Judy Fältskog, Wayne Herschel and the Alien signal hoax

The ones that didn't get away

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Judy Fältskog, Wayne Herschel and the Alien signal hoax

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:01 am

Hi all.

here is my first real contribution to RU, this is a subject that i was heavily involved in on another website.
i have much information on the various people involved and their various hoaxes etc, but i will start with an easy breakdown of the hoax that led me and many others on a rather long and strange journey of discovery.

also to save much time and effort i have taken most of this directly from an original post of mine from elsewhere so i apologise to anyone that has already read this elsewhere, but i will add more to this thread when i have the time.

this subject is about an alien signal claim made by (alleged) astronomer/astophysicist Dr Judy fältskog (that turned out to be a sex changed infamous ufo hoaxer called James Van Greunen) and announced by (infamous) author Wayne Herschel, an important point that i must make is that Judy and Wayne have since removed much of the information that was damaging to them from their various websites and facebook pages so i cant link to a lot of it now, but friends of mine from other websites have screenshots and archives of every piece of information that was discovered and one friend in particular is currently working on a free ebook that will contain absolutely everything and i will post a link once its released.

i shall begin with presenting the original claim and deconstruct it piece by piece:

the following messages came from Wayne Herschel's facebook page (whch in turn he mainly got from his friend Dr Judy fältskog‘s facebook page) which were seized upon by members of various paranormal websites and spread around the interwebs like wildfire:

NASA ASTRONOMER DECIPHERS 'INTELLIGENCE' SIGNAL FROM NEARBY STARS... Radio telescopes all over the world are apparently all locking onto mysterious signals RIGHT NOW in an unusual part of the radio spectrum and have found a signal code! The astrophysicist involved is a personal friend and I am standing by for more news...

Several RAO´s (Radio Observatories) like Aricebo and others now in the US have gone online, England is online, South Africa is online, Australia has been online since last night! Russia is going online now, Germany is still in a discussion to go online, China is online. Holy s..t! News travels fast. Gonna unplug this freaken fone, I cannot get any work done..."

I asked if there is any chance it is a natural or normal signal... she answered... "Heck this is as abnormal Naturally and Naturally Intelligent as it comes. Better than the "Wow" signal and then to top it all in the deep Ultraviolet Frequency. No wonder no one found anything before, they were looking in the wrong Frequency range. We opened up a bag of Bees! Let´s try not to get stung!"

Judy Fältskog.... NASA astrophysicist ... * NASA ( Special Projects )September 1994 - Present... See More Astrophysicist / Theoretical Cosmologist Exoplanetary Research, Deep Space Mapping, Particlelisation Research, Quantum Cosmology, Radio Astronomy, SETI

so lets start with the basics of the claim, judy fältskog claims to be a NASA astronomer also working for SETI and also claimed later to be the actual owner of the radio telescope or RAO in question, she also claimed to own several others but for now we will stick with NASA and SETI

here is a quote from a NASA website giving a little bit of history on their work on the SETI programme:
NASA joined in SETI efforts at a low-level in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Some of these SETI-related efforts included Project Orion, the Microwave Observing Project, the High Resolution Microwave Survey, and Toward Other Planetary Systems. On Columbus Day in 1992, NASA initiated a formal, more intensive, SETI program. Less than a year later, however, Congress canceled the program.
http://history.nasa.gov/seti.html

so according to that congress ended NASA's work on SETI in 1992/3 and SETI became privately funded meaning that judy fältskog cannot be a NASA astronomer working for SETI in her own observatory, we can go further into it later but that will do for the moment.

next the signal itself, judy claims to have received this signal using an earth based RAO or RADIO telescope and also claims that the signal was in the far UV or ultraviolet range of the electromagnetic spectrum, it was also claimed that the ultraviolet light signal was modulated into radio waves. already there are several fundamental problems with this claim but i will try and keep this as brief and simple as possible,

first of all, far ultraviolet light is pretty much all absorbed by our atmosphere and hardly any of it makes it through and that is the reason we have space based observatory's such as hubble etc etc, the next problem is that although light waves and radio waves are both on the electromagnetic spectrum and are both waves, they are totally different and need totally different equipment to receive them, the simplest example i can give is this: you simply cannot take a photograph of a radio wave or pick up a radio signal with a camera because a camera is designed to receive visible light, and vice versa you cannot take a photograph or listen to light waves on a radio receiver because it is designed to pick up radio waves, and even slightly differing frequencies need different equipment to receive them example: people needed a new antenna to receive channel 5 in england when it first went live because it was a different signal to the other channels already available.

