Things that go bump in the night

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Things that go bump in the night

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:19 am

Zep Tepi wrote:Heh, great link Rich. We should get the Disney wardrobe added as soon as ;)

As for Infrasound, at first I thought it was a wind up so I had to go to Wikipedia to check lol.
It's certainly an interesting theory, but that is something my cats should have picked up on when in the house. When they were in the house, the sounds never seemed to affect them.

In the video with the loud noise for example, one of the cats was asleep at the top of the stairs and only looked up when she saw me coming (you can see this in the video). Good job they're not employed as guard cats...

Cheers,
Steve

in reply to this, lets just say for a moment it was infrasound, maybe it was at a frequency that doesn't bother cats but affects humans, as we know animals are receptive to different frequencies to us kinda like how those new mosquito buzzers work that keep teenagers from gathering outside shops etc but have no effect on adults, or maybe the cats had been picking it up for a while and had investigated while you were sleeping and thought nothing of it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito
again i don't mean the crashing sound, i think that was just a coincidence, maybe the cat heard it and just couldn't be bothered to check it out! lol.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:Not at all mate, I already know how good the vast majority of the RU membership are

Sorry if I sounded a little too sceptical. Its in my blood! :D

Let me tell you my own story: I was drifting off to sleep one night when I heard an almighty crash (louder even than the one in your video) from what seemed to be my kitchen. I leapt out of bed and rushed to the source of the noise and switched the light on. Nothiing on the floor, nothing on the work surfaces, dishes still in the draining tray... nothing out of place! I checked the living room: same result. I even went down to the cellar. Nothing. Ho-hum! Just one of those things. Probably hypnogogic halucinations (which I have suffered from before) so I just went back to sleep. Please note: I did not run away like a big girl's blouse. :wink:

Next day I went back to the kitchen and noticed that the wall-mounted cupboard unit had come loose at the left edge and dropped by about 3 inches but still remained attached to the wall. It was the crockery and about 30 glass spice bottles contained within which had made the noise as they all clattered into each other. :roll:

Cowboy builder not malevolant spirit! :lol:
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Luck » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:16 am

Zep,
Thanks for posting your unusual experience. I have very active and agile cats, so hearing a crash is not uncommon in my household, and occasionally I don't find the source (or the results) of the crash for a day or so.

A couple of years ago I did happen to stay in a B&B that was reputed to be haunted. About 3 in the morning, I woke up because something very heavy hit the floor above us. It had to be very loud as I am a very sound sleeper; waking me in the middle of the night is like to trying to wake the dead. The mother and daughter staying in the room above us swore they were in bed by 11:30 and hadn't heard a thing.
I am a home owner and know that houses can make odd sounds in the middle of the night, I have heard odd tappings, sighs, clicks and thunks. But this? I dunno. I can understand why you might be a bit perplexed.

Who would have thought that Disney princesses could be so sinister?
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Zep Tepi » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:56 pm

Archer17 wrote:I'm skeptical that it was anything 'unnatural' Zep. I can't know what happened but if the shoe was on the other foot I think you'd be skeptical too.

You're absolutely right Steve, I would be. I don't know what made those noises, but I do know there are "normal" explanations that would fit the circumstances.

Slippery Jim wrote:Sorry if I sounded a little too sceptical. Its in my blood! :D

Not at all, that's something I'm normally accused of!

Next day I went back to the kitchen and noticed that the wall-mounted cupboard unit had come loose at the left edge and dropped by about 3 inches but still remained attached to the wall. It was the crockery and about 30 glass spice bottles contained within which had made the noise as they all clattered into each other. :roll:

Cowboy builder not malevolant spirit! :lol:

I wish I'd found out what the cause was. I now have to put up with ghost stories on a regular basis precisely because there has been no explanation found.

What makes it worse, Kayleigh's friend who went upstairs with her said she sensed a "presence" in the room as soon she entered it. Now of course, she thinks she's an actual psychic! :roll:

Luck wrote:Zep,
Thanks for posting your unusual experience. I have very active and agile cats, so hearing a crash is not uncommon in my household, and occasionally I don't find the source (or the results) of the crash for a day or so.

Our cats are always chasing after each other. We now have three and when they're in the mood for it, it's batten down the hatches time...

I am a home owner and know that houses can make odd sounds in the middle of the night, I have heard odd tappings, sighs, clicks and thunks. But this? I dunno. I can understand why you might be a bit perplexed.

We get all of the sounds you would normally associate with a house, with the worse being (by far) the sounds of the radiators when they're heating up or cooling down. That's spooky enough lol.

Who would have thought that Disney princesses could be so sinister?

Heh, I know. It hasn't affected the girls love of princesses or Disney though. Charlie's already really excited about a real princess getting married at the end of the month ;)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal