"Fastwalkers" Article? (was: MAJOR UPDATE IMMINENT)

Suggestions and Improvements

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Re: MAJOR UPDATE IMMINENT

Postby caleban » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:55 am

"It’s time for you to put up or shut up" == Hamlet, act 3, scene one ."To be, or not to be, that is the question"

Will you really ban me for not doing that which you personally know I have done ?
You, not me, are in an ethical paradox.

"Shut" me up is the path of least resistance. Use the shell game with your T&C
to find a violation that allows you to point the ethics problem at me.

(Atmosphere background music: "Innocent Man" = Billy Joel, lyrics are perfect.)

If you wish to disengage, now is the time. I am already in that process. I allowed
myself ten posts to obtain the ethical resolutions I need. It took only five.

I feel no need to air all the laundry in public, only where my business ethic is impacted.
In that case, I need "the ability to point to something, somewhere ...."

In response to the "I have a dream" posts of 10 April, I grabbed something from my stack of
stuff that was "in work" for submittal to another venue and donated that to the cause as
a trial balloon. By 17 April, the feedback, for want of a better description, was "too good to be true".
Since the open-ended hook was included (We will get back to you), there is a business ethic
here should I ever wish to submit with another venue. The responsibility is mine to make sure such hooks
are closed out in cases where courtesy becomes strained. Which happens when follow-on polite
feelers are ignored.

Time to quote you, AD:

"Like I always say… if I ask a question and I don't get a straight answer, I figure that's my answer."

Which is all fine and good until we get to any sort of formal agreements.

by ryguy on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:58 pm:

You don't need to write an article here

Thank you. I now intend to re- format for submittal to another venue as I informed you right up front.
I accept this as a "quit-claim" to any rights to my article/s publication you feel you might otherwise have.

Turn up the volume now:

"Some people run from a possible fight
Some people figure they can never win
And although this is a fight I can lose
The accused is an innocent man "

If Caleban would like to submit his draft to us for publication, or as part of a more comprehensive
article covering the 1984 event, that would be great.

I enjoyed the humor there, AD. You suggest that I call back ?
I can't.
I am still "on hold" from the first call.
But I am going to hang-up the phone now.
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: "Fastwalkers" Article? (was: MAJOR UPDATE IMMINENT)

Postby Access Denied » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:52 am

caleban wrote:Will you really ban me for not doing that which you personally know I have done ? You, not me, are in an ethical paradox.

Oh dear, who said anything about banning you? That was my way of saying enough with the drama already. Either post the information yourself if you want, submit it for publication if you want, or move on to bigger and better things… makes no difference to me.

The data is what’s most important here, not personalities (although I’d like to think we can all be friends despite our differences and individual beliefs) and I’ve given up trying to figure out where you’re coming from… it doesn’t appear to be about wanting to support what we’re trying to do here. It feels dark and manipulative…

As far as the other article you submitted goes, I don’t know what happened with that, I’ve never seen it. Ryan was going to forward it to me for review but I think we were switching mail servers at the time and I didn't get it and then we probably both forgot and then (or just prior) you got all up into me for banning Lear and Zorgon for posting unsubstantiated BS and you disappeared…

Go figure.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Re: MAJOR UPDATE IMMINENT

Postby ryguy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:59 pm

caleban wrote:I enjoyed the humor there, AD. You suggest that I call back ?
I can't.
I am still "on hold" from the first call.
But I am going to hang-up the phone now.

Yes, after reading it over several times I decided that the content of your article was interesting, but it required a bit of editing. I was going to offer to edit it for you for free, in exchange for publishing it, but given the workload at the time, that ended up on the back-burner indefinitely. Normally, I'd probably apologize.

You are correct in assuming that we're not interested in it, at this point.

The biggest problem I've always had with pseudo-intellectuals - they view their own work through a magnifying glass, but they ignore that the very large image being viewed requires a magnifying glass. Meanwhile, the efforts of others are viewed backwards through binoculars (such as your silly analysis of Steve's web design).

I know...you're sitting there going over the multitude of things that you've seen "ryguy" say, or do, that exemplifies the above definition of "pseudo-intellectual," and I'm willing to own up to any of that. However, I work hard to make sure that if I say I know something, or I've found an answer to a case, that I actually have evidence to back it up, which I've either published, or plan on publishing in the near future. Steve does the same, as does AD...it's part of our core of beliefs here - having evidence to support claims.

That's all I really have to say on this matter. All I asked was for you to prove that you've "been there, done that," on the FastWalker case - and you're running around in enough circles that you make even Mike Horn look like an amateur.

I really could care less where you publish the FastWalker data - all I asked for was proof that you've "been there" on the that case as you've claimed. I had no idea you had a chip on your shoulder over the Roswell Museum article - but I'm done apologizing to people for being overworked. All you had to do is fire off an email asking me for the status. But then again...if you did that you wouldn't have any ammo to deflect from the real issue here, would you?

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: "Fastwalkers" Article? (was: MAJOR UPDATE IMMINENT)

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:39 pm

You know, if I'm left on hold for a rather long time and there's no music playing or anything to give a clue as to what is going on, I usually say "Hello, hello is there anyone there?", If there's no answer I hang up and try again. Once I get through, I will tell them that I got cut off the first time so I tried again. What I don't do, is ring them back and make them guess as to the reason for my call :shock:

"Hello, ABC Services, how may I help you?"

Hello it's me again, been there done that

"Excuse me sir?"

I'm not telling you why I'm calling, sorry about that but I like to play games and make people guess what I want.

...Click!

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to Site Business