What about the T&Cs?

Suggestions and Improvements

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

What about the T&Cs?

Postby skunk » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Reality Uncovered Forum Board Rules

I'm sure the admins and most members here are familiar with the terms and conditions of this site.

Is there anything in there that warrants a ban for behavior at other sites?

I do not believe there is any mention of "baggage" either.

Would zep or another admin like to address this please?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1791&p=27930#p27930

Zep Tepi wrote:Knowing some of the history and after having followed some of the drama at Amkon, I've decided to ban Pack. As I put on the banning note, there's just way too much baggage for him to ever post here as a regular contributor.

It's one thing having an opinion on something or someone, it's another to follow them around in order to make them feel uncomfortable. Sorry, not going to happen here. It's the very reason he (Murnut) was offered a section here in the first place.

Edit to add:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1791&p=28042#p27931

ryguy wrote:Sorry I was entertaining the possibility of him being here guys. Again, I didn't follow any of the drama at Amkon or OM so I take everyone who arrives here at face value, and am willing to discuss/debate their faulty logic at face value as well. :)

ryguy didn't seem to have any problem with pack being here, and yet zep banned him?

You either take everyone who posts here at face value, or you don't.

Which is it?

Edit to add again:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1779&start=510#p28081

ryguy wrote:"It never is going to be 100% fair by the standards of any onlooker."

lol...poor Doc. It's hard to see it when you're sitting right there in the middle of it. Moderation can always be 100% fair if you apply the same rules to all sides of a debate. Obviously, you have to block/ban trolls, but usually those are few and far between.
skunk

Re: What about the T&Cs?

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Covered under rule 1.

Next.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:34 pm

But isnt it rich that Pack, on another Forum denied me the protection of the T&C's of that forum yet is now asking for that protection he denied others?
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby skunk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:09 am

Zep Tepi wrote:Covered under rule 1.

Next.

1. Personal attacks upon other posters are prohibited. While lively discussion is encouraged, all posters are expected to maintain a courteous decorum toward others, even when expressing an opposing viewpoint.

What personal attacks were made?

Chorlton wrote:But isnt it rich that Pack, on another Forum denied me the protection of the T&C's of that forum yet is now asking for that protection he denied others?

What are you talking about??? The amkon T&Cs that mention we don't care?

And I am not talking about another forum, this is RU.
skunk

Postby Chorlton » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:55 am

skunk wrote:What are you talking about??? The amkon T&Cs that mention we don't care?
And I am not talking about another forum, this is RU.

With respect to Amkon I refer specifically to Item 7 of your T&C's which clearly state:
7. Posting.
You will not knowingly post false information as the truth unless you are John Lear or Mike Singh. You won't use information obtained, or gathered from this website to harass, abuse, or harm others unless you are an Administrator.

I advised pack that, that specific item of the T&C was being broken.
Now if you are going to cop out and say you just dont care then do away with all your T&C's.
But dont let Pack start moaning about people not adhering to RU's T&C's when he deliberatly broke Hoaxmasters T&C's and allowed another forum member to break Amkons T&C's.
You simply cant have it both ways Skunk

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:13 pm

skunk wrote:
Zep Tepi wrote:Covered under rule 1.

Next.

1. Personal attacks upon other posters are prohibited. While lively discussion is encouraged, all posters are expected to maintain a courteous decorum toward others, even when expressing an opposing viewpoint.

What personal attacks were made?

His trolling and harassment of Andy at Amkon.
If i invite someone to a party my house, I'm hardly going to invite someone else who has been harassing him elsewhere, am I?
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby skunk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Chorlton wrote:With respect to Amkon I refer specifically to Item 7 of your T&C's which clearly state:
7. Posting.
You will not knowingly post false information as the truth unless you are John Lear or Mike Singh. You won't use information obtained, or gathered from this website to harass, abuse, or harm others unless you are an Administrator.

I advised pack that, that specific item of the T&C was being broken.
Now if you are going to cop out and say you just dont care then do away with all your T&C's.

Chorlton, the t&cs are a joke.

Did you read rule #14?

http://amkon.net/amkon-t-c-version-t23790.html

14. Severability.

You can take any or all of these rules apart and apply them in any order or ignore them and they shall be replaced with the "**** Off" rule.

Chorlton wrote:But dont let Pack start moaning about people not adhering to RU's T&C's when he deliberatly broke Hoaxmasters T&C's and allowed another forum member to break Amkons T&C's.
You simply cant have it both ways Skunk

This isn't hoaxmasters, and he hasn't broken the amkon T&Cs either.

I think its almost impossible to breach the amkon T&Cs because it quite clearly states we don't give a bleep.

Zep Tepi wrote:His trolling and harassment of Andy at Amkon.
If i invite someone to a party my house, I'm hardly going to invite someone else who has been harassing him elsewhere, am I?

And andy's "trolling" and "harassment" at amkon of others is fine with you?

I fail to see how behavior on another website is a banworthy offense. I've said and done some pretty 'nasty' things over the years on the net (and in real life), should I be punished for that as well?
skunk

Postby ryguy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:58 pm

skunk wrote:And andy's "trolling" and "harassment" at amkon of others is fine with you?

From the pieces that were shared with me by Steve, while he was observing how poorly Andy was being treated, Andy was being ganged up on and treated like s^~t because you guys couldn't stand the fact that he's an ace researcher and for all intents and purposes you are all nothing more than armchair quarterbacks with delusions of grandeur.

He didn't harass or troll anyone, he only defended himself when he could.

Andy needed a safe place where he could have mature conversations with intelligent people. That wasn't happening at Amkon, and we're not about to let the trolls and pricks come over to harass him here as well.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:06 pm

skunk wrote:
Chorlton, the t&cs are a joke.

Then either remove them or stop the alcoholic mod from throwing irrelevant T&C's at people. As stated, you cant have it both ways
This isn't hoaxmasters, and he hasn't broken the amkon T&Cs either.

Yes he has. If you have T&C's then they are to be obeyed, if you dont want them to be obeyed then remove them.[/quote]
I think its almost impossible to breach the amkon T&Cs because it quite clearly states we don't give a bleep.

Oh pack does as is has constantly moaned about over the last 3 months.

And andy's "trolling" and "harassment" at amkon of others is fine with you?

His trolling is no more or less bad than Packs or HP's
I fail to see how behavior on another website is a banworthy offense. I've said and done some pretty 'nasty' things over the years on the net (and in real life), should I be punished for that as well?

His behaviour as a mod has been despicable, threatening people, posting his 'I'M Evil' post (which he quickly removed but I saw it).
His behaviour on HM was also despicable, breaking the T&C's, Posting peoples personal details, attempting to re-register using anonymous IP's and other user names and threatening posters.
As a poster here I wouldnt have trusted him.
Anyway he states on Amkon that he 'doesnt care', which, like a 5 year old child he says about everything. If he doesnt care, why was he moaning about it? If he didnt care about being banned from HM why was he moaning about it. The man is a liability to Amkon as, bit by bit people are realising what a nasty piece of work he is..

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Site Business