here are some links to various websites with explanations on the electromagnetic spectrum, telescopes, radio waves, modulation etc etc:
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/scien ... ctrum.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_modulation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amplitude_modulation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave

as we got further into this extremely convoluted story, i and many other interested people started researching judy fältskog, a few ATS members started discovering links between her and a a man by the name of james van greunen, a man well known in ufo circles as being responsible for at least two major ufo hoaxes in south africa, namely the "kalahari incident" and the "lesotho incident" and is also the author of a book called "the aenstrian revelations" which is quite an important piece of evidence because judy fältskog also claimed to be the author of that very same book which is strange as she claims to have never met james van greunen and or james forbes....

at first we all thought that judy fältskog was either married to or related to james van greunen, or was just a manufactured internet persona of his created with the intention of perpetuating more hoaxes, but the truth turned out to be far stranger.

a couple of ATS members came across posts on a german website discussing james forbes, in that discussion was a Mr Michael Hesemann, Mr Hesemann was a ufo investigor and was central to investigating the "kalahari" and "lesotho" incidents, forbes was the "alleged" contactee from the "kalahari incident" but turned out to be a persona of james van greunen, james van greunen then went on to have a sex change and became judith helena van greunen then went on to marry a swedish woman and changed her name again to its current form of judy fältskog.
http://www.allmystery.de/themen/uf1373

i managed to get in contact with Mr Hesemann to discuss the current(at the time) claims and to see if he could shed any light on judy fältskog and her history, he went on to confirm that she was indeed once judith helena van greunen and also a sex changed james van greunen, he went on to tell us her history in great detail and has provided us with many legal documents, photographs etc etc the main and most damning ones being copies of james van greunen and judith helena van greunens passports which had matching signatures and birth dates etc, and a couple of legal documents from german courts proving the sex change.

the next thing that happened in the story is that the family of james van greunens ex wife (Janice Falcus) from england contacted Mr Hesemann and in turn was put in contact with me, they also confirmed that judy fältskog was indeed once james van greunen and had been in contact with her/him after the sex change, they as well as Mr Hesemann confirmed that judy had never been a radio astronomer or astrophysicist or anything of the sort, the family also provided further legal documentation and photographs, mainly in the form of two birth certificates of james van greunens children to Janice Falcus, and also a name change document of Janice and her two children

the family of Janice also provided another major piece of evidence in the form of a link to a website where judy had tried to re establish contact with Janice Falcus in 2008, unfortunately Janice had passed away a few years earlier but judy didn't know, judy had heard a rumour about Janice's unfortunate passing and that is the reason she tried to make contact to try and confirm what she had heard. http://www.knowhere.co.uk/Whickham/Tyne ... d/messages

now during all of this judy had claimed to have been born in sweden and had always been a swedish citizen and had claimed to have never met or heard of james van greunen, or Janice Falcus, and also had stated to wayne herschel that she had never been to south africa and needed a visa to visit him due to being swedish.

this leads us on to the next big problem, judy claims to have been at berkeley university gaining her astrophysics etc degrees at the time of her arrest which cannot be possible as she had been in germany, england and south africa in the years leading up to her arrest and had been married to janice falcus and marion weigand, so can't possibly have found the time to attend and pass her university courses in the usa and also could not be in two places at once. berkeley has also stated that judy was never there...

there is much much more to this still ongoing story and i will follow this up with more whenever i have enough spare time.
and as already stated in this post i have some legal documents etc that will be added at a later time.

DISCLAIMER: i do not take credit for all the work debunking this hoax or for the many discoveries made, i was part of a team of many intelligent people that worked on this, again i apologise for anyone that has already read this elsewhere but i felt there it was easier and less time consuming to use what work i had already done.

a special mention and thank you to Mr Hesemann and the Falcus family that helped us out so much, and to the many members of ATS that worked on the original debunking.
R.I.P Janice.

thanks for taking the time to read this, i will happily answer any questions and also try to provide any evidence that may be asked for, here is the original thread at ATS: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread567583/pg1

thanks

rich
Last edited by RICH-ENGLAND on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: Judy Fältskog, Wayne Herschel and the Alien signal hoax

Postby chrLz » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:08 am

=D>

As you know, I'm only new here myself, but I applaud this. Greatly appreciate the effort you have put in, not only with coordinating a significant portion of the analysis of this twisted web, but also putting this summary here. I've found it quite difficult to follow the entire crazy situation that has given birth to the hoax up until this.

