After effects of coming back...any? (Surviving Death)

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

After effects of coming back...any? (Surviving Death)

Postby phantom » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:21 am

Hi all, this is my first post and before registering i found some quite amazing articles on this forum, hence my joining. my discussion is loosely based around the short or long term mental effects surviving death may have in youth and in old age. this is not a life story but a kind of personal experience of mine so i would like you to bear with me. ok...i actually died for up to 5 minutes when i was a few weeks old, pneumonia and being in a 3rd world country didnt give me much chance but i did make it. i was only told of this when i was 15 years old. to the very day i experience strange feelings and i guess you could say foresight..daily. it may to a degree sound kooky but it happens so often i consider it normal. my wife has kind of gotten used to it too which is remarkable. example: she goes for a ride on her bike, i will be reading or watching the tube then imagine me as her riding the bike and i can see the same scenery she does, right up to the point she knocks on the door to let her in. my mother also when i was younger, i would imagine being her behind the wheel driving home, traffics lights stop signs...etc. the very strange part about is that its mainly with females and not so much with males. i also have a very very good bond with infants and dogs known to be hostile. i really dont know what happened for those lost minutes of my life but it sticks out so much in my life there must be something to it. i feel as a direct result i have been given a sneak peek into the gateway that may exist beyond what we deem normal life. i will admit i have had the odd spirit encounter but i am not dvout about the life beyond as i may find later on in life it may explain itself otherwise. a few years ago i lost a very very close friend and up until then things were "quietening down". death was a violent one and very sudden. i saw him 1 day before his end. strangely i felt nothing nor was i expected to but the morning i received the call i felt a sensation near the foot of my bed like someone sitting down. most believe its a text book last farewell when things like that happen if in fact it was that then i guess it goes without saying. getting older makes me weiry about entering new friends houses. some houses are very nice and have a good feel, some i wish to never visit again. i remember one of the many i went to and a few weeks after i met up with the owner and she told me something tragic had occurred in the house as she discovered from the neighbours. hence i left it a while before i met up with her after the initial visit. i am hoping i get other peoples perspectives regarding my conundrum and as always outside perspectives tend to outline oversights from only 1 perspective.
regards
:P
was i meant 2 b?
phantom

Postby Max » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:51 pm

Welcome to the board. And thank you for sharing your story. There are many members here with a lot of varied experiences. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Max
View my Blog

You can't photoshop logic.
Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby torbjon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:44 am

Mostly hearsay but some I can vouch for:

This involves my father.

When my old man was in the military he and some buddies went to a fortune teller. Since they were about to be shipped out to some crazy place to do crazy things my father asked "how long will I live?" to wit the fortune teller replied something like "91, maybe 97, hard to see. It will be July"

Since my dad was only 19 years old at the time living until he was in his 90's seemed pretty darn good to him and off he went to crazy places to do crazy things.

Step into the TARDIS and jump ahead in time.

In 1991 my dad had a heart attack. They put him on the table, cut him open and did their thing. Of course the heart is Stopped during this time and he was out for many many hours.

In 1997 he had another, larger heart attack requiring more extensive surgery. Again, many many hours, no beating heart.

In July of 2003 he died.

So much for the abilities of the fortune teller (not bad, ey?)

Now then, about the surviving death thing.

After both heart attacks my dad regained / discovered a vast number of 'forgotten' memories.

The old saying "life flashed before the eyes" may be true.

Some memories we'll never know if they were 'true' or not as there is no way to vet them.

Other memories I can vouch for. My old man was big on stashing stuff (buried treasure) for when "the day" comes... he'd been doing this for years and Of Course completely Forgot where a lotta stuff was stashed / buried.

I know he forgot because there were numerous occasions Before the heart attacks when we really Needed some of the 'treasure' (caches usually consisted of some gold and silver, a weapon, rations and med supplies) and we could not find them.

After the heart attacks he was able to go directly to the spot where things where stashed... not sort of close, not near... Directly.

I'm not sure I would recommend dieing in order to find lost keys but I do feel that near death experiences trigger a lot of things in the human animal.

my story, for what it's worth

twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: After effects of coming back from the dead...any?

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:39 pm

I've been dead twice within the last 2.5 years. Honestly, I feel I was let down by the whole experience. I didn't get to do any of the cool things that I have read about, nor do I now have any super powers. The only thing that time of my life has left me with is the feeling that it could happen again at any moment, so I should make sure I am wearing clean underwear at all times and not be doing anything I at the time I kick over that I would not want people to read about on my gravestone, lol.

