Private Forum

Suggestions and Improvements

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Private Forum

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

Given recent events and after much discussion, we're considering moving Realityuncovered into the private domain. Existing membership list would be reviewed, and then the membership would be emailed with notification that they are now members of a private forum and their posts here will not be able to be viewed by the general public. This will allow a more relaxed setting, will allow people to post without outside spying eyes, and will allow us to release much more of our sensitive data, information, and analysis to only members - for review, critique, and analysis. This will also allow trusted membership to help drive the direction, focus (and methods) of our investigations. Outside eyes with only negative intentions will no longer have access to the discussions.

We will also hopefully be releasing some eye-opening interviews shortly, which the interviewee would likely prefer not be placed in the public domain, however is not against private review and discussion. Any information meant for public consumption will be through the website via articles, much like Starstream Research.

This move will reduce the tendancy for "forum wars", and will provide a safe place for allies of the truth to post their feelings, personal research, and findings, without fear of ridicule or attack. Access to the private area will be much more carefully monitored and managed to filter out sockpuppets, hoaxers, or anyone with possible ill intentions. As always, membership will be free.

That's the proposal - let us know what you think. Existing members - no visible change would be noticed.

Thank you,
-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:54 pm

I have no idea what this means, however, 'any club that would have me as a member, I wouldn't want join' comes to mind.

cs
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:41 pm

All it means is that only members will be able to read our posts in here. Non-member "guests" won't be able to view our posts without registering and becoming a member.

The reason for doing this is to allow us the freedom of posting information for members that we normally wouldn't post because we don't want to publish to the general public. There are a number of reasons for this, of which we will share more details once we go private.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Drewsillac » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:28 pm

It's not a bad idea....

It helps keep a smaller, tighter, less confused community...

Easier to administrate for you guys also.....
"So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space. ...."
Drewsillac

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:59 pm

Drewsillac wrote:It's not a bad idea....

It helps keep a smaller, tighter, less confused community...

Easier to administrate for you guys also.....

What Drew said.

OK
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Serpentime » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:52 am

This would be fine with me, just so long as "respectful dissent" is not filtered out in an "invitation-only" environment.

~ Speaking of "invitation-only", that reminds me of the Council on Foreign Relations... LOL

Given a more "secure" environment, perhaps the membership could nominate some "cultured" candidates for invitation, perhaps?

Such "personalities" might be more willing to contribute to a quality discussion if all in the audience are "vetted" for the same commitment (?).

Just a thought,

Serpentime
"Life's fantasy... To be locked away, and still to think you're free."

-- Ronnie Dio
Serpentime
Valued Contributor

Postby I.P.Freely » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:12 am

Sounds like a good idea if your talking about filtering out people who are rude and disrupted. And I can see how it would get old being quoted outside this board. I can only hope also that different or even opposite opinion would not be an reason for exclusion as we learn the most from our opponents. Or so I believe.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby vfrhawk » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:18 pm

Sorry, but I´ll have to be a dissenting voice here. I agree with the idea of a private area, but personally I disagree with making the whole board private. There is SO much information here that REALLY needs to be publicly available that I think making all of it secure would spoil the point of the boards existence. Yes have an area that only members can access, but to lock the whole board away, frankly smells to me like something OM would do!

< Insert Private Worship Area Here >

Sorry just my 12 lagers worth.

G.
vfrhawk
Site Jester

Postby ryguy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:41 pm

Wow...excellent points from everyone. It looks like probably the best option is to make a "membership only" area where, as Serpentime suggests, we can not only discuss sensitive issues that shouldn't be in the public domain, but encourage some to take part there who wouldn't normally post in a completely public area. Fantastic idea.

A few of you also caught on to the reasoning behind this as well - we are constantly being quoted and attacked outside of here at other forums, and there are a lot of points that need to be set straight regarding the latest events - but too much of those points, though true, would spark a forum war with several forums who are currently trying to paint a picture that is horribly inaccurate and lacking all relevant data. Zep has a very long post prepared that sets the record straight, but I've encouraged him not to post it for that very reason - it would spark public board wars.

I also agree much of the information already in this forum is important enough to remain in the public domain. So it might be best to create both worlds, keep the current areas public, and create a brand new area that is membership only - where full discussion can take place without the text being quoted and attacked anywhere else.

IPF - don't worry, dissenting opinions will be welcome, as always. However individuals who've proven themselves complicit in furthering lies and in "kahoots" with criminals will certainly not be welcome. And while you might disagree - we're also going to try to keep out the "crazies". I know that could be a little controversial - but we don't need another ysensa mucking up otherwise sane discussions.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby I.P.Freely » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:57 pm

ryguy wrote:
IPF - don't worry, dissenting opinions will be welcome, as always. However individuals who've proven themselves complicit in furthering lies and in "kahoots" with criminals will certainly not be welcome. And while you might disagree - we're also going to try to keep out the "crazies". I know that could be a little controversial - but we don't need another ysensa mucking up otherwise sane discussions.

-Ry

I,m not sure how to take this. Is this all directed towards me? Or just the first sentence which what I am guessing.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Springer » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:16 am

For what it's worth, when you set up a "Private Forum" be sure you block ALL search bots/spiders and meta tags so the prying eyes crowd won't be able to see it either.

The deal is if they can get a search return on it they can get into the forum with several thousand different hacks that you won't catch until the next time you review your logs. By "hiding" the forum from the search engines they can't find it and therefor don't know it exists. :)

Springer...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby ryguy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:30 am

I.P.Freely wrote:I,m not sure how to take this. Is this all directed towards me? Or just the first sentence which what I am guessing.

lol...yeah just the first sentence was directed specifically to answer your question. Sorry - forgot to make a new paragraph. lol

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:31 am

Springer wrote:For what it's worth, when you set up a "Private Forum" be sure you block ALL search bots/spiders and meta tags so the prying eyes crowd won't be able to see it either.

Excellent - Steve might have known that, but I didn't realize that could be done. We'll make sure to block the bots/spiders as well - thanks for the advice!

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:32 pm

why- one asks- are the threads having to do with Bush now closed?? Fear of retribution? Fear of Bush? Pad and Ray, the neo-con connection here, have contributed to this information 'outage.'
CIA? DNI? AFOSI? Or just plain Dumbya crap?

Who can say?
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:06 pm

March 15, 2007 — In 2003, a large suitcase containing the remains of 26 butchered monkeys was confiscated at Logan Airport in Boston on its way from Ghana.

yum! no rules. let's eat! Pad? Hungry?
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Next

Google

Return to Site Business