But.. I do think we need to give Falstkog his/her due. The first self-appointed astronomer to not only own several radio telescopes, but also to use them for ultraviolet detection. Not a small achievement, by any means. :P
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:24 am

Hi chrlz.

thank you for your kind words, it is highly appreciated coming from someone such as yourself as i feel i have learnt a lot from you and a few others, you and MMN (Why Not?) and your great work on the ufo over sydney thread was the reason i finally decided to join ATS in the first place after browsing for a couple of years, and then come here.

i will eventually add more of the crazy story of Judy and Wayne and try to keep it as simple as i can as it did get a little sidetracked and rather confusing on its original home.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:09 am

Fascinating stuff Rich, it’s one thing to disassemble a hoax based solely on the technical nature of the claim but it’s quite another to dig into the background of the individuals involved in perpetrating it so that we might better understand their motivations for doing so and how they operate… that takes investigative journalism skills and often a lot of teamwork.

No problem linking to the original thread and highlighting specific contributions.

I haven’t had a chance to thoroughly review everything you’ve written yet but so far it looks like you’ve put together a pretty solid case. Thank you for sharing this with our readership and looking forward to any follow ups you and the other team members might have…

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:25 am

Hi Tom.

thank you, i have edited in the original thread.

well if you didn't know much about this before then what i have written here doesn't even scratch the surface of the whole story and backgrounds of these people or the ongoing saga with them, the original thread is now at 190 pages, not to mention pages on other websites and our little web war with them and their "lightworkers".

this really is just a very basic snippet and breakdown of the claim that brought them to our attention, as time goes on i will do my best to add more in depth analysis of this story and their other exploits in a simple understandable format.

this judy/james character is seriously one of the strangest i have ever come across, and if somebody had told me their story without me actually seeing the proof that i have then i would probably have never believed it.

the judy/james person and his/her life story kind of reminds me of that movie "catch me if you can", about Frank abagnale jr!.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:03 am

Hey RIch and thanks for bringing this important hoax to RU.

I had wanted to mention it here but as someone who has only pointed out a few inconstancies with the stories and members who have shown up on ATS to extol Judy's virtues I did not feel properly qualified, or justified, in doing so.

You have been out-and-out a proper investigator on this one and have brought much up which I'm sure Wayne and Judy would rather have left at the bottom of their stagnant cesspool, past lies and hoaxes they would have wished to remain hidden. Records of the events are being written as you stated.

Nenothtu is putting in a lot of hours documenting it into a concise text which I am looking forward to and hope can be used as the embodiment of facts up until the moment it is released. I'm sure that further events will transpire after it's release but until the moment it is we can only log what has been stated.

This is a beyond classically perfect version of a hoax which has been called and when probed has released more nuggets of fallacy and dishonesty than I could have hoped for. This shows why questioning skepticism, calling people on their claims and social pressure to conform to rules is so important in the challenge of those seeking truth.

There is nothing I can do but say thanks and if, on the off chance, we ever bump into each other the first round is on me.

Amazing work =D>

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:27 am

Hi m0r.

thanks, where's my star and flag? lol.

all jokes aside, i have a few reasons to help keep this going as long as we can, i enjoyed helping to bust these people and hopefully we can stop at least a few people being sucked in by these scam artists.

and my most important reason now is to repay the Falcus family for their generous help and also to give Judy/James a little payback for what he/she put them through.

and also to do Mr Hesemann proud for all his generous help too.

but overall there are people far more worthy of praise than i, Nonethtu, dcmb, nettie etc and many others all found a great deal of important links, and Nonethtu and dcmb put a great deal into that blog that got removed.

and as i said earlier the OP is just an edited copy of a summary i put on ATS, i will eventually add much more and make summaries of all the additional branches of this story, i just felt that this was the easiest and quickest way to start without confusing anyone.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby nenothtu » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:57 am

Hello. RICH! Here am I. The Book is coming along quite well, and nearing completion. I'm aiming for a release around Christmas, as a gift to the world. If I can find an upload space here, then a copy of it will reside here for download as well as in several other places around the cyber world. My insistence on redundancy was sparked by the cyber-attack and eventual demise of dcmb1490's blog. I aim for that to not be an option for the opposition any more. If they manage to assault and zap it from one basket, there will be others. Eventually thousands, I hope.

I've settled on ending the narrative at their assault on ATS. There is a lot more after that, but since the saga is ongoing, and the socks continually march, I have to pick a place to end it, and that's the place. If they can manage to generate enough more outrageous interest, there could be Part II in the offing.

Judy's recent cyber blitz nearly meets that criteria, with her claims of having constructed a mythical "EFFET" telescope that she contends meets all the criteria established to make her spurious "Alien UV Signal" a valid story. Her use of video of the MAGIC telescopes, claiming they were the EFFET 'scopes, had me going for a moment. I hadn't seen them, and was desperately trying to find further pictures of the actual telescopes she used in that particular facet of her hoax by searching for adaptive optics telescopes, which I initially mistook them for in the video. As it turned out, the video was actually of the MAGIC telescopes in the Canaries, which deal with gamma waves, as I recall. Neat trick, but no cigar.

Likewise her attempt at claiming her new tech scopes were based on some secret "Tesla technology", and the segment where she claimed they used Light Sensitive Diodes, sensitive, one would presume, to UV light, to produce electrical or "radio" signals. All a bit of sleight of hand, fairly easily exposed, but it shows that this ain't over. She's desperately trying new approaches that she hopes can't be debunked, and so far every different new approach has been shot down.

As I see it, her constant casting about for NEW explanations every time an old one gets shot down is proof enough that it's a hoax. After all, the signal was alleged to have been received in May, already here, a done deal. Why is it that she still can't figure out HOW it was received, on HER OWN equipment, and so is still looking for a mechanism that would explain it? One would think that a PhD Radio Astronomer/NASA Astrophysicist/Theoretical Cosmologist, etc. would already know what sort of equipment they were operating!

Amateurs.

Pop some popcorn, RICH, it's going to be a heck of a show watching their antics when the book finally hits the 'net, and it won't be long now!
nenothtu

Postby ryguy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 pm

nenothtu wrote:Pop some popcorn, RICH, it's going to be a heck of a show watching their antics when the book finally hits the 'net, and it won't be long now!

In that case it may be a good idea to preempt it. After the whole Echo flight case, our blog is being closely monitored by a number of Ufology sites, and when they see something interesting they often mention it or link to it. Would you guys be interested in collaborating on a blog article about this case?

We were looking into the story about the WOW signal maybe a year or so ago, and Steve even went so far as to interview the researcher involved. We haven't put together anything on that yet (but plan to). However, this particular case sounds so much more "scammy" - and deserving of being blasted to pieces.

Let me know what you think. Send me a PM and we can hook up via email and get this thing together in less than a week or so (you guys have already done most of the homework...). Again - full credit on the blog will go to you guys for this awesome research.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:47 pm

hi ryguy.

nonethtu and another poster from ats named dcmb1490 had a wordpress blog with the rest of us as admins, all about this case but wayne herschel and his facebook(lightworker) friends got it shut down by constantly sending spam complaint emails to wordpress!.

i would be more than happy to help you with your blog and provide any information, and as i already stated, i have legal documents etc that i just haven't had chance to post yet.

we are also in contact with first hand witnesses to the judy characters background who will most likely help too.

i will send you my email address by pm.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby nenothtu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:25 pm

Hello, ryguy!

Strangely enough, Judy mentioned the WOW signal in her initial hoax, trying to gain credibility by association. As you are no doubt aware, the WOW signal was a one-time event, never repeated, and did not claim to be a signal that could be deciphered, but was instead a coherent spike in a signal that was never explained. It was a variation in the amplitude of the signal strength, rather than capture of the modulation of the signal which would have been necessary for any actual "decoding" to have taken place. In other words, it showed a signal was "there", but not what the signal said.

Judy, on the other hand, claimed her "signal" could be decoded, and has recently made the statement that the decoded signal will be revealed to the world shortly. I can hardly wait, and am taking bets whether or not the "message" will be supportive of Wayne Herschel's new cult of "Oneism". That eventuality is the strongest contender to explain the initial hoax so far. In 2008, Wayne blasted the internet with his intent to "reveal" a "new religion" which was supposed to be confirmed as real via Blossom Goodchild's hoax concerning the Galactic Federation of Light. His cult was to be initiated in South Africa concurrently with the GFL revelation of themselves, which of course never happened.

Wayne Herschel dropped his new cult right on us in spite of that disappointment...

The strongest speculation is that Wayne intended to use Judy's "decoded signal" to confirm his cult,and that the two of them were in on it together from the very beginning. That would explain Judy's initial claims in the hoax, and the way Wayne grabbed the story and ran with it, heaping his peculiar brand of promotion on it. Furthermore, Judy's "spiritual" agenda from even as far back as when s/he was James is perfectly in alignment with Wayne's new cult, the sole difference being that her "gods" come from Andromeda, and are her parents (making her a "demi-god[dess ]", I think) and Wayne's "gods" come from somewhere near the Plieades, and have only made him a prophet of their revelation, their sole representative on Earth - sort of like Jesus to the christians, or Mohammed to the muslims.

Oh my, but this story just gets stranger and stranger as it continues along. Wayne blasts REAL academics as "know nothings", while he of course claims to have all the correct answers, and even Judy has recently blasted two people who actually have an education in electronics, and use that knowledge on a daily basis, as "not knowing anything about electronics", while she, of course, claim she DOES.

Two peas in a pod, our little hoaxers are!
nenothtu

Postby nenothtu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:16 am

The book covering the investigation into this hoax is out now. There's a link to it at Scribd at the bottom of this post.

I wrote up a synopsis of it in the following:

On 3 may, 2010, an extraordinary claim was released to the world, by, of all means, a Facebook posting.

The basics of the claim were that a "Dr." Judy Faltskog, claiming to work for NASA, had discovered an alien signal via radio telescope observations in "an unusual part of the spectrum", and that the signal was at that moment being deciphered. Wayne Herschel, a purveyor of extraordinarily bad "science", picked up on that claim and popularized it, again through a Facebook posting.

Within minutes, the claim was posted as a new thread at Above Top Secret, and investigations into the claim began. Just a few hours after that, the claim had spread from Above Top Secret to the far corners of the internet.

The hoax originators, Judy Faltskog and Wayne Herschel, had hit the big time. In the ensuing investigation, details brought out early on proved the hoax nature of the claim, but that was just the tip of the iceberg. Initial questions revolved around why NASA would rely on Facebook of all places to release such groundbreaking information. After a diligent search, absolutely NO verification of "Dr." Faltskog's credentials or bona-fides could be uncovered. Highly irregular for any sort of real scientist.

Further on, we found that Judy's claims to have at least two doctorates, one of which she claimed was from UC Berkeley were lies. Contact with UC Berkeley confirmed that she had never been a student there. Records searches of the surrounding area turned up NO evidence, through utility bills, DMV, and the like, that she had ever even been there, in fact.

Likewise NASA. A FOIA request for verification of her association with NASA returned the information that no such relationship had ever existed.

Her initial claim, of a signal "in an unusual part of the spectrum" picked up via a radio telescope, were very unusual indeed. as it turned out, her claim was that a Ultraviolet LIGHT signal had been received on RADIO equipment. That's like taking a photo with a transistor radio. It's just not going to happen - the equipment is not capable of it.

It seems that Wayne Herschel, the promoter of this hoax, jumped on the band wagon in an effort to use the hoax to prop up his failing book sales, and to gain traction for a new religion he was trying to start, called Oneism. He had done the same thing in 2008, with Blossom Goodchild's Galactic Federation of Light hoax - but it was a miserable failure. Wayne Herschel is no stranger to hoax promotions.

Neither, it turned out, was Judy Faltskog. As the investigation proceeded, the shocking fact was uncovered that Judy Faltskog had undergone a sex-change operation, and had been, prior to that, James Van Greunen, the infamous South African hoaxer of "The Kalahari Incident" and "the Lesotho Incident" infamy. In those two hoaxes, he had gone so far as to fabricate "official documents" which he attempted to sell to the highest bidder, involving a faked UFO crash in each instance. This new hoax was an attempt at more of the same, but taking the different direction of attempting to exploit the SETI search. Faltskog/Van Greunen had a history of hoaxing, which she had stayed true to despite her questionable gender reassignment.

This book is the story of that hoax, the partners in the hoax, and the investigation that uncovered the shocking facts in the case. Folks won't believe how deep this rabbit hole went, the lengths that the hoaxer went to in order to try and erase the exposure and evidence from the internet, or the lengths that the investigators went to in order to uncover it.

The free e-book can be found here: The Hoax Heard 'Round the World
nenothtu

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi nonethtu my good friend.

thank you for the update, and thank you very much for your hard and extremely impressive work.

i still haven't had the time to read all of it yet as ive had a few things on over christmas etc, but what i have read has been fantastic.

you have great skills there my friend, maybe you should write about your own life some time as i know you have some great stories to tell due to our previous private conversations.

keep up the good work and give my regards to the gang! i miss our interactions ! lol.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon May 09, 2011 3:01 pm

it would seem that Judy Fältskog has returned from her self imposed exile to start up her hoaxing campaign again but has been quickly cottoned onto due to our previous work....

http://www.presidentialufo.com/feature- ... -challenge

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Tue May 10, 2011 8:46 am

That's a well written and thorough piece there Rich. Glad to see the author still maintains an air of credibility by posting non personal reflections upon the whole debacle.

I'm sure we'll hear more of her before too long. Even going with the conservative estimates of $600 a day for the modelling work that's going to have cost a few bob.

Perhaps they went old school and their alien is a Henson effort - either way we know there'll be more food for thought before too long.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Next

Google

Return to Famous Hoaxes