Bob Lazar

The ones that didn't get away

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Bob Lazar

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri May 09, 2008 2:30 am

I figured we needed a thread in this forum for this joker... and since I didn't see one in here, I figured it should be created. Just saw a snippet about Lazar in a show about "alien encounters" while I had the travel channel on, so that is what brought it on.

I will start this thread out with probably the easiest thing to debunk: Lazar's alleged training and degrees.

1) In EVERY interview I have ever seen of this guy on TV, I have never seen him exhibit ANY knowledge of physics that would support his claim that the GOV came looking for him as an expert.
2) The other problem is that NONE of the educational institutions that he claimed he attended (and graduated from) have any record of his doing so.

Now yes, we have heard his claims that "the government wiped out all my records at those institutions." The problem with this is the MAJOR hole that anyone who has a degree should recognize and immediately ask him the question:

"So you apparantly did not even keep ONE copy of your degree, much less the original they gave you when you walked?"

That is simply incredulous!! As a person with a BS in Aero Engineering and a MS in Systems Engineering, those degrees of mine are a HUGE part of my earning power. Not only do I have my original degrees safely housed in my lockable, fire-proof file cabinet in my home, these pieces of paper are valuable enough that there are also certified copies of my degrees in a safety deposit box in a place outside my home. Now maybe this last part might be considered "extreme" by some people (I am a flight control engineer, and we DO believe strongly in redundancy) I find it VERY hard to believe that Lazar could not simply walk into his office, pull out his degrees (or a copy thereof) and present them to any TV crew that is interviewing him!! :shock:

And anyone who is willing to lie about their educational credentials is more than willing to spin some pretty huge yarns, in my book!

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Bob Lazar

Postby Zorgon » Fri May 09, 2008 6:40 am

Good Idea :D

Lets start with the basics...
He is the owner of United Nuclear
You can buy some cheap uranium here :D
http://www.unitednuclear.com/

Now I assume everyone has seen this one...

This site has a few interesting points...

Evidence supporting his claims is considerable. In addition to his claiming Naval Intelligence work at S4 (15 miles southwest of Area 51) from late 1988 to early 1989, Robert Lazar claimed to have worked at the Meson Physics lab, a part of the Los Alamos National Laboratories. The FBI is still dragging its feet in investigating his employment there, even though former Nevada Congressman James Bilbray asked it to investigate over four years ago. Evidently, FBI agents are still scratching their heads, wondering how to both deny his employment at Los Alamos and explain why his name is in an old telephone directory of Los Alamos scientists. An article by staff writer Terry England in the June 27, 1982 edition of the Los Alamos Monitor, which shows a picture of Lazar standing next to a jet car and refers to his employment as a scientist with Los Alamos, is also hard to explain. Two-dozen odd Los Alamos employees told former KLAS-TV anchor George Knapp that they remembered Lazar. Some of them said that they had been warned not to talk about Lazar and that they were afraid to talk about him. Four of them, though, confirmed for Knapp that Lazar had been working on classified projects there. After denying Lazar’s employment there since 1989, Los Alamos in April 1994 finally changed its story and said that he had been employed there. Knapp also talked to former employees of the super-secret Groom Lake base, who corroborated Lazar’s description of such details as how one gets to the base dining room, what the dining room looks like, and how one pays for meals there. It’s extremely unlikely that an outsider would know such information.

http://www.gravitywarpdrive.com/Governm ... entist.htm

I notice RYGuy has this posted in his signature

""I am familiar with that website and think they do a good job in their examination of many controversial topics."
- George Knapp on RealityUncovered "

But George Knapp believes Bob is real and is on of Bob's biggest supporters...

Hmmmm
Zorgon
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri May 09, 2008 7:27 am

Oooo look a chalkboard. That badge cracks me up.

Bob gets a local newpaper in Los Alamos interested in his jet car and causally mentions he's a physicist and the reporter never thinks to verify it and prints the story and we all know what happens after that…

Just goes to show there’s a sucker born every minute.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Fri May 09, 2008 8:46 am

I also read somewhere, that not one person in the years that Lazar says he was at those institutions, recognises or remembers him.
I just think he's a sad little wannabee, that never was.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby yfxxx » Fri May 09, 2008 10:10 am

Zorgon wrote:Now I assume everyone has seen this one...

Others have already pointed out how easy it is to create fake ID cards :).

Anyway, as a starter I tried to find information about this "U.S. Department(!) of Naval Intelligence", because I only ever heard about the "Office of Naval Intelligence". All I found were references to the Lazar story :shock: !

I admit I didn't search too long :oops: , but could anyone please provide independent (from Lazar) evidence that the "U.S. Department of Naval Intelligence" even exists today? Or existed in the 1990s? Thanks in advance!

yf
yfxxx

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri May 09, 2008 1:24 pm

yfxxx wrote:Anyway, as a starter I tried to find information about this "U.S. Department(!) of Naval Intelligence", because I only ever heard about the "Office of Naval Intelligence". All I found were references to the Lazar story :shock: !

I admit I didn't search too long :oops: , but could anyone please provide independent (from Lazar) evidence that the "U.S. Department of Naval Intelligence" even exists today? Or existed in the 1990s? Thanks in advance!

Yes, thanks yf. This was PRECISELY the next place I was going to go, and point out exactly what you did. Glad Zorgon saw fit to bring it up...and smear egg all over his face (and Lazar's again). So please, Zorgon, answer yf's DIRECT question... given that there IS NO Office of Naval Intelligence, and yet it clearly shows up on that badge, other than Lazar faking it (which he is certainly good at doing...faking), how are you going to explain it???

To be clear (and the military has been one of my customers for a LONG time), here is how it goes:

DEPARTMENT of the Navy (the higher level entity)
http://www.hq.navy.mil/
OFFICE of Naval Intelligence (the subsumed entity within the department)
http://www.nmic.navy.mil/

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zorgon » Sat May 10, 2008 5:07 am

yfxxx wrote:Anyway, as a starter I tried to find information about this "U.S. Department(!) of Naval Intelligence", because I only ever heard about the "Office of Naval Intelligence". All I found were references to the Lazar story :shock: !

Funny you didn't try very hard, or you have a reason to 'obfuscate'

The full name is ..
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY. OFFICE OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE
Says so right here

And not one flicker of Bob Lazar's name

So he didn't use the full term Big Deal

[Mod Edit: fixed quote]
Zorgon
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Zorgon » Sat May 10, 2008 5:15 am

You Can Call Me Ray wrote: So please, Zorgon, answer yf's DIRECT question... given that there IS NO Office of Naval Intelligence,

You surely are confused here Yf just said there IS an Office of Naval Intelligence and I just showed you the full name that Bob simply abbreviated... It proves absolutely nothing either way

But what is does show me is that you guys have no interest in the truth, only in finding things that back your views... and quite honestly if this is what you call evidence, man I never laughed so hard....

Egg on my face indeed ... what over a silly word game? You guys need a serious look in the mirror

Well its been fun boys... (so is playing in a nest of Rattlers :P ) But I am out of here and I will leave you to patting each other on the back....

Have fun and I KNOW I will be missed... :wink:
Zorgon
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Chorlton » Sat May 10, 2008 9:13 am

Zorgon wrote:
You Can Call Me Ray wrote: So please, Zorgon, answer yf's DIRECT question... given that there IS NO Office of Naval Intelligence,

You surely are confused here Yf just said there IS an Office of Naval Intelligence and I just showed you the full name that Bob simply abbreviated... It proves absolutely nothing either way
But what is does show me is that you guys have no interest in the truth, only in finding things that back your views... and quite honestly if this is what you call evidence, man I never laughed so hard....
Egg on my face indeed ... what over a silly word game? You guys need a serious look in the mirror
Well its been fun boys... (so is playing in a nest of Rattlers :P ) But I am out of here and I will leave you to patting each other on the back....

You know, this post of your proves that you are totally unable to read and comprehend what someone posted. You have totally misprepresented the previous posts and ave twisted them around to suit your own idea if reality.

You are leaving? Cant take the heat? someone who is allegedly so superior in their understanding of fuzzy photos?.
Going back to where you really belong?, places that dont ask questions about your delusions like OM? or is it back to your doting disciples at the other site, the one where the bully Springer works?.
Its always amazed me that someone like you who professes to want the truth and reality, dresses up in funny clothes at the weekend.
Is it those long flowing robes that attracts you? HMMMMMMMMMMM ??
Bye Zorgon. Dont believe all the conspiracies will ya.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby MrPenny » Sat May 10, 2008 1:39 pm

Zorgon wrote:
You Can Call Me Ray wrote: Yf just said there IS an Office of Naval Intelligence and I just showed you the full name that Bob simply abbreviated... It proves absolutely nothing either way

Way to go Mr. Wizard....jump on a typo, turn it into something it's not.....then run.

By the way....you've never answered any of the questions I've asked you in these forums.
P.T. Barnum wouldn't stand a chance with this crowd.
MrPenny
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat May 10, 2008 3:02 pm

What a joker that Zorgon is, eh?

Ray did indeed make a typo, but his and Yf's point still stands!

There is no US Department of Naval Intelligence and as for Lear simply abbreviating it*, the correct acronym is ONI for pretty obvious reason. Obvious to those not pushing a certain agenda, that is.

*Why would Lear abbreviate anything on an "official" ID card? That only makes sense if he were the issuing authority - which he most certainly is!

Zorgon, you haven't fared very well in your short time here, but don't be upset. Those who never answer direct questions or provide solid data for outrageous claims NEVER DO.

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sat May 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:What a joker that Zorgon is, eh?

Ray did indeed make a typo, but his and Yf's point still stands!

There is no US Department of Naval Intelligence and as for Lear simply abbreviating it*, the correct acronym is ONI for pretty obvious reason. Obvious to those not pushing a certain agenda, that is.

*Why would Lear abbreviate anything on an "official" ID card? That only makes sense if he were the issuing authority - which he most certainly is!

Zorgon, you haven't fared very well in your short time here, but don't be upset. Those who never answer direct questions or provide solid data for outrageous claims NEVER DO.

Yes, I DID make a typo and I thank the others for explaining what it was. But the bottom line is simple:

1) That ID card is fake, and Lazar is lazy in that he couldn't be bothered to research the actual name of the organization he was faking.
2) We now have evidence that Zorgon will twist and turn in any way he can to avoid addressing the obvious evidence that debunks Lazar.

The guy can't produce a copy of his alleged college degrees, but he CAN produce an ID card that has the name of a non-existent government entity on it. Funny, but it seems those two facts go together! =D>

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sat May 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Good thing Lazar didn’t use the real name of the ONI on his “badge” otherwise he could have been prosecuted by the feds for impersonating a government official and forgery.

Maybe Lazar isn’t that dumb after all and used the 2% theory… that being you only need to be 2% smarter than the thing you’re working on to be dangerous… or in this case only 2% smarter than the people you’re trying to fool.

Zorgon, please answer MrPenny’s questions (I know you can find them) or your departure from RU will become permanent in the next couple of days.

Thank you.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sat May 10, 2008 3:14 pm

Zorgon wrote:Well its been fun boys... (so is playing in a nest of Rattlers :P ) But I am out of here and I will leave you to patting each other on the back....

And so, just like the little boy he is, he runs away because he does not wish to see that the "evidence" he provides clearly shows that Lazar is a blatant hoaxer. Nize. You really have engendered a heap of respect around here, Zorgy.... or not! Don't let the door hit you in the ass. At least Zorgy knows when the trash needs to be taken out, and someone else does not have to do it for him!

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Famous Hoaxes