Duncan O'Finioan Interview

The ones that didn't get away

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby ScaRZ » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:42 am

In my opinion Ryan has ask the most important questions. Until these are taken care of what really matters. It's all about building a strong foundation and without that the building will collapse.
I certainly don't want to come accross as rude it's just how I feel.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Shawnna » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:48 am

ScaRZ wrote:In my opinion Ryan has ask the most important questions. Until these are taken care of what really matters. It's all about building a strong foundation and without that the building will collapse.
I certainly don't want to come accross as rude it's just how I feel.

You're right, ScaRZ - without a strong foundation of facts and evidence - these stories do collapse.

However, all too often in this area of research, we've seen the MO of repeating the story often enough used to perpetuate the fictional account. So many of the UFO stories have now become cultural memes for just this reason.

I do believe that's why it is so important to nip these in the bud whenever possible.

Ryan has asked the right questions - now let's see if Duncan comes through with the verifiable answers.

:P

Always,
Shawnna
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby serponaut » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:11 am

Robert/Duncan, I have edited my original reply to simply say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Take care.
serponaut

Postby Hydden » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:38 pm

Kind of makes you wonder just how many of these stories were/are actually true even though they have/had no proof of it. For example, if someone was say...abducted...and they remembered the whole thing vividly. They come out to forums like this to see if there are others that have experienced the same thing just to verify their own sanity. Then, when they finally do get the nerve to post their experience somewhere, they get harrassed, called names, accused of lying, etc.

It's been said the UFO community is it's worst enemy. Don't get me wrong - I would love to see evidence of paranormal things and maybe even have my own experience sometime....but even me, a "want to believe"r ....would hesitate posting what I experienced after seeing how some people are treated on the internet. Especially if it *was* just a quick, overnight visitation or abduction that I have no proof of.

Just my 2 cents.

Hydden
Too much popcorn is never enough!
Hydden
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:58 pm

Hydden wrote:It's been said the UFO community is it's worst enemy. Don't get me wrong - I would love to see evidence of paranormal things and maybe even have my own experience sometime....but even me, a "want to believe"r ....would hesitate posting what I experienced after seeing how some people are treated on the internet. Especially if it *was* just a quick, overnight visitation or abduction that I have no proof of.

Yes, I agree 100% with that. Although I believe it's an environment created by the surplus of hoaxters and con men through the years that have caused these conditions within the UFO community. Unfortunately, those of us "want to believe"rs, like you and I, need a set of criteria in order to filter out the con men and get to the core truth - the real stories. Without that criteria, we end up standing in the middle of a virtual circus, without anyone knowing whether that's a fake puppet dancing dog, or a real dancing dog.

But with the right set of criteria (and asking the right questions) - maybe we can, together, get to that place where con men simply can't exist. They are exposed as quickly as they make up their lies. And the truthful people, the ones with real stories to tell, have nothing to fear....they simply answer the questions with the truth - and that truthfulness is aweful easy to recognize.

Once a true story is recognized, using that criteria, then we can do everything within our power to promote and defend that story publicly. But the first step has to be verifying the truth of the claims - hopefully in a respectful way.

The setback we already have here is there is a pre-existing book and movie deal in the works with an ongoing search for investors to fund the movie. That's never a good place to start when one is looking for a truthful story. However, we might even be able to overlook that if the important and critical verifiable claims are verified - the hard-wired arm and the cranial implant. Beyond that, we've got a vehicle accident that could prove his neck-movements come from a past injury - we've got radiation that affected his teeth, surely such a thing is detectable by medical experts as well - we've got a gang-style fight where he took down a group of guys at a school, also verifiable.

All of these individual facts, verified, would go a long way to proving the truthfulness of the man, and the truth of his story.

Without answers - all we've got is a story....with equal odds of being from a con man as being from a truthful man. There's presently, unfortunately, no way to know. But you're right, in the current state of Ufology, thanks to a long line of con men - a "man's word" alone is now worthless.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Shawnna » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:03 pm

Well said, Ry.

I would also add that for those men who want to rely on their word alone - they better be able to withstand the scrutiny associated with relying on their personal integrity as a basis for their believability.

The likes of Rick Doty, Victor Martinez and Bill Ryan come to mind.

:roll:

Always,
Shawnna
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby serponaut » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:21 pm

Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the kings horses
And all the kings men
.................................................................................said Happy New Year.........or something like that.

:D
serponaut

Postby Hydden » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:44 pm

Oh yeah, I agree with you Ry. If you're going to claim something "out of the norm" as some people do in a public place, you *should* be able to back it up with something. I was just sitting back and wondering how many people out there have had strange experiences, know them to be real, yet will never open their mouths because of the tabboo that's been put on these subjects and topics for so long....not to mention the "prove it" attitude of the community when these claims are made.

I mean, it's been said, if only 1% of these things are true..........can you imagine the percentage of people that haven't even spoken a word about it..much less posted on an open forum? Wow...

But yes, since Duncan *HAS* posted on open forums, done interviews, has a book and a movie deal....yes, he should have no trouble bringing forth evidence to back up his claims.....as he said he expected would happen; yet he flies off the handle when questioned? I don't think we'll hear from him anymore on this forum. He'll go off to other forums where people will just believe his story and just ask stupid questions like the ones from my previous post. And people like Bill Ryan shouldn't even be going out and doing interviews, muchless talking to people who make these claims, without some kind of proof of truth....or at least some common research strategies.

Hey Bill....every morning, while I'm reading my email, I levitate my chocolate milk just as a morning "workout." Of course, I won't do it for you or anyone else in person because that would mean I could be swept off to some government lab for testing....but do you want to come film an interview with me?

(sigh)
Oh well....probably for the best. I have no video of me doing this, and if I did, I wouldn't show it for the aforementioned reasons anyway. So, just put me in the "probable hoax" pile and move on to someone else. I have no quarrel with that. I sometimes wonder how many more people feel this way.

Hydden

(you should see what I do with popcorn...)
Hydden
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:30 pm

Wouldn't verification of the various verifiable claims have already long
be the case in this matter? Seems like the story has been out for awhile.

Just came to this thread. Has it now reached a dead end of sorts?
Or, are tests being scheduled and carried out at this time?
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: answers, a start

Postby Hydden » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:17 pm

Duncan O'Finioan wrote:The questions you ask all pertain to the technical part of this saga.
I believe I can answer them all together.
I would never have come forward with this without having proof of at least some of what I say.
Everything you asked is being done.

Well, as you can see, it *seems* it's being done now, but you bring up a good point of his story supposedly being around for so long - why the lapse in any kind of proof (x-rays, documents, etc) until now?

Like I said, I don't think he'll be back here due to comments that were/are made so we'll have to keep our eyes open somewhere else to see what the results turn out to be. Validation beyond that point will probably be next to impossible.

Hydden
Hydden
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: answers, a start

Postby ryguy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:48 pm

Hydden wrote: Validation beyond that point will probably be next to impossible.

I don't know about that. I think if Duncan is telling the truth (and he very well could be) - then validation certainly isn't impossible. It'll just be where and when he wants it to be. Again - if the story is true, that's perfectly fine with me - at least eventually we'll see the truth of it.

I do hope it isn't "proof" in the form of some unverifiable "covert ops witness" who's credentials can't be verified. lol I'm sure, if it's true, the scans, x-rays, and medical analysis will be verified by medical experts as valid. That's what I'll be waiting for.

I can understand why Duncan, if telling the truth, might get upset by immediately being asked for "proof"....it's the nature of the beast and I don't blame him for getting insulted by those questions. I just hope, in good time, they are answered and the truth does come out. When it comes to validating a true story - nothing's impossible. The only thing that's impossible is validating a hoax.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Shawnna » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:49 pm

In my opinion, people who are telling the truth are not insulted when asked to validate their story.

:shakeshead:

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Hydden » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:38 pm

Shawnna wrote:In my opinion, people who are telling the truth are not insulted when asked to validate their story.

:shakeshead:

That's what I was getting at......and he said he expected it to be an avalanche of questions. Then when they came....

Hydden
Hydden
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:43 am

Another strike against the likelihood that we'll be seeing any verification of any "evidence" any time soon in this story. Actually - this is a major strike against Duncan's credibility overall.

The following email was from George Knapp to Sarfatti, and forwarded to Sarfatti's mailing list:

----

On Jan 12, 2007, at 11:02 AM, George Knapp wrote:

Jack,
stah
Feel free to share this with whomever.

Remember our collective discussion about Duncan O'Finioan, the "ultimate warrior" with the hard-wired arm and the chip in his head? Bill Ryan put me in touch with him after I offered to help in verifying some of Duncan's claims. Since that discussion in early December, I've sent three emails to Duncan, asking if he would be willing to submit to medical tests to prove parts of his story. He responded once but did not acknowledge anything I asked him.

Now, as you will see below, he is represented by a marketing team and will not be available for any further interviews until such time as they release some sort of promotional campaign on his behalf. I'd like to say that I am surprised by this development, but I'm not, and I doubt that anyone else on your mailing list will be surprised either.

When Duncan agrees to submit to the kinds of non-invasive tests we discussed weeks ago, I am willing to take up this topic again. Until that day---which I suspect will coincide with the freezing over of hell - I'm not going to put one more iota of mental energy into this completely unsubstantiated story. It is now relegated to the same circular file where I keep my Dan Burisch material.

Regards,

GK

---

Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 10:29 AM
To: George Knapp
Subject: RE: looking for me?

Hello Mr. Knapp,

I am Duncan's manager and producer. We value your interest but at this time we have halted all further interviews as we prepare the script and development of the feature on Duncan's experiences. As soon as we have a marketing and promotion plan firmed up we will be contacting the media. I'm sure you understand the necessity for keeping a tight rein on the nature and amount of information that is made available to the public at this time.

In the future, please contact me at this email address or by phone (xxx) xxx-xxxx. I have your contact info on file and will keep you informed.

Best regards,
Judy Bell
Belle Starr Productions

---------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:48 PM
To: Duncan O'Finioan
Subject: RE: looking for me?
Did you receive my emails? Still awaiting a reply. If you are not interested, please let me know and I won't bother you again.

Sent: Fri 12/22/2006 4:42 AM
To: George Knapp
Subject: looking for me?

Mr. Knapp,
I understand you are looking to speak with me?

Duncan O'Finioan
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:29 pm

I'd like to take a vote on the Duncan issue. Overall - should this be a case kept open pending presented evidence...or does Knapp's attempt to obtain evidence from Duncan (and subsequent failure) warrant a move of this thread from this area into our "Hoaxes" section?

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Famous Hoaxes