe in them...I do) that shows something out of balance within the human body.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby torbjon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Apparently, it's not just illness, but actual "death" itself (from any cause) that some dogs can sense:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/16 ... eaper_dog/

can't find any online references now, but I've read old "stories" (accounts) where the family dog back in England would start to howl and whine "for no reason", then, at some later point in time, folks would learn that that point in time was when the dogs master had died in some far off land (India or Africa or what not)

If true, then this implies that there is something beyond traditional senses being used by the dogs...

I was "fortunate" enough to be living a primarily agrarian lifestyle during the Loma Prieta earthquake (1989, San Francisco, World Series, Embarcadero, etc.) I, and all of the livestock were fully 300 miles from the epicenter. About a half hour before the quake all (ALL) of the livestock went Crazy... lot's of noise, lot's of stamping around, bouncing off the fences, wild eyes...

Then, shortly (minutes) before the quake, all (ALL) the livestock stopped dead in their tracks and just stood there, quivering silently... made doubly spooky by the fact that ALL the wild birds stopped singing at a time of day when the air should have been Full of twilight bird song... even the crickets were quiet.

This site (scroll down to March 1, 1990 entry)

http://www.sfmuseum.org/alm/quakes4.html

states that snakes at the Lindsay Museum in Walnut Creek were going crazy shortly before that quake hit...

I was in L.A. for the Sylmar quake of '71 (I think they call it the San Fernando quake now *shrugs*) and I remember getting in trouble because I could not / would not go to sleep the night before (the quake hit at 0600 in the morning) Something was scaring me that I could not explain to my parents (I wasn't quite six years old yet). I had other waves of 'fear/apprehension' then in the L.A. area, which, looking back, seem to be quake related...

Shortly after that we left L.A. and took a trip across country, visiting relatives along the way. One in particular was my Great Uncle Rufus, who was a hundred and something years old and bed ridden. I'd Never met this person before but I HAD met many "strange old bed ridden" people before. (ie this was Not the first time I'd seen a very old person in bed with tubes running into their body so that wasn't it) For whatever reason, good ol' kind hearted and super sweet Great Uncle Rufus scared the 'ell out of me as a kid that day...

That night he died.

I don't feel that it's just dogs (or other animals) that can sense "weird stuff" but humans too... Children rely HEAVILY upon "intuition" as their cognitive abilities have yet to develop... IF their "intuition" is "good" AND they act upon it accordingly, THEN I can see how that "sense" could have genuine "survival value" and could be passed on (and perhaps even reinforced) in successive generations...
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby skylar » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Great thread! Very enjoyable read and thanks all so much for sharing some of your thoughts and experiences in this area.
The object is to take such extraordinary phenomena, as those occurrences that are being discussed in this thread, and see if they can be analyzed and evaluated within a scientific paradigm... much like what scientists eventually did with clairvoyance where they even changed the name of such events to "Remote Viewing".
Take the woo-woo out of it and strip it completely of any religious or philosophical connotations and instead attempt to interpret such events within a scientific context.
skylar

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal