Vallee and Christianity

Aviary discussion and topics

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Vallee and Christianity

Postby mikifin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:00 am

As many might know, Jacques Vallee said that ufo beliefs were in the same position as early christianity, in that a despised cult of the underclass or outsiders would gradually become mainstream and eventually dominant.

This has clearly happened, I think that's incontrivertible.

Given this situation, is the Aviary, and Vallee's secret college and indeed the whole intel involvement in the modern phenomena from the beginning, an attempt to combat the new religion, or possibly take it over from the inside?

The phenomena shift and adapt to the thoughts of the experiencers / victims. Given this, and given the parallel rise of the Engineering of Consent, is the intel plan to use these genies, which will never return to the bottle, and control the ultraterrestrial forces for their own agenda? Are the intel agencies now reverting to their John Dee days, and trafficking with nonhuman intelligences in an attempt to reprogram this malleable reality of ours?
Are alligators coming out of your tap faucet? Give it time, if the belief becomes strong enough you'll soon have hot and cold running crocodilians.
mikifin

Re: Vallee and Christianity

Postby Access Denied » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:46 pm

I see no evidence of intel agencies involved in the manner you describe. There however may be evidence of certain individuals with certain belief systems that have tried to infiltrate them in the past but I’ll let Ryan speak to that. If you're interested, he has shared some of his views on this in a number of articles on our blog, for example...

Jacques Vallee Interviews Offer Insight Into the “Aviary”
http://www.realityuncovered.net/blog/20 ... he-aviary/
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby mikifin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:00 am

I know from personal experience that at least the USA and Australia have used a ouija board type experiment re: nonhuman intelligences. It was done at University of Sydney in 1991-1993 and before that at University of Adelaide 1989-1990. The professor involved at University of Adelaide was Professor Karolyi (spelling?) from the Elec Eng department, together with a paranormalist from the Psych department. That isn't in question. The question is why. It wasn't just to counter soviet propaganda or psywar it was done with the aim to verify, but what was the step beyond verification? Once the communications were opened, what was to be the advantage?
Are alligators coming out of your tap faucet? Give it time, if the belief becomes strong enough you'll soon have hot and cold running crocodilians.
mikifin

Postby Access Denied » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:35 am

mikifin wrote:Once the communications were opened, what was to be the advantage?

Good question. I suspect many who have dabbled in the occult hoped it would give them some kind of power over others or control of the world around them. I also suspect most never actually considered what the consequences might be had it actually turned out to be true…

The Darwin Awards
http://www.darwinawards.com/

Honoring those who improve the species...by accidentally removing themselves from it!
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Puppetburglar » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:31 pm

mikifin wrote:I know from personal experience that at least the USA and Australia have used a ouija board type experiment re: nonhuman intelligences. It was done at University of Sydney in 1991-1993 and before that at University of Adelaide 1989-1990. The professor involved at University of Adelaide was Professor Karolyi (spelling?) from the Elec Eng department, together with a paranormalist from the Psych department. That isn't in question. The question is why. It wasn't just to counter soviet propaganda or psywar it was done with the aim to verify, but what was the step beyond verification? Once the communications were opened, what was to be the advantage?

Take ouija, add Romano Prodi and Aldo Moro, and then Google it. Down the rabbit hole...
God is a comedian performing for an audience too afraid to laugh

Voltaire
Puppetburglar
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:19 am

Puppetburglar wrote:Take ouija, add Romano Prodi and Aldo Moro, and then Google it. Down the rabbit hole...

Interesting, on the way down I discovered there’s an app for that… both literally and figuratively. ;)

ALDO MORO, THE OUIJA BOARD, AND ROMANO PRODI
http://direland.typepad.com/direland/20 ... the-o.html

When the Parliamentary Commission turned its attention to this complicated affair, all participants in the séance save Prodi and his wife Flavia answered the summons, and all repeated the same, memorized story of the séance and the talking-spirits.

This obvious lie meant that all risked arrest for perjury, as I learned. No one was arrested, however, perhaps because all those involved on both sides understood that the séance story was never meant to be believed. Possibly, some on the extreme left in Bologna had begun to realize that the government, in refusing to negotiate for Moro’s life, was following its own agenda, and that Moro’s death was not in the Brigades’ interest. Bologna had no dearth of radical leftists, such as in Autonomia Operaia, and one of these presumably had tipped off a faculty member.

For the recipient of the tip, this presented a problem. He could send an anonymous letter, but this was easily overlooked. He could refer the information to someone in charge, but then the source could be identified, at deadly risk. Hence the Ouija Board charade. Who can murder spirits which are by definition already dead?

Other explanations are possible, of course, but this makes it all the more important that, now that he has announced his retirement from politics after mid-April’s elections, Premier Prodi should break whatever omertà explains his continued silence.

