Reality Uncovered? Or "spy blog"?

Suggestions and Improvements

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Reality Uncovered? Or "spy blog"?

Postby Gary » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:08 am

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/03/r ... cruit.html

A study, written for U.S. Special Operations Command, suggested "clandestinely recruiting or hiring prominent bloggers."

Information strategists can consider clandestinely recruiting or hiring prominent bloggers or other persons of prominence... to pass the U.S. message. In this way, the U.S. can overleap the entrenched inequalities and make use of preexisting intellectual and social capital. Sometimes numbers can be effective; hiring a block of bloggers to verbally attack a specific person or promote a specific message may be worth considering. On the other hand, such operations can have a blowback effect, as witnessed by the public reaction following revelations that the U.S. military had paid journalists to publish stories in the Iraqi press under their own names. People do not like to be deceived, and the price of being exposed is lost credibility and trust.

An alternative strategy is to “make” a blog and blogger. The process of boosting the blog to a position of influence could take some time, however, and depending on the person running the blog, may impose a significant educational burden, in terms of cultural and linguistic training before the blog could be put online to any useful effect. Still, there are people in the military today who like to blog. In some cases, their talents might be redirected toward operating blogs as part of an information campaign. If a military blog offers valuable information that is not available from other sources, it could rise in rank fairly rapidly.
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:21 am

And if you think there are NOT already foreign agents of our enemies acting online to sway American public opinion, you would be very naieve indeed!

It's informatiom warfare, without a doubt. For example, another place I hang out for fun is the "Time Travel Institute" (original home of the hoaxer known as John Titor). There are constantly hoaxers showing up trying to get people to believe all sorts of terrible things about "what the US Gov is doing to its people." We have a resident conspiracy theorist wacko who goes by the name of CigSmokingMan who has fantasies of himself being similar to his namesake. To him, EVERYTHING is a gov-controlled Masonic plot. He is mostly harmless, but a nutjob nonetheless. However, there ARE foreign agents who do their best to convince people they are "time travelers from a future where the US is destroyed."

Fight fire with fire, is what I always say! :x
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Reality Uncovered? Or "spy blog"?

Postby Access Denied » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:59 am

Gary wrote:Post subject: Reality Uncovered? Or "spy blog"?

Reality Uncovered.

Glad I could help. :D

Oh, and happy April Fool's. :lol:
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:58 pm

LOL.

Gary's apparently bored again. He once again feels the overwhelming desire to pick a fight.

Or maybe he's attempting to preempt something that he sees coming down the pipeline in order to protect his scammer friends?

Over the weekend, I posted this:

http://www.realityuncovered.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1223

And now, after a quiet stretch - Gary decides it's time to attack RU.

Here's a better title for the thread:

"Starstream Research - or Cyber Scam Artists?"

http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/CyberScam.pdf

Scam Artists have been around for centuries. Time progressed and technological innovations emerged and so have a new breed of con artist; the online fraudster. Utilizing various aspects and tools of the Internet, the online fraudster has become more successful then ever in defrauding a large target audience. So successful, that the issue has been the subject of much concern in recent years. Although, much is being done on multiple levels of government and within the public and private sectors, online fraud is still continuing to thrive. As long as the fraudster is motivated by greed and able to deceive others, fraud will always be in existence.

You see....they despise RU - because we fight fraud. Especially online fraud, and most importantly scientific fraud.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Gary » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:06 pm

At least I elicited a wide range of rather 'interesting' responses! :-)
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:17 pm

Gary - aka the self-styled super-secret-agent-spook-type on a mission to discover the world's spies and "out" them.

Get over yourself already, paranoia is an illness. Ask your friend before he gets out of dodge about it. Actually, that's a bit like one of the three little pigs asking the wolf if he's dangerous. Chomp.

Just imagine if what Gary is alluding to is actually true though. It's not very patriotic of him is it? You know, "outing" agents of the USG...? Who's side are you on Gary? Aaah, just realized. You are on the side of those that pay the most.

Good job it isn't true then, isn't it?

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:37 pm

ryguy wrote: - because we fight fraud. Especially online fraud, and most importantly scientific fraud.

I'm down with that noise, dude! Online, faceless fraud perpetrated on people whose only flaw is they "wanna believe" are some of the lowest scum that have ever learned to click a mouse. I despise these types of people and that is why I will always be proud to be a "debunker".

