REALITY
UNCOVERED
The Truth Is In Here

?
Hidden Hand
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby GalacticG » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:43 am

Nice idea, but "The Truth is in Here" is a bit self-aggrandizing, don't you think? It's a claim to which a great many already lay claim.

What do you think of "The Truth Must Be Found" ? Doesn't that capture the spirit of dedication, dilligence, and intellectual honesty ?
Kool-Aid? No thanks. But I'll take a Guinness.
GalacticG
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Hidden Hand » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:58 am

Nope. Better idea.

REALITY UNCOVERED
"Don't Crap in Your Pants"
Hidden Hand
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Xena » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:12 pm

Full body arnour in place :twisted:

I think that the page itself is obsolete or under utilised. If the majority of traffic comes via that page then you will lose a large percentage because they can't be bothered to click on the link and there isn't really much in the way of information or incentive to click onwards. I feel that your index page should be a synopsis of all the topics to be found within site and should be presented in a way to lead the explorer onwards to ultimately .....click that button:)

I looked at the keywords:
<meta name="keywords" content="Project Serpo, Serpo, Reality, Ghosts, Mediums, Paranormal, 911, Soul, Spirit, Holographic Universe, Creation, Truth, Richard Doty, Doty, Collins, Bob Collins, Majestic 12">

All keywords will be ignored except for the word reality as that is the only word in the page that matches the keywords. Some spiders will also penalise you for using keywords that don't accurately represent your page.

Description:
<meta name="description" content="A discussion on the nature of reality and UFOlogy related phenomena - including Project Serpo">

Serpo needs to be in the first couple of words rather than at the end of the sentence

Before I forget your expose pages need more descriptive with topical titles, as reality uncovered or whatever the title is, isn't going to tell spiders anyhting. Also if you could name your html docs something like serpo_expose1, 2 etc in future (don't change existing ones)and relevant directory names are useful too. Yes I hear that all the bigwigs'll link to you one day but it all helps:)
Xena
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Xena » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:54 pm

Got another nag:)

Too many of the links on the main site open in a new window... "I don't like it..." said Pauline hanson lol. I'm a fan of tabbed browsing but I seem to have 5 windows open tonight.
Xena
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Shawnna » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:49 pm

deleted
Last edited by Shawnna on Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:59 pm

Shawnna wrote:Well said, Xena!

I know Zep's been working hard trying to get things up to snuff. I don't know much about spiders (other than I'd prefer they live out of doors) but there are some things that are frustrating about the website.

For example, I don't like the light grey font used on the expose pages - too hard to see and read.

Zep is working hard to incorporate all of our suggestions. He's moving so won't be available to respond as quickly as he would like. I'm sure he will appreciate all of the input.

I have a huge cat who takes care of my spiders (except the one in my crawlspace- the size of a chicken.)

On the other hand, I agree with Shawnna concerning the grey font. It's making me blind.
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Xena » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:59 pm

Hi Shawnna:)

Just making comments now before I forget, as I know how useful they can be in the long term. I'm mostly used to silence when I ask for feedback ,so I just do what i feel like and sod everyone else, but then I'm not really looking to hit the bigtime unless it lands in my lap, (sorry Wyz, lol). This is not a chit chat thread but have you noted the "fact" that we have a "deity" at Eagles? LMAO, it looks like more of the "same old same old" as I detect a Nesara cult follower undertone, but I'm curious as ever and he mentioned that he'd explain all about the nine, well that's good enough for my attention span...for a while at least, not holding my breath tho:)

BTW, I'm nice to spiders, they're too big down here to get all worked up about, LOL, but the size of a chicken, now that's scary.
Xena
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Shawnna » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:15 pm

deleted
Last edited by Shawnna on Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:33 pm

Shawnna wrote:For example, I don't like the light grey font used on the expose pages - too hard to see and read.

That one I can touch up a bit - just hope Zep doesn't mind me "tweaking" his handiwork. :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:38 pm

A good idea in my opinion would be to change the color of a link when you put it in a post. The color it is now makes it very hard to tell it's a link.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:51 pm

Thanks for the ideas everyone -

We may put together a good list of all suggestions and work on really "souping up" this website & forum to make it work and look in a way that people would enjoy.

The website portion will likely grow to a significant size, so we're open for any suggestions concerning layout and future growth. We'll chip away at all suggestions in between calling up the UNM registrar's office and submitting public records searches. LOL

Thanks again - lots of fantastic feedback and suggestions.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:56 pm

ryguy wrote:Thanks for the ideas everyone -

We may put together a good list of all suggestions and work on really "souping up" this website & forum to make it work and look in a way that people would enjoy.

The website portion will likely grow to a significant size, so we're open for any suggestions concerning layout and future growth. We'll chip away at all suggestions in between calling up the UNM registrar's office and submitting public records searches. LOL

Thanks again - lots of fantastic feedback and suggestions.

-Ry

grey font....
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby ochre » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:54 pm

Please don't change the forum appearance, though. It reminds me of Alpha Centauri (the "Sid Meier" game), and I find it strangely beautiful. But I second the changing of the almost-white link colour and the gray font.
ochre
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Google

Return to Site Business