Uri Geller IS a Charlatan!!

This forum is for the discussion of psychokinesis and extrasensory perception.

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Uri Geller IS a Charlatan!!

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:26 am

So says a Physics Professor at MIT. If that guy isn't qualified to make such a statement, no one is.

Frank Wilczek is the Herman Feshbach Professor of Physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge.

http://ptonline.aip.org/journals/doc/PHTOAD-ft/vol_61/iss_1/8_1.shtml

Greater and lesser wizards

Other wizards are more famous.

The Wizard of Oz practiced deliberate mystification. He is the fictional prototype of a long line of tricksters, going back to the temple priests of ancient Egypt and earlier, and through to Uri Geller and a host of lesser charlatans today. Their elaborate houses of cards collapse under the pressure of curiosity, so they ward off curiosity.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:12 am

Hmmmm....

Wonder what Sarfatti would say to this? I am a it dismayed that Sarfatti seems to take Geller seriously. I certainly don't. Of course, Jack claims to have had events and "incidents" with Geller that I am not privvy to, so who am I to judge Jack's position on him.

But as far as I am concerned, I think he is total bunk and James Randi proved it more than once.

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby yfxxx » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:38 pm

You Can Call Me Ray wrote:But as far as I am concerned, I think he is total bunk and James Randi proved it more than once.

Indeed. And as a professional conjurer and mgician, Randi is much more qualified than any physicist to expose tricksters like Geller.
yfxxx

Postby ryguy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:37 pm

We spoke with Randi on the phone a couple of months ago on a different matter entirely - and the conversation briefly gravitated to Geller. Randi told a story about one video that was distributed, but which Uri had succeeded in getting removed from you-tube (but not before Randi got a copy), that clearly shows, during a lab "test", Geller utilizing a magician's magnetic thumb-tip. He gave several other examples and had us in stitches...

He said everything Geller does can be easily replicated by any magician. The difference of course is that magicians admit that they are practicing illusionists - not people with real "mind powers".

I asked why Uri doesn't just prove Randi wrong and collect the huge pot of prize money Randi's Foundation offers?

Randi's answer: "Very good point."

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to PSI / Mind Control