John Hutchinson's Dead Alien Photos

The ones that didn't get away

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: John Hutchinson's Dead Alien Photos

Postby Access Denied » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:15 am

Well put Ray.

Yes, in my opinion he's part of the problem when, given his credentials, he could be part of the solution.

What problem is that you might ask? The irrational belief in extraterrestrial visitation as a credible explanation for any aspect of the UFO phenomenon.

How is Kaku part of the problem? Reinforcing that belief (telling people what they want to hear) for profit.

If I had a dime for every time I've seen Kaku on a UFO "documentary" implying that interstellar (faster than light) travel is “possible" by simply folding space-time over, you know, like a piece a paper, I'd be a rich man too.

What Kaku doesn't tell you is even if something could survive being squeezed through a wormhole, creating one would require harnessing (literally) astronomical amounts of energy... and we're supposed to believe after all that they crash their wobbly little tin can in some farmer's field in New Mexico? I find this comparable to Stanton Friedman (who often appears on the same shows and at the same conferences) waving around his totally blacked out FOIA document as proof of the "cosmic conspiracy" knowing full well that it has since been released not blacked out.

Oh and string theory? Don't get me started... did you know these extra dimensions, assuming they even exist, would be infinitesimally small? To listen to him (and others like him who like to "interpret" the "reality" of theoretical physics in metaphysical terms) you might (incorrectly) think these would be like parallel worlds that could be inhabited by super advanced "interdimensional" beings who could somehow "cross over"... from the tiny side lol.

Don't get me wrong... there's nothing wrong thinking outside the box, after all that's how progress is made, it's just that "popularizing" these ideas without balancing what's theoretically "possible" with what's practical (and therefore technologically achievable) is irresponsible and intellectually dishonest.

Anyway, now I'm totally off-topic. If you're interested you can read more about my position on FTL travel in this post or click on "Advanced Search" in the toolbar at the top of this site and enter "quantum quackery" for some light reading. :)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:26 pm

Access Denied wrote:Oh and string theory? Don't get me started... did you know these extra dimensions, assuming they even exist, would be infinitesimally small? To listen to him (and others like him who like to "interpret" the "reality" of theoretical physics in metaphysical terms) you might (incorrectly) think these would be like parallel worlds that could be inhabited by super advanced "interdimensional" beings who could somehow "cross over"... from the tiny side lol.

Well, the Lectroids came through from the 10th dimension!!! :shock: But good thing we had Buckaroo Banzai around to make sure their dastardly scheme did not come to fruition! I'm surprised Kaku does not discuss this movie right alongside when he tries to discuss the "science" of Back The The Future? :lol:

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:15 pm

What...you mean you can't send a sportscar hurtling through space and time on scraps of garbage? Come on man, I thought you were an engineer... :)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:12 pm

ryguy wrote:What...you mean you can't send a sportscar hurtling through space and time on scraps of garbage? Come on man, I thought you were an engineer... :)

Well, if that dastardly Dr. Emilio Lizardo hadn't stolen my oscillation overthruster, things would be different, now wouldn't they? Laugh while you can, monkeyboy! ;)

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Previous

Google

Return to Famous Hoaxes