Suggestions and Improvements

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Abovetopsecret ads on RU?

Postby skunk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:20 pm

I found this to be kind of odd.

skunk

Re: Abovetopsecret ads on RU?

Postby ryguy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Unfortunately you can't really control what Google ads come through - Google aligns advertisers who purchase certain keywords to the websites that focus on those topics - so it kind of makes sense. Although I think we can possibly block certain advertisers/competitors. Not sure if it's important to do so unless a majority of our members really despise ATS so much that they can't stand to see the ads...lol.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:56 pm

skunk wrote:I found this to be kind of odd.

Are you trolling Skunk? as a forum owner you know the site has no control over what Google Ads will put up.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby skunk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Chorlton wrote:Are you trolling Skunk? as a forum owner you know the site has no control over what Google Ads will put up.

No my intention was not to troll. I am not familiar with 'google ads' or any other advertisement company as I have never run a website that used them (amkon is run purely off member donations, and out of my pocket).

I found it rather humorous that this website had an ad for abovetopsecret, considering the less than amicable relationship between the two websites (I am no fan either).
skunk

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:36 pm

skunk wrote:
Chorlton wrote:Are you trolling Skunk? as a forum owner you know the site has no control over what Google Ads will put up.

No my intention was not to troll. I am not familiar with 'google ads' or any other advertisement company as I have never run a website that used them (amkon is run purely off member donations, and out of my pocket).

I found it rather humorous that this website had an ad for abovetopsecret, considering the less than amicable relationship between the two websites (I am no fan either).

I apologise.

When one signs up for Google Adsense one will get ads related to the subject matter of the website

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:50 pm

skunk wrote:I found it rather humorous that this website had an ad for abovetopsecret, considering the less than amicable relationship between the two websites (I am no fan either).

Actually Steve & Myself are on very good terms with Mark (Springer). SO is still a bit miffed that we allowed certain things to be posted here in such a negative light about ATS, but there's not much we can do about that at this point short of removing the entire ATS section, which wouldn't exactly reflect openness.

But - no, you're quite wrong. The admins of this forum do not have a "less than amicable relationship" with ATS, it's just that a large number of disgruntled ATS members came here to vent quite a bit at one point.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:52 pm

ryguy wrote:
skunk wrote:I found it rather humorous that this website had an ad for abovetopsecret, considering the less than amicable relationship between the two websites (I am no fan either).

Actually Steve & Myself are on very good terms with Mark (Springer). SO is still a bit miffed that we allowed certain things to be posted here in such a negative light about ATS, but there's not much we can do about that at this point short of removing the entire ATS section, which wouldn't exactly reflect openness.

But - no, you're quite wrong. The admins of this forum do not have a "less than amicable relationship" with ATS, it's just that a large number of disgruntled ATS members came here to vent quite a bit at one point.

-Ryan

HAHAHAHAHA Springer is still mad at me when I got the better of him, supported by everyone on the thread then I posted a row of wriggling smilies with bare bums. I dont think he ever forgave me.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Site Business