Pelican 2, Bluejay & Owl 0

Aviary discussion and topics

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Pelican 2, Bluejay & Owl 0

Postby Access Denied » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:08 am

ryguy wrote:I'd be one of the first to buy a mind-controlled computer game. Maybe a Mind-Controlled Wii? :)

There’s already one out… it’s called UFOlogy. ;)

[BONUS: If you’re morally bankrupt you can actually make money playing it!]

Speak of the devil, it might be time to break out your wallet…

New games powered by brain waves

Mattel Mind Flex

Only $80 and coming soon to a Toys 'R Us near you. 8)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby simonespeaks » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:17 pm

It's SO synchronistic that this toy subject came up, because I had invented a cool idea, right before I saw the above. I think that Aviary Action Figures would be exciting dolls. They would have to be durable, so that kids could roughhouse with'em, of course, cuz they're dolls, but they would also be conversation-pieces, as well as display-pieces, like one's collectible star-trek and star-wars characters. The 'Super Agents Of Aviary' would have (though sold separately) other little clothing/uniform-and-accessorys. Like, John Alexander would have a non-lethal weapon big zap rifle that flashes little lights and makes noise. Rick Doty would always only have different colored ties with his one all black outfit and removable black sunglasses. Etcetera.
simonespeaks

Postby ryguy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:29 pm

LOL...oh my god...I just spit an entire mouthful of coffee all over the monitor... That was the funniest thing I've read in a very long time. :)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Hal Puthoff

Postby Gary » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Gentlemen: Sorry to interrupt but I was contacted by Dr. Puthoff, who pointed out that his institute is privately funded, receives no money from the US goverment, and engages in experimental scientific testing of other parties over-unity clams for his investors.

Dr. Puthoff also remarked that his institute has, to date, FALSIFIED all over unity claims.

That would hardly seem the protocol for a "scam artist."

Comments?
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: Behind Serpo

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Yes, one. Why have you now repeated the same post in two different forums? I'll make comment on this post once it has been moved to the relevant section.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:27 pm

Hey Steve, he only posted this once. He tried to hijack "The Invasion from Outer Space" thread by posting it there and I moved it here. Proceed... :)

[I’ve got something to say too but I’ll defer to your more intimate knowledge of the situation for now]

Edit to add: I’ll say one thing, the fact that Hal is trying to defend himself by going through Gary and not speaking to us here himself openly and directly speaks volumes in regards to his credibility.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Ah right, apologies to Gary and thanks to AD for moving the post here.

[...] the fact that Hal is trying to defend himself by going through Gary and not speaking to us here himself openly and directly speaks volumes in regards to his credibility.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It is also very telling in one other respect, namely we haven't yet actually named the people we know to be behind these scams. Guilty conscience perhaps? ;)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Gary » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Ron's MO, just FYI folks, is not to be upfront about anything. He will probe first, and only provide enough information to take him to the next level of his interest.

For example, on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:49 PM, [as documented in an internal SSR report] Ron responded to my inquiry:

"Jack wants to know if you approve of my revelation of his role in bringing Chiao's research to JASONs."

Ron then responded, "I do not recall Jack bringing Chiao's research to JASONs. When did this occur?"

Here Ron attempts to elicit additional information from me to determine the extent of my knowledge.

After I replied to let Ron know it was Jack who had informed me of this, he replied:

Ron: "It is up to Jack whether to mention his participation in the JASON meeting, but I do not recall Jack bringing up Chiao's work. Perhaps he mentioned it during breaks or lunch."

Jack had previously communicated to me: "Send me Chiao's paper when you get it. You can tell Chiao I was at JASON's and tried to sell his work to them."

In my communication with Chiao regrading the JASON meeting, his reply included a cc to numerous persons at DARPA and the Army.

He also requested I withhold information concerning his latest work until the publication of his recent paper.

BTW when I asked Jack, "I wonder if the JASON study might affect Chiao's funding?" and about his presence at the "HFGW meeting? RP's doing?" Jack replied, "Yes of course. I was there as his 'senior advisor'."
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: Hal Puthoff

Postby ryguy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:16 am

Gary wrote:Gentlemen: Sorry to interrupt but I was contacted by Dr. Puthoff, who pointed out that his institute is privately funded, receives no money from the US goverment, and engages in experimental scientific testing of other parties over-unity clams for his investors.

Dr. Puthoff also remarked that his institute has, to date, FALSIFIED all over unity claims.

That would hardly seem the protocol for a "scam artist."

Comments?

Thanks for posting Gary. Although, if Hal has a response to any of our articles, he has our email addresses. AD's point above is a very good one. It was only last year that we directly interviewed him with Kit Green cc'd...so he certainly has at least my email if he has anything he wants to take issue with.

Regarding his comment above...it doesn't seem at all relevant, because the central point that we've put forth all along is regarding his private funding, not anything about US government funding. He seems a bit confused...was his response above after you misinformed him about our recent releases possibly?

