Does God exist?

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Does God exist?

Postby gunter » Fri May 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Darwin? The bastard may have made some decent comments on natural selection but he also grounded racism is science. He took himself a bit too seriously, think I.
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Rintendo » Fri May 07, 2010 6:16 pm

How did Darwin embed racism in science? I had not noticed it in Origins of the Species. Do you mean to say that skin coloring or skills are an adaption of your environment?
Rintendo

Postby egg » Fri May 07, 2010 6:57 pm

Chorlton wrote:
egg wrote:
Chorlton wrote:I'm with Darwin.

Well, if you're with science (so, am I. At least with its process) you're still at a loss for what was at the beginning.

But isnt everyone. ?

Nah, I've got it figured out. ;)

The you was meant as the "big" us. All of us.
egg

Postby egg » Fri May 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Rintendo wrote:Not the people who are convinced. They're convinced.

I'm convinced.

And here we go again....

How would you know that your God is point A and not another point down the line from "the beginning"?
egg

Postby gunter » Fri May 07, 2010 7:00 pm

I had not noticed it in Origins of the Species.
Not Darwin per se but the inheritors of Darwinism. I should have made that distinction. Sorry.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby egg » Fri May 07, 2010 7:27 pm

gunter wrote:The dualism is categorical- and therefore false. In other words it's an artifact of consciousness. Where does it begin? Certainly with the original human perception of I and Not I. Even the Cartesian principle falls pray to this initial category. 'I think so I am.' The essential dualism is expressed in the 'I' and the 'think' and is further compounded in the 'I' and the 'am.' That's apparent in the English and the French expressions of his premise but less so in the Latin. Cogito is one word as is Sum- which I have always felt was his reason for using the Latin proposition, Cogito ergo Sum. Nonetheless it is still tautological and assumes an essential dualism. No way around it- except perhaps by an appeal to meditation. That was the Buddha's solution.

I've been thinking about this (The Buddha Solution). Buddha was not interested in the quest for God but in a solution to human misery. His path seems to have, indeed, lead him on a path to rise above or eradicate the ego, and therefore, dualism (the nature of the human mind to categorize). We, of course, cannot be certain whether or not that has lead him any closer to God (or, if there is a God. Or, if there is a God, that the Buddha's process and its culmination lead him to HIM). However, Nirvana does seem to smack of "I am that I am".
egg

Postby Rintendo » Fri May 07, 2010 9:12 pm

egg wrote:How would you know that your God is point A and not another point down the line from "the beginning"?

My personal experience convinced me. Again, my truth, doesn't have to be nor should it be anyone elses. I'm not starting a religion or religious philosophy. I'm just happy with mine and it made me a kinder person for it. If I'm wrong...oh well.

However, it did meet up with what Buddha did describe and Jesus...so if I'm wrong so are those dudes and, again, I'm fine with that.

By way of explanation...I went up several levels, each cooler than the last. The last one was nothingness that was somethingness that was joyful.
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: trimmed quote
Rintendo

Postby egg » Fri May 07, 2010 9:19 pm

Whatever gets anyone going, it's all good.

I just find myself thinking of that Star Trek movie where Spock's long lost brother (Cybok?) takes over the enterprise to go to the planet at the center of the galaxy believing he was contacted by God to do so. Only to find, it wasn't God who contacted him at all.
egg

Postby Rintendo » Fri May 07, 2010 9:36 pm

That's fiction, like you know Mr Spock doesn't really exist, right? :|
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote of entire previous post
Rintendo

Postby egg » Fri May 07, 2010 9:45 pm

Hahahahahaha!!!! All of a sudden you don't understand analogy by Sci-Fi? All right.
A lot of people would say God, Mohammed, Jesus, The Buddha and Moses are fiction, too.

Anyway, it was an illustration of my point, is all.
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
egg

Postby Rintendo » Fri May 07, 2010 10:14 pm

I was just playing with you. :)

I think Mr Spock is real.
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rintendo

Postby egg » Fri May 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Live long and prosper.
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
egg

Postby Chorlton » Sat May 08, 2010 11:02 am

Live Long and eat Spotted Dick
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby gunter » Sat May 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Live Long and eat Spotted Dick
...or be one.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby egg » Sat May 08, 2010 4:51 pm

I don't think you can eat that stuff every day and live long.... blagh.
egg

Previous

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal