Posting Issues

Suggestions and Improvements

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Postby dragonfire » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:51 pm

I've been having issues also trying to get on. Mostly with "Page Not Found" type of thingy. When I finally do get on, it's REAL slooooooowww.
Irritating the world, one person at a time
dragonfire
Latrine Only

Postby Shawnna » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:00 pm

deleted
Last edited by Shawnna on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ochre » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:34 pm

Is it really down that often? I must have missed it all. As I said, my only problem has been when using Firefox, so for me it's just a browser problem. Maybe it's the same to the others, too?
cartoonsyndicalist
ochre
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:39 pm

ochre wrote:Is it really down that often? I must have missed it all. As I said, my only problem has been when using Firefox, so for me it's just a browser problem. Maybe it's the same to the others, too?

Yeah - same here. I rarely ever have a problem logging in. It seems to be possibly only certain IP ranges, or maybe the browsers that people are using. Zep mentioned when we first opened the forum that this host is one of the best, I believe it's the same one Xena uses - but I could be mistaken? We'll have to fire off an email to the host and try to get it straightened out.

The website itself gets quite a bit of traffic for the expose material, so that in combination with the many guests who browse the forum is possibly putting quite a load on bandwidth. Maybe Zep can poke around and see if there's anything we can do to expand/upgrade. Growing pains... :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:27 pm

The main problem for me has always been it being very slow. Sometimes it can take quite a few minutes when I hit the Submit button.
Many times it's so slow I just log off and come back later. It's like you are being hit very hard with tons of traffic.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Hidden Hand » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:57 pm

Shawnna wrote:Can we find another host?

Surely it is much more likely that somebody is using their well-documented psychic powers to interfere with RU's traffic.

Either that or these problems are caused by routing all the traffic through both the Illuminati's AND the Priory of Sion's (and presumably the NSA, DIA, CIA, FBI, Interpol, RCMP, etc) servers first.

Or maybe some combination of the two??
Is this a private fight, or can anyone join in?
Hidden Hand
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:08 pm

Hidden Hand wrote:
Shawnna wrote:Can we find another host?

Surely it is much more likely that somebody is using their well-documented psychic powers to interfere with RU's traffic.

Either that or these problems are caused by routing all the traffic through both the Illuminati's AND the Priory of Sion's (and presumably the NSA, DIA, CIA, FBI, Interpol, RCMP, etc) servers first.

Or maybe some combination of the two??

Hidden Hand - you know we told you that you could only be a moderator if you keep those things secret. Great. Do you realize the damage you have done? Now where did I put that shiny memory-erasing flashing-light gadget....

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Hidden Hand » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:24 pm

oh - just use your psychic powers (I heard ry was an operating thatan OT69) to erase the memories of everybody who read that.
Is this a private fight, or can anyone join in?
Hidden Hand
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Xena » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:14 am

I get the same problems with timeouts, but I've found that if I use a proxy then I can at least read the threads but I can't login or post cause it's a freebie service. So that suggests a possible routing or DNS problem... or that the host or other backbone and ISP are blocking access from or to the various net ranges. Looking at your whois records it says the host is Everyone's internet or maybe a reseller.

Everyone's intenett is one of most popular host/resellers for proxies, spammers and gawd knows whatever else. I'd guess that whole ranges of addresses owned by the host get blacklisted everyday, then released, then blacklisted soon after. Some of EV.nets server are also hosted on the planet servers which host mine via an AU reseller. Mine is just sloooow but cheap and cheerful, yours IM (most humble, unedumacated) O is bu**ered. :lol:
Xena
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Shawnna » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:29 am

deleted
Last edited by Shawnna on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ochre » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:31 am

I just this minute overcame my Firefox-won't let-me-log-in problem. Seems there was a Firefox specific (?) log-in option at the bottom of the page that allowed me in without hassle, whereas I had always tried (and failed) using the normal entry box at the top of the page.

If that makes no sense, please bear in my mind it's half-past two in the night/morning over here. Anyhow: I'm in, problem solved, all's well.
cartoonsyndicalist
ochre
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:57 am

ochre wrote:If that makes no sense, please bear in my mind it's half-past two in the night/morning over here. Anyhow: I'm in, problem solved, all's well.

Excellent! Some of the best problem-solving takes place at half-past two in the morning. ;)

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Springer » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:28 pm

We've had terrible service from the Planet on ATS. They were bought out by EV1 which gave us hope but alas it wasn't meant to be. The planet was okay when were "normal" traffic wise but ever since ATS blew up into the huge traffic hog it has become they have been a nightmare.

I would suggest a different host if you can find one. :)

Springer...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby ochre » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:22 pm

Is the traffic wearing the site down?

Recently, I've found myself logged out involuntarily - I leave the site, and when I return you no longer know me...

It's not that big a deal, but it does get somewhat annoying the fourth time I visit this place in one day.
ochre
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:21 am

It might be - last I spoke with Zep a couple days ago about it, he said our website traffic has tripled, and it has only been climbing. Next time we talk we'll be discussion our options to upgrade the forum (but maintain the same cool look and feel...) ;)

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Site Business