Either way, his comment doesn't jive with any of the discussions that have been going on. Seems a bit confused, to be honest.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:05 am

Gary wrote:Ron's MO, just FYI folks, is not to be upfront about anything. He will probe first, and only provide enough information to take him to the next level of his interest.

That's definitely true - usually primarily when either/or:

#1 - He knows he can't trust the person not to misinterpret what he's saying and blather it all over the Internet with a manipulated and twisted meaning.

#2 - He knows the person is a nutjob.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Gary » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Pandolfi's HFGW study, and the inaccurate reporting and commentary here at Reality Uncovered.

I refer to the "Reality Uncovered" waffle-mix-up.

First, RU states that HFGW is all junk science. Valentini post-quantum signal non-locality is nonsense. Etc. (For reference, any number of discussions posted at RU where I attempted to enlighten the RU crew.)

Pandolfi then enlists Sarfatti for his JASON investigation, according to both Sarfatti and Pandolfi.

RU does not dispute this.

Recently, it was noted that Pandolfi et al agree that the objections to HFGW in their DNI JASON study do not apply to the Chiao research, as I noted long ago:

---start of blog post ---

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 MASINT Meeting Fiasco and Gravity Radio

A new development in the highly speculative theoretical physics of transduction between gravity and electromagnetism may have been behind the recent spy fiasco involving a meeting with skeptical physicist Robert Park, arranged by Dan Smith at the request of a MASINT Senior Intelligence Official.

MASINT is Measurement and Signatures Intelligence.

The Federation of American Scientists defines MASINT as "scientific and technical intelligence information obtained by quantitative and qualitative analysis of data (metric, angle, spatial, wavelength, time dependence, modulation, plasma, and hydromagnetic) derived from specific technical sensors for the purpose of identifying any distinctive
features associated with the source, emitter, or sender and to facilitate subsequent identification and/or measurement of the same."

The paper is titled "Generation and detection of gravitational waves at microwave frequencies by means of a superconducting two-body system"

This is purely speculation on my part, but it seems reasonable that MASINT would seek out expert opinion on Chiao's latest work, given the timing of the meeting and the release of the paper suggesting the possibility of using gravity for communications.

[Here is where I first publicly noted the connection of CHIAO to the HFGW MASINT study]

The technology that would allow this kind of deep penetration through the Earth would allow for "observations of the gravitational-wave analog of the Cosmic Microwave Background from the extremely early Big Bang, and also communications directly through the interior of the Earth" according to the abstract for the paper.

---end of blog post ---

It should be noted that Sarfatti supports both Chiao's HFGW research and Valentini's pilot wave concepts.

Ron's MO follows US government policy (read up!) so there's nothing unusual about it.

And as predicted, Ron sought his "expert" opinion which according to Sarfatti included his presentation of Chiao's work.

I withheld this comment sent to myself, among other persons at US government agencies and services, at Chiao's request to wait until publication of his latest paper.

CHIAO response to my request for his position on the DNI MASINT JASON HFGW study:

CHIAO: The fundamental piece of physics which was missed by the JASON review committee is that when macroscopically coherent quantum mechanical matter interacts with gravitational radiation, the uncertainty principle trumps the equivalence principle, in just such a way that all classical trajectories, including all the geodesics of general relativity, become competely delocalized inside the matter. This leads to the possibility of
mirrors for gravitational radiation based on such quantum matter, and also to the possibility of efficient transducers between electromagnetic and gravitational radiations at microwave frequencies.

The military applications of this will be of some importance to the US government, we believe. We are presently preparing a paper on this subject.
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Yup, you referenced Chiao's work, Ron agreed with you that his work at Merced was legit while the Baker/Puthoff/Davis work is not. By the way, our own early comments (at least mine) was regarding the Baker HFGW conference involving foreign folks, Puthoff/Davis/Green support of his work, and the bad science involved therein. Chiao's work is another matter entirely.

So..kudos on the Chiao prediction, Ron agreed with you. You're so cool.

BTW...what makes you so passionate about Chiao's work, and HFGW research itself for that matter? Seems an odd area of such strong interest.

And wasn't this thread about Hal Puthoff? How did we get back onto Chiao's HFGW, which as nothing to do with Hal Puthoff?

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Gary » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:54 am

Chiao's research is important, because it shows macro-scale quantum-gravity behavior might be accessible for experiment and new technologies.

Which is what the aliens have been using all along, of course :-)

Finding out what the aliens are NOT using is Hal's job, apparently, (to the extent he falsifies the claims made by alternative inventors.)

And the government's job is to watch everything and everyone.

Feds curious about high-tech conclave on extraterrestrials
Matt Beer, EXAMINER TECHNOLOGY WRITER
Friday, October 8, 1999
©2000 San Francisco Examiner
originally printed by the Hearst Examiner

URL: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... SS8796.dtl

An upcoming private meeting between Silicon Valley high-tech executives, NASA scientists and a high-profile UFO enthusiast has sparked an investigation by a government agency.

[Mod Edit: fixed link]
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:19 am

ryguy wrote:And wasn't this thread about Hal Puthoff? How did we get back onto Chiao's HFGW, which as nothing to do with Hal Puthoff?

Good point... apparently Gary's suffering from short term memory loss again. I've moved this latest series of posts to this thread where this subject has already been thoroughly beaten to death.

Gary wrote:Finding out what the aliens are NOT using is Hal's job, apparently, (to the extent he falsifies the claims made by alternative inventors.)

As if it takes a PhD and hundreds of thousands of dollars to figure THAT out. :roll:

Funny I don't see Hal's name on this...

"Zero-Point Energy: Can We Get Something From Nothing" (excerpt)
U.S. Army National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/297161/Zero-Point-Energy

(U) Key Points

• (U) While there are some aspects of zero-point energy (ZPE) that may be useful for specific applications, it is not a viable source of energy for vehicle propulsion or "free energy" inventions—a highly disputed idea that has garnered defense spending in the past.

• (U) The most useful property of ZPE for practical application is the Casimir force, which weakly attracts small particles or conducting plates.

• (U) ZPE holds promising potential for practical application through the Casimir force in various applications of nano- and micro-electromechanical systems (NEMS and MEMS).

(U) Conclusions

(U) ZPE has been a controversial topic similar to cold fusion and antigravity for a number of years because of the hope it creates for "free energy" and grandiose solutions to the world's energy problems. This hope has made it sometimes difficult to separate the hype spread by pseudoscientis and inventors from very real and noncontroversial application potential of the small-scale forces generated by the Casimir effect stemming from vacuum energy for nanoscale devices. While pockets of research in the field do exist, those with any promise for military technologies of tomorrow are less likely to affect space travel and more likely to affect future nanoscale devices.

I wonder who the DIA analyst who presented the “Alternate View on ZPE” was?

(U) Consideration of Alternative Analyses and Contrary Evidence

(U//FOUO) As stated in the conclusion, ZPE has met with much controversy and debate. An alternate view of the topic is provided below by an analyst at Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).

(U) "The topic of successfully exploiting zero point energy (ZPE) has importance because it represents a high-risk/high pay-off technology. This is not pseudo-science but a very serious discipline where very serious research is underway worldwide that range from investigating the Casimir effect, finding new alternative sources of energy, and developing a means of future long-range space travel. Efforts are currently underway at a U.S. aerospace corporation to include creating hardware to investigate using ZPE to provide energy. Finally, one would like to see experimental data and, hopefully, replication of such experiments representative of 'good' science. However, the amount of U.S. research dollars spent in this endeavor is abysmal such that even the simplest experiment cannot be performed. Although we are aware of only modest funding worldwide for this type of research, the Intelligence Community should monitor the more controversial aspects of ZPE, or we may miss an important foreign innovational leap forward, thereby leaving us vulnerable to technology surprise."

(U) Note: This alternate view was provided by an analyst of DIA and represents the view of this one analyst. It does not represent a DIA position.

Anyone we know? ;)
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Gary » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Good question AD (about the DIA person). I'd guess, maybe, that it was Paul Murad, who is well known for promoting out-of-the-box ideas.

BTW it is important to keep in mind that when Army asks "Can we get something from nothing?" that our best standard model theories of the creation of the universe involve creation of everything we see "from nothing."

It turns out that "nothing" is more an issue of semantics than reality. It's a problem of human thought not of theory.

See: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... tions.html

"Physicists have now confirmed that the apparently substantial stuff is actually no more than fluctuations in the quantum vacuum." -- New Scientist, Nov 20, 2008

While the detailed particle physics mechanism responsible for inflation is not known, the basic picture makes a number of predictions that have been confirmed by observation. Inflation is thus now considered part of the standard hot big bang cosmology. The hypothetical particle or field thought to be responsible for inflation is called the inflaton.

The vacuum energy also has important consequences for physical cosmology. Special relativity predicts that energy is equivalent to mass, and therefore, if the vacuum energy is "really there", it should exert a gravitational force. Essentially, a non-zero vacuum energy is expected to contribute to the cosmological constant, which affects the expansion of the universe. However, the vacuum energy is mathematically infinite without renormalization, which is based on the assumption that we can only measure energy in a relative sense, which is not true if we can observe it indirectly via the cosmological constant.
-- Source: Wikipedia (because I'm lazy until after my morning pot of coffee!)

The best recent work I have seen on the quantum vacuum comes from Volovik:

http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0604062

And of course the existence of vacuum energy as the OBSERVED dark energy.

The biggest risk from a DoD point of view would be discovery that the reduction of the predicted value of vacuum energy, using our current and accepted standard model of physics, which is 10 to the 120th power higher than what we observe -- might be a dynamically determined reduction that in the future might be "tweaked" in the lab.

BTW here is Haisch et al patent for ZPE extraction:

http://www.calphysics.org/Patent7379286.pdf
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to The Aviary