All joking aside, I have some really cool death experiences to share, although none of them are actually from the death part themselves, but right before and right afterwards. I must admit, the clarity of life right before you die is something that can't be described in words, but I'll try when I have more time later this week maybe.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:50 am

Been there done that myself a few times... I think. :)

[one time I even felt the big guy in the sky’s presence… I think]

It would be interesting to compare notes so I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences.

Funny, we were just talking the other day about merging this forum into the Spirituality forum since there didn't seem to be much interest... did the Surviving Death forum just survive death? :lol:

[probably not] :wink:
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:38 am

Im sorry Phantom but why do you relate something that happened to you when you were a few weeks old to what you allege happens to you now?. I see no correlation between the two.

I've never 'died' (well I've seen people walk out of some gigs Ive done :lol: ) but surely something that happened to you when your brain was relatively Empty and undeveloped (my wifes head is permanently empty HA haha Ha) isnt going to start giving you these 'visions' years later.

I have close friend who is now comatose and in the last days of his life, and we have discussed about afterlife and he will try to make contact etc etc, but Im not hopefull. Ive done this before with a close relative and I have seen nothing, unless my recent speeding ticket was a sign.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby uberarcanist » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:13 pm

Well, Chorl, those who are believers in contact with those beyond say contact is very difficult, and there are many who believe in afterlives who believe it is in fact impossible.
867-5309
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Chorlton » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 pm

I just believe when yer dead.............yer dead

Ive even told the wife where i want tmy ashes scattered, over a big bunch of Daffs in my garden.

I mean the way the world and society is right now, I wouldnt want to come back, AAAAAAAAAND knowing my luck I'd come back as a member of a bloody boy band [-X
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby GigaShadow » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:00 am

Chorlton wrote:I just believe when yer dead.............yer dead

Ive even told the wife where i want tmy ashes scattered, over a big bunch of Daffs in my garden.

I mean the way the world and society is right now, I wouldnt want to come back, AAAAAAAAAND knowing my luck I'd come back as a member of a bloody boy band [-X

Deleted by Author :cry:
GigaShadow

Postby oboe » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:00 am

IgnoreTheFacts wrote:I must admit, the clarity of life right before you die is something that can't be described in words, but I'll try when I have more time later this week maybe.

I can vouch for this from personal experience. I've had three NDEs, one was the classic with the tunnel of light, etc., when I was seven years old. One was not as, shall I say extensive, as the first one. I was going in and out of both sides for quite a few hours, seeing and talking to dead relatives and friends, visiting places I haven't been to in this life. That one was in 1997. The other, in 2002, was very mild in that I didn't go through the tunnel but just sorta popped into this wonderfully beautiful and loving light then popped back here when they resuscitated me. These all occurred because of different physical problems. So, I wonder if the intensity of the experience has to do with different bodily systems?

As for after effects, the one I had when I was seven produced out-of-body experiences nearly every day for the next five years or so, at least one a day during that time. They gradually reduced in frequency between the ages of 12 and 14. I have had a few since then but very infrequent. Now, I can't "will" myself out when I try to, but I haven't really tried all that hard. I guess I had so many as a kid the fascination isn't there anymore. Believe me, being out-of-body is quite fascinating! Lots of things going on in this universe, this creation. But, for all the OBEs I've had, I never really had a negative experience with it. Some people claim they have had encounters with evil beings. There were some beings, or energies, I encountered that didn't seem too friendly, but they never tried to harm me or take over my body or consciousness or any of that.

After effects of the second one included being more empathic, sensing more what is going on physically with other people and, therefore, a bit more compassion for those who are sick. (No, I don't psychic diagnose of people's illnesses.) Also being more aware of the interconnectedness and interdependence of life. The Lakota phrase "Mitakuye Oyasin" means we are all connected or we are all relatives, including all the plants and animals. Survival of the fittest comes to mind. Most animal's prey are those who are less healthy. We humans seem to be the reverse of that, preferring our food to be of the healthiest of any given species.

The after effects of the third, well, don't seem to be any except for being able to better recall that beautiful and loving light sometimes.

(I might have to cut my fingernails so I can stop editing for typos.) :)
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby AussieMike » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:35 am

Chorlton wrote:I just believe when yer dead.............yer dead

Ive told my wife to donate my organs, and whatever is left to a university so med students can use it to learn and practise the skills they will need to help those still living.
plus, its the cheapest means of disposal, doesnt cost anything in fact, a couple of signatures, and im off to be dissected like a science class frog........

I have had my life flash before my eyes though, was rock climbing as a young man, and slipped, quite amazing every memory i ever had did indeed flash before my eyes in fast motion as i dangled by the fingernails of one hand above a drop that made the pine trees below look like matchsticks. (no ropes, was in fact stark naked, just me and the mountain)
i had always thought the expression "life flashed before my eyes" was just that an expression until i had it happen
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal