Beyond the AVIARY: US government paranormal activity

Aviary discussion and topics

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Beyond the AVIARY: US government paranormal activity

Postby Gary » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:17 am

I have posted the Captain Jake W. Stewart paranormal proposal for the Undersecretary of Defense:

http://www.starpod.org/Slideshow/1012011ss.htm

This should help to clear up any misconception that the US paranormal / psychic spy stuff was exclusively supported by Puthoff, Green, et al.
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: Beyond the AVIARY: US government paranormal activity

Postby m0r1arty » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:31 am

Any chance you could paraquote it here?

I just hate clicking on links to other sites with very little to no explanation - and as a hazard to our non techie friends the site could have all sorts of malware/tracking going on with it.

Not denying the site traffic - just asking for more than a few words of conjecture thrown about as if they have meaning.

Cheers!

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Access Denied » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:06 am

Gary wrote:This should help to clear up any misconception that the US paranormal / psychic spy stuff was exclusively supported by Puthoff, Green, et al.

How do you figure?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:23 pm

m0r1arty wrote:Any chance you could paraquote it here?

I just hate clicking on links to other sites with very little to no explanation - and as a hazard to our non techie friends the site could have all sorts of malware/tracking going on with it.

m0r,

FYI, Starpod is Gary's personal site. Are you accusing him of malicious mischief?

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gary » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:46 pm

No one should worry about being tracked, should they? ;-)

China Telecom, a state-owned business, has denied US claims that it hijacked 15 per cent of the world’s web traffic for a total of 18 minutes earlier this year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/i ... guide.html
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gary » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Or maybe this is the reason? ;-)

Disclosure: I arranged the (virtual) introduction between Kit and Shan. They eventually met up in Beijing, to discuss experiments based on Shan's theory of quantum telepathy.

www.parapsych.org/papers/44.pdf

Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:44 am

Answer the questions Gary...

Try promoting your book again and you're out of here.

For those who might be wondering, Gary posted copies of documents that are available directly from the CIA’s FOIA website on his website when what he should have done is simply posted links (as opposed to embedded images as he has done here in the past) to the original documents on the their website.

That way those who are paranoid can make up their own mind about viewing them and those who may be blocked from viewing then remain that way. ;)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby m0r1arty » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:15 am

dan wrote:m0r,

FYI, Starpod is Gary's personal site. Are you accusing him of malicious mischief?

Not at all, I was only asking for the decent 'netiquette' of explaining more than a throw away glib comment about a non specific topic to be explained properly before a link to where you can read more is provided.

I'll quite happily show up here are redirect people to my site to read things if that's acceptable practise.

I mean it's not like this site hasn't put work into it's SEO, design, membership, moderation and content for me to just hijack it to my site is it?

Had this been a comment in a thread with much content then fine - it could pass, but it's a thread starter for Friday's sake (FFS).

I'm sure Gary is above repute and is an outstanding member of this, and other, communities and has no agenda other than to share openly and freely with everyone who is interested in as accessible a way as possible for all.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Gary » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm

AD: book? This thread has ZERO connection to anything in my book, so your comment makes no sense to me. I have merely posted a STAR GATE document at my site (STAR GATE is not directly available at CIA's FOIA; there are only STAR GATE titles there -- i recall the collection of 89,000 pages cost about $140 from CIA if anyone is interested).

Most everything of interest to me is historical; from that history we are free to speculate about whether or not we are witnessing history repeat itself (the covert recruitment of Uri Geller by CIA -- documented in the collection -- is a case in point).

The Jake Stewart proposal is interesting because:

(1) ONI/Navy and Undersecretary of Defense involvement in paranormal activity planning
(2) The citing in the above of NSA and Johns Hopkins
(3) Recent claims from undisclosed source of involvement by Johns Hopkins in a current NSA-sponsored program
(4) Dan T. Smith's statement that Ron was unable to penetrate into ONI paranormal involvement (as recently as post-9/11)
(5) The 2005 email stream of the 'team of three' concerning how to uncover current paranormal activity within the US government and the alleged statements from several high-ranking intelligence officials
(6) Claims of post-9/11 recruitment of individuals claiming extraordinary human functioning and perception skills (see Jon Ronson's "Men Who Stare at Goats' for background and my articles about Chris Robinson's contact in US with a known US intelligence official)

Etc.

So in any event Ad, I am doing nothing more and nothing less than Jack Anderson did when he wrote about STAR GATE like programs in the Washington Post (and about Dan Smith's sister and President H.W. Bush).

Questions?
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gary » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:10 pm

One page of interest from the proposal:

Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Gary wrote:(4) Dan T. Smith's statement that Ron was unable to penetrate into ONI paranormal involvement (as recently as post-9/11)

Has nothing to do with Stargate, and Dan's second-hand references to anything Ron might or might not have said is irrelevant since Dan is proven to be extremely unreliable as a witness and Ron has proven to be extremely unreliable as a source.

(5) The 2005 email stream of the 'team of three' concerning how to uncover current paranormal activity within the US government and the alleged statements from several high-ranking intelligence officials

This is far too vague, what specific statements regarding how to "uncover current paranormal activity within the US government" are you referring to? I don't recall anything like that at all - only a discussion about a stupid Internet hoax.

So in any event Ad, I am doing nothing more and nothing less than Jack Anderson did when he wrote about STAR GATE like programs in the Washington Post (and about Dan Smith's sister and President H.W. Bush).

As I've said before Stargate is one of the most financially/commercially exploited declassified government projects in history - the number of businesses and individuals seeking to irk a profit from the odd-factor and blanked out portions of documents is just insane.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:14 pm

AD,

Do you agree that Modern civilization, qua Scientific Materialism (SM), is a sand-castle built upon the foundational notion that reality may be explained by 'atoms swerving in the dark'?

Do you understand that SM is like a virgin: one paranormal prick, and it's all gone?

AD, are you putting your faith in this CSICOP/SM version of reality?

If not, please remind us what exactly is your take on the nature of Reality.

You may answer this on the Reality thread, if you like.

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gary » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:42 am

"Has nothing to do with Stargate, and Dan's second-hand references to anything Ron might or might not have said is irrelevant since Dan is proven to be extremely unreliable as a witness and Ron has proven to be extremely unreliable as a source."

Ryan, you need to state this is your opinion unless you have specific information concerning ONI involvement in paraphysics (for example, anything you might have on the statements made by C.A. Fitts).

Case examples specific to the topic? (US Navy parapsychology programs).

"This is far too vague, what specific statements regarding how to "uncover current paranormal activity within the US government" are you referring to? I don't recall anything like that at all - only a discussion about a stupid Internet hoax."

To my knowledge you do not have the complete "team of three" emails? From June 2005.

"As I've said before Stargate is one of the most financially/commercially exploited declassified government projects in history -- the number of businesses and individuals seeking to irk a profit from the odd-factor and blanked out portions of documents is just insane."

Ryan, STAR GATE was only one of dozens of programs mixing official government business with the paranormal. CIA killed the DIA program but little or nothing is known about what happened to all of the others. The only information we have comes from the little that had been shared with DIA and landed in the STAR GATE files.

Btw my source tells me he was called by a writer for the Washington Post yesterday. Hard to say what if anything may come from this but you never know. So stay tuned...
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Ry,
Dan's second-hand references to anything Ron might or might not have said is irrelevant since Dan is proven to be extremely unreliable as a witness and Ron has proven to be extremely unreliable as a source.

Feel free to refresh our memories, with a couple of examples.......

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gary » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:00 pm

I agree with Dan.

"Where's the beef Ryan?"

But first I'll pass on a minor (humorous) mystery:

The "MJ-12" reference on author James Bamford's NSA expose' 'The Shadow Factory: The NSA from 9/11 to the Eavesdropping on America'

"MJ-12" is on the right side of the front cover.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/14/51t3kjuxgl_ss500_.jpg

A Washington Post Notable Book

“Important and disturbing. . . . This revealing and provocative book is necessary reading . . . Bamford goes where the 9/11 Commission did not fully go.”
—Senator Bob Kerrey, The Washington Post Book World

“Fascinating. . . . Bamford has distilled a troubling chapter in American history.”
—Bloomberg News

“At its core and at its best, Bamford’s book is a schematic diagram tracing the obsessions and excesses of the Bush administration after 9/11. . . . There have been glimpses inside the NSA before, but until now no one has published a comprehensive and detailed report on the agency. . . . Bamford has emerged with everything except the combination to the director’s safe.”
—The New York Times Book Review

“Engaging. . . . Chilling. . . . Bamford is able to link disparate facts and paint a picture of utter, compounded failure—failure to find the NSA’s terrorist targets and failure to protect American citizens’ communications from becoming tangled in a dragnet.”
—The San Francisco Chronicle

“The bad news in Bamford’s fascinating new study of the NSA is that Big Brother really is watching. The worse news . . . is that Big Brother often listens in on the wrong people and sometimes fails to recognize critical information. . . . Bamford convincingly argues that the agency . . . broke the law and spied on Americans and nearly got away with it.”
—The Baltimore Sun
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Next

Google

Return to The Aviary