Does God exist?

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Does God exist?

Postby Rintendo » Sat May 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Of course not. It is only dead for me because I have my personal answer. Everyone else is free to seek or not seek. That's the fun part.
Rintendo

Postby gunter » Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

'Personal answer' is the same as a closed book. Good luck with that.
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Rintendo » Sat May 01, 2010 5:41 pm

At some point you have to quit posturing and figure out what you believe in, IE who you are.

If I am wrong, not a damn thing would change in my life. I'd still continue to be the person I was before I came to my realization. The only thing that is slightly different is that I no longer fear death in the slightest and even to an extent welcome it.

Oh Death where is thy sting?
Rintendo

Postby gunter » Sat May 01, 2010 6:03 pm

I see your point and it's by no means unreasonable- or new. A philsosopher whom I greatly admire, Blaise Pascal, was of the opinion that one may as well believe in God since there's no way to disprove its existence- and the benefits of belief, if true, would outweigh any possible benefits of denial. So go with it if it makes you happy and secure.

Oh grave where is your victory...
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Sun May 02, 2010 10:40 am

Rintendo wrote:At some point you have to quit posturing and figure out what you believe in, IE who you are.

Why?
If I am wrong, not a damn thing would change in my life. I'd still continue to be the person I was before I came to my realization. The only thing that is slightly different is that I no longer fear death in the slightest and even to an extent welcome it.

I dont fear death, Merely the way of my death

Ever had mesothelioma?
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby gunter » Sun May 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Does God exist? Well there are three mutually exclusive and, ironically, correct answers to this question.
1- Yes.
2- No.
3- Who the hell knows?

I'll take door number 3 for the win, thank you.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Rintendo » Sun May 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Chorlton wrote:
Rintendo wrote:At some point you have to quit posturing and figure out what you believe in, IE who you are.

Why?

I'll give you a few good reasons for that, Chorlton.

1) Non-stop posturing is annoying to everyone around you. People that argue for the sake of argument grow tedious.
2) Non-stop posturing is like spinning in circles. I'd rather go the wrong direction than go nowhere.
3) Knowing what you believe in, is knowing yourself. While it may change during your life it is healthy to at least have taken a stand on something internal just once. We do it with most things external.

I dont fear death, Merely the way of my death

Ever had mesothelioma?[/quote]

Death has no sting. Disease and suffering happens while you live. That is part of the human condition.
Rintendo

Postby gunter » Sun May 02, 2010 7:44 pm

figure out what you believe in
That's a tad presumptuous given that you're only halfway through the movie, isn't it? Here's a frightening thought- maybe the answers are more elusive than you imagine. I mean, really... what the hell do we know? It may be a bit unfounding to maintain an open mind but it has its own rewards.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Sun May 02, 2010 7:55 pm

I dont believe that any all powerfull 'God' who actually gave a s^~t about his 'children' would allow the suffering that goes on in the world'. Its an old one I know but it still rings true for me.

All life seems to need electricity of one sort or another. Our thoughts seem controlled by electrical impulses.
I suspect when we die, our thoughts, consisting of that electricity gets liberated into free electricity.
Orbs? dont know?

I also suspect that memories and knowledge gets passed on in Human Sperm and Human eggs.

Wonder how many memories and how much knowledge I've wasted :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby gunter » Sun May 02, 2010 8:09 pm

Well- that's as good a speculation as any other. Sorta reminds me of that Gurdjieff crap I posted on some other obscure thread in some other little corner of the intervoids. I sure hope Rintendo has the good sense not to listen to our b.s.. For the sake of her sanity.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun May 02, 2010 8:30 pm

God is probably a computer programmer and we're part of his creation; The Sims Universal Edition. Or something.
Death isn't anything to be fearful of, we'll just restart the level and give it another go.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Mon May 03, 2010 10:09 am

Zep Tepi wrote:God is probably a computer programmer and we're part of his creation; The Sims Universal Edition. Or something.
Death isn't anything to be fearful of, we'll just restart the level and give it another go.

Nect time maybe I'll miss the tree that came out and hit me !

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon May 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Haha, you never know...
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Mon May 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:God is probably a computer programmer and we're part of his creation; The Sims Universal Edition. Or something.

Come to think of it I have always felt like I'm stuck in that old game "Jones in the Fast Lane" that Sierra made for the PC back in the 90's. I loved that game.

You believe in reincarnation Steve?

Oh, in case anyone doesn't know by now, yes I believe there's a "God" (if you must apply a label to it) - and that every last second of our suffering serves a purpose within/throughout the larger ocean of energies floating around our reality. We all deliver our personal energies to the pot. Every moment of happiness, sadness, fear, terror, hate, anger, love, anxiety and wonder makes a tremendous impact at times upon the natural environment where it occurs (in ways that we've yet to comprehend), and it also pulls one way or the other in the big tug-of-war between ying/yang or good/evil...whatever you choose to call it. The overall weight of our collective energies drives the general direction of our collective fate...it's a warped sort of system where both free will and fate works together.

At least that's my theory today...it could change tomorrow.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Mon May 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Sure. But will that 'theory' stand up to scientific method?
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal