Collaborative thread for future articles.

This forum is for the discussion of psychokinesis and extrasensory perception.

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Collaborative thread for future articles.

Postby MikeJamieson » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:05 am

After just reading portions of Kress' s 1977 paper for the CIA ("Parapsychology
in Intelligence") concerning the May 1973 viewing of a facility in West Virginia, and seeing all the fascinating details therein that simply make the accomplishment by Swann and Price completely astonishing in verifying this RV capacity, I figure
that those with an exposure to the documentation out there could help in fleshing
out the next article in the series. Which will cover from Jan. 1973 to the point in 1975 when the CIA drops out of the study and it moves on with other clients
(i.e. Graff and Wright Patterson).

There are folks participating here with a wealth of knowledge concerning the history. And, even the practice of RV!

So, the first part of the draft already written will be posted here. And, the other portions of the draft (for #3) as I finish them. Then, people can offer their input and suggestions and corrections.
Last edited by MikeJamieson on Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Rough draft, first portion of article #3.

Postby MikeJamieson » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:25 am

The focus for the first few months of SRI's initial 8 month long study
for the CIA was on PK effects, but with minimal success (and a lack of
consistency) in the results, SRI experimentation refocused on the potentials
of RV for use by their current client. It was not clear at first how remote viewing,
in the way they had been experimenting with it, would be of use to any
intelligence agencies. The most typical way they had been practicing it
was to send "outbounder" teams to a site which the viewer would then
focus on (via the presence of the team). The group at SRI was mulling
this over with only a short time left on the initial CIA contract (May '73 to Aug. '73,
with the contract having begun in January). A visitor to SRI, Jacques Vallee,
suggested a simple solution: "All you really need is an address."

Swann in turn suggested the use of geographic coordinates, something
Puthoff and Targ thought didn't make sense due to the fact that coordinates
were artificial and abstract representations. But, preliminary experiements
were satisfactory enough and the CIA itself offered coordinates to a wooded
area in the hills of West Virginia. So far as the CIA person offering the
coordinates knew, there was only a vacation cabin at the site.

Ingo Swann and another man named Pat Price were tasked with
remote viewing this location. (Price had recently heard about the
project and, feeling he had a psychic aptitude, volunteered for experiments.)
Both Swann and Price described a partially underground military like
facility not far from the cabin! (Confirmed in followup visits and consultations.)
Not only were the descriptions of the site (again, unknown even to the
provider of the coordinates) accurate, but the CIA's project manager
for the SRI contract, Dr. Ken Kress, noted: "Pat Price, who had no
military or intelligence background, provided a list of project titles
associated with current and past activities including one of extreme
sensitivity. Also, the code-name of the site was provided. Other information
concerning the physical layout of the site was accurate."
[pages 72-73, Ken Kress, "Parapsychology in Intelligence: A Personal
Review and Conclusions", STUDIES IN INTELLIGENCE, Washington, DC,
CIA, Winter 1977.]

Other double-blind coordinates were tasked for the remote viewers
before the CIA contract ended in August 1973 and since the results
were good overall, CIA support for this research at SRI continued
until 1975.

Ingo Swann would take a year long break from this study, but in addition
to Pat Price, others would become involved: Hella Hammid (professional
photographer), Duane Elgin (SRI employee), Gary Langford and Keith
Harary..............................
[to be continued]
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Relevant passage from the Kress paper.

Postby MikeJamieson » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:40 am

During the summer of 1973, SRI continued working informally with an OSI
officer on a remote viewing experiment which eventually stimulated more CIA-
sponsored investigations of parapsychology. The target was a vacation property in the
eastern United States. The experiment began with the passing of nothing more than
the geographic coordinates of the vacation property to the SRI physicists who, in turn,
passed them to the two subject, one of whom was Pat Price. No maps were permitted,
and the subjects were asked to give an immediate response of what they remotely
viewed at these coordinates. The subject came back with descriptions which were
apparent misses. They both talked about a military-like facility. Nevertheless, a
C/TSD; Memorandum for Assistant Deputy Director for Operations; Subject: Request for Approval
of Contract; 20 April 1973 (SECRET).
W. E. CÔ1b ODO; MmohduM for:Director Central lntelligenc Sisbjet: Reque for — Approval of Contract; 4 May 1973 (SECRET).
il-irri 9
Approved For Release 2003/04/18 : CIA-Rpp

UOU2OOO3OO4O.o

I Parapsychology
striking correlation of the two independent descriptions was noted. The correlation ause4,.he OSI officer to drive to the site and investigate in more detail.
To the surprise of the OSI officer, he soon discovered a sensitive government installation a few miles from the vacation property. This discovery led to a request to have Price provide information concerning the interior workings of this particular site. All the data produced by the two subjects were reviewed in CIA and the Agency concerned.
The evaluation was, as usual. mixed, Pat Price, who had no military or intelligence, background, provided a list of project titles associated with current and past activities including one of extreme sensitivity. Also, the codename of the site was provided. Other information concerning the physical layout of the site was accurate, Some information, such as the names of the people at the site, proved incorrect.
These experiments took several months to be analyzed and reviewed within the Agency. Now Mr. Colby was DCI, and the new directors of OTS and ORD were favorably impressed by the data. In the fall of 1973, a Statement of Work was outlined, and SRI was asked to propose another program, A jointly funded ORD and OTS program was begun in February, 1974,s The author again was the Project Officer. The project proceeded on the premise that the phenomena existed; the objective was to develop and utilize them,
The ORD funds were devoted to basic studies such as the identification of measurable physiological or psychological characteristics of psychic individuals, and the establishment of experimental protocols for validating paranormal abilities. The OTS funds were to evaluate the operational utility of psychic subjects without regard to the detailed understanding of paranormal functioning. If the paranormal functioning was sufficiently reproducible. we were confident applications would be found.
Before many months had passed, difficulties developed in the project. Our tasking in the basic research area proved to be more “extensive than time and funds would allow. The contractors wanted to compromise by doing all of the tasks with less completeness. The ORD scientists insisted that with such a controversial topic, fewer but more rigorous results would be of more value. The rigor of the research became a serious issue between the ORD project officers and SRI. with myself generally taking a position between the righteousness of the contractor and indignation of the researchers. Several meetings occurred over that issue.
As an example of the kinds of disputes which developed over the basic research, consider the evaluation of the significance of data from the “ESP teaching machine” experiments. This machine was a four-state electronic random number generator used to test for paranormal abilities. SRI claimed the machine randomly cycled through four states, and the subject indicates the current machine state by pressing a button. The state of the machine and the subject’s choice were recorded for later analysis. A subject “guessing” should, on the average, be correct 25 percent of the time. SRI had a subject who averaged a statistically very significant 29 percent for more than 2,500 trials.
I requested a review of the experiment and analysis, and two ORD officers
quickly and skeptically responded. They first argued that the ESP machine was
K. Green; LSD/OSI; Memorandum for the Record Subject Verification of Remote Viewing Experiments at Stanford Research Institute; 9 November 1973.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dazdude » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:24 pm

I personally see the only reason the CIA then left Rv research in 1975 was becasue the 'superstars' Swann, price and Hammid - only one of these agreed to work for the CIA (Price) he then dies. Which left them with no where really to go.

LOL if he really died - it does seem coincidental that they manage to recruit one of the 'superstars' of the psychic world - who then dies :) 2 months after going operational for the CIA.

see below:

daz

ANDUM FOR THE RECORD
SubJect: Interview with 'Ir, Patrick 11, Price on 26 Apiril 1975"
Administrative
For the record,, the follr*rLng advInistrative pointn were
covered with Pat on 26 @pril lq75 during our meeting at the
Key Bridge Marriott Motel:

Our relationship is now an operotional We are no
longer conducting R & D. He wns very pleased with thin and
eager to go to work.