Neat trick...
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:15 pm

mikifin wrote:I know from personal experience that at least the USA and Australia have used a ouija board type experiment re: nonhuman intelligences. It was done at University of Sydney in 1991-1993 and before that at University of Adelaide 1989-1990. The professor involved at University of Adelaide was Professor Karolyi (spelling?) from the Elec Eng department, together with a paranormalist from the Psych department. That isn't in question. The question is why. It wasn't just to counter soviet propaganda or psywar it was done with the aim to verify, but what was the step beyond verification? Once the communications were opened, what was to be the advantage?

Yes, I agree...if you dig deep through the archives of intel-funded research starting (from what I've seen, although I suppose there could be earlier cases) in the 1950s regarding the old occult interests that were actually a popular cult phenomenon as early as the 1920's in the U.S. and of course the 1800's in Europe. In fact if you take a look at the history of the Ouija board itself, it was an ingenius method to capitalize financially on the cultural buzz around communication with unseen spirits.

To say that the "entire" intel community is focused on it based on the fact that they've been known to occasionally fund "strange" research is the only part I would disagree with. As I'm sure you know, the 1960's and 1970's were a time where they really started to fund that stuff heavily again. Remote Viewing was only one area, but lots of folks within Intel and the military had their little pet projects to test paranormal hypothesis. The Vallee/Green/Puthoff-developed "core story" was, I believe, either one of those additional pet projects. The same folks were involved in the more recent Col. John Alexander-led "working group" as well. Tom and Steve and I are all on the same page regarding where many of the motivations were for a lot of these guys back then - once folks recognized just how many crazy folks inside and outside the government were willing to fund this type of research.

Vallee's focus and his branch of research was always more focused on UFOs than the other guys, and in my opinion at least in those earliest years he seemed driven by the influence of his work with Hynek and Project Blue Book during the 1960s. His belief was definitely that the UFO subculture is one of cult-like beliefs - and malleable ones at that, which can be utilized for ones own purpose. He noted the common themes through UFO cults of the 1970s toward mainstream religion and toward the government. His book "Messenger's of Deception" covers this in detail (I was hoping to review it here on the RU blog soon! You've inspired me!)

So - yes, I would definitely agree with you that the working group/invisible college phenomenon involving most of the guys within the so-called "aviary" was primarily belief-driven from the cultural popularity of those beliefs through the 1970s. I don't think those guys ever lost that, even to this day. It influences their personal and professional lives and I believe it continues to drive their activities online and offline toward the UFO/paranormal community. You can see a lot of that in things Green and Puthoff continue to write via email to "believers".

However, I would definitely NOT go so far as to say those personal interests are a reflection of the overall intelligence community as a whole. The intel community and military funds a *huge* assortment of fringe research - and in comparison to their entire black research budget, including bleeding-edge technologies and aerospace research - I would say the paranormal end of it is barely a drop in the bucket. Yes, the 1970's RV research ends up getting 90% of the focus because it's now declassified and proves that the Intel community is interested in some *REALLY STRANGE* stuff - but I believe its relevance and scope has been vastly exaggerated by RV proponents.

Anyway - that's just my opinion!

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Puppetburglar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:50 am

Access Denied wrote:
Puppetburglar wrote:Take ouija, add Romano Prodi and Aldo Moro, and then Google it. Down the rabbit hole...

Interesting, on the way down I discovered there’s an app for that… both literally and figuratively. ;)

ALDO MORO, THE OUIJA BOARD, AND ROMANO PRODI
http://direland.typepad.com/direland/20 ... the-o.html

When the Parliamentary Commission turned its attention to this complicated affair, all participants in the séance save Prodi and his wife Flavia answered the summons, and all repeated the same, memorized story of the séance and the talking-spirits.

This obvious lie meant that all risked arrest for perjury, as I learned. No one was arrested, however, perhaps because all those involved on both sides understood that the séance story was never meant to be believed. Possibly, some on the extreme left in Bologna had begun to realize that the government, in refusing to negotiate for Moro’s life, was following its own agenda, and that Moro’s death was not in the Brigades’ interest. Bologna had no dearth of radical leftists, such as in Autonomia Operaia, and one of these presumably had tipped off a faculty member.

For the recipient of the tip, this presented a problem. He could send an anonymous letter, but this was easily overlooked. He could refer the information to someone in charge, but then the source could be identified, at deadly risk. Hence the Ouija Board charade. Who can murder spirits which are by definition already dead?

Other explanations are possible, of course, but this makes it all the more important that, now that he has announced his retirement from politics after mid-April’s elections, Premier Prodi should break whatever omertà explains his continued silence.

Neat trick...

Indeed. I've written about this, now entombed in a larger project- which I will soon share with those interested.
God is a comedian performing for an audience too afraid to laugh

Voltaire
Puppetburglar
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:10 am

Puppetburglar wrote:Indeed. I've written about this, now entombed in a larger project- which I will soon share with those interested.

Looking forward to it...
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to The Aviary