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re:

Postby Chorlton » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:21 am

You Can Call Me Ray wrote:And if you think there are NOT already foreign agents of our enemies acting online to sway American public opinion, you would be very naieve indeed!
Ray

But Ray its happening all over the world, not just the US. The reason IMHO that American public opinion is relatively easily swayed is the sheer amount of US citizens without Passports and who have never left the country. I said on ATS I suspected it was because an awfull lot of US citizens never even leave the state!

If one's overall opinion of the world is based totally on the media then one is in for a severe hiding.
I was stunned, REALLY stunned when I visited the US for the first time. It was after a Tour and I decided to hire a car and just drive, staying in Motels and Hotels. I drove from Baltimore,West then South and what I found alarmed me. The amount of ignorance and bigotry shown to someone without an American accent was shocking, so much so that by the time I got down to New Orleans I deliberatly spoke with an American accent to avoid it. True, in some places I was welcomed with an incredible warmth, but other times it was frightening.
Russia was another place that the people were easily swayed or controlled. When I visited Minsk and Moscow in the late 70's, most Russians I met were under the illusion that they alone fought and won the Second World war, and neither the UK, US of France were involved and that idea was actually taught in schools.

People who have no, or little comprehension of the outside world will always be easily swayed by people who look, speak and act like them.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Re:

Postby torbjon » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:12 am

Chorlton wrote:I said on ATS I suspected it was because an awfull lot of US citizens never even leave the state!

Forget the State, mate, most folks never leave their freekin' Home Town!

My mothers parents: Born, raised, and died in the same small town. They had three kids. One got out (my mom) the other two? Born and raised in same small town. They will most likely die there. My cousins on that side of the family? Seven born and raised in the same small town, one moved to the 'big' town not 30 miles away, one moved to another small town about 60 miles away, the rest? Yep, same small town... Dads side of the family ain't much better...

Okay, fine, so I come from a buncha inbred hillbillies, bfd *shrugs*

Let's look at some Non Family. I spent some years of my life in a town called Chico in California. Nice place (or was then) They have a good university there which draws in people from all over the state and even a few from around the country, yes? Nice diverse cultural backgrounds, NOT a lotta inbred hillbillies.

Basically it's nice little well educated community... population is probably up to around 100K now (it was 30-40K when I lived there)

So, two weeks ago I hook up via the internet with a guy I used to stomp around with back there and then and haven't chatted with in over 20 years now... he told me a little gossip about the old gang... There was six of us, all college educated, white, male, from middle class families, truly, no hillbilly crap in this group...

Old chum and two other buddies? STILL IN CHICO! NEVER LEFT!! One guy went down the road a ways to the Bay Area, and one actually made it out of the state (is in Hawaii working on some genome project *shrugs*)

I'm the only one of our little group to actually spend time in other countries and do any Real traveling / exploring around the states.

Now then, to give credit where credit is due, alla the above mentioned bozos who never made it farther than spitting distance from where they were born Do have some things I don't and probably never will have: Money in the bank. Houses fulla gizmos and thingamajigs. Solid status as upstanding citizens within their respective communities... things you simply can't get (or are incredibly hard to get here in this country) by being footloose and fancy free. *shrugs*

Now I'm with you, I feel that Travel is the best education / experience a person can get, but it doesn't look alla that great on a resume.

Most Americans are obsessed with material wealth... it's the American Dream, ya know? And to get that wealth you gotta work for the man for at Least 20 years (more like your entire life) which means you don't get out much *shrugs* Maybe a two week holiday here and there at best... ergo most folks stay put...

Hey, can't blame them for livin' the dream, right?

My life already is a dream, so I'm a freek. I don't count.
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: Reality Uncovered? Or "spy blog"?

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:28 pm

Everyone knows RU is owned by Dick Chaney, please. The fact that you have to point this out and let us know that "your onto us" just shows you how little you know about the whole thing.

Here, I'll lay it on the level for you. There is no internet or world wide web. It is all controlled by us super elite, hoping to fool the masses into becoming even dumber than they already are, making it easier for us to rule over them.

Now that you have figured us out, the beauty of it is, you will be looked upon as a woo woo or freakin' conspiracy minded, paranoid weirdo..thanks to the stereotyping our side has managed to brand you folks with.

No need for us to "take you out" or damage your credibility in any way. Our carefully crafted reality does that for us.

I know have to attend a meeting on how to keep the damned metric system down. Bye.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Google

Return to Site Business