He was asked what conditions help him to work at
best? 'Does it help to see the person or a photograph? Can
he really get there best by grid coordinates, etc.? He
feels we must provide more information so that he can make a
positive identification of a ofte. Grid coordinates are ok
to establish the general area of interest but then he must
be told what specific point to zero in on. Photograph#,, are
very good, particularly when a person or a building is in-
volved. More data is needed to help pinpoint a location in
relation to a known landmark simh ne a city or a topographic
feature. If the point is within a city then provide a locator
point such as'& building description.
Pat was told that security will be a problem that he must
face. I will not always be able to tell him everything
because often I will not have all the details. The principles
of "compartmentation" and "need to know" will be SOP. Also
there is a potential for embarrassment if our association is
played up in the press. He agreed to keep me posted on other
groups he may work with and even his contacts with the press.
CONFIDENTIAL

Also:
http://www.mindspring.com/~txporter/deathpp.htm
dazdude
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:49 pm

Besides being in serious trouble in 1975, following Congressional hearings then, the CIA was experiencing internal disagreement over the legitimacy of RV also.
Here's an excerpt from Chapter 7 of Paul Smith's history (which seems to confirm your point about the central role of Price that year, so far as reliance on him in particular):

To be fair there were other reasons. [for the termination of CIA contract. the
CIA was dropping all sorts of "questionable" projects in the face of Congressional investigations then.] Almost since the beginning of the CIA's involvement in
the SRI project, there was internal discord over whether remote viewing had
a place as an intelligence tool, or even if it was a real phenomenon. Seemingly amazing performances as Price's remote viewing of Semipalatinsk were looked upon with skepticism. Supporters held them up as examples of the potential
remote viewing MIGHT have when fully developed as a skill. Naysayers pointed to the bad data that usually came along with the good and asked how one
could possibly know whether a viewer was correct when answering crucial
intelligence questions. Even though a few in-house CIA employees had
shown some success with remote viewing, and Price himself was now working exclusively for the agency and coming up with results corroborated
by other intelligence information the CIA already had or soon obtained, this ongoing debate contributed to the termination of CIA involvement AFTER PRICE'S SUDDEN DEATH IN JULY 1975 [my emphasis added, to tie in with your point]
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:57 pm

dazdude wrote:LOL if he really died - it does seem coincidental that they manage to recruit one of the 'superstars' of the psychic world - who then dies :) 2 months after going operational for the CIA.

Actually...it's important to keep his death within the context of what was significantly going on at the time.

Caryn gave a fairly good summary of what the official documents tell about CIA-Price activities around the time of his death here:

http://www.starstreamresearch.com/trickster_tales_4.htm

The OTS psychologist chose to complete an unfinished DDO requirement from 1974, wherein several OTS engineers had volunteered to attempt remote viewing and had passed the initial remote viewing tests at SRI with some considerable successes. Kress, wanting to test the engineers further suggested the obtaining of information about a Libyan site described only by its geographic coordinates. The OTS engineers described a new construction, possibly an SA-5 missile training site. The Libyan Desk officer revealed to Kress that an agent had reported essentially the same story. A second set of Libyan geographic coordinates was passed to Price by the OTS psychologist. Price provided a report describing a guerrilla training site and a detailed sketch of the complex. Price also described an underwater sabotage training facility several hundred kilometers away, along the coast. The information was passed to the Libyan Desk, some of the data were evaluated immediately, some after ordering special reconnaissance coverage of the area which verified the information produced by Price.

Kress writes:

“The underwater sabotage training facility description was similar to a collateral agent’s report. The Libyan Desk officer quickly escalated the requirement to what was going on inside those buildings, the plans and intentions, etc. The second requirements list was passed to Pat Price. Price died of a heart attack a few days later, and the program stopped.”[1f]

It was reported that before he died, he said he had met with someone in D.C. for dinner before heading out to CA where he died. If true, I'd love to know who it was that he met with.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby MikeJamieson » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:13 pm

Was that the dinner date where he felt something was put in his drink?
(I hope my memory of reading that is accurate.) I think I saw somewhere that
he told the couple in Las Vegas (who he was with when he died) something like that.

t was reported that before he died, he said he had met with someone in D.C. for dinner before heading out to CA where he died. If true, I'd love to know who it was that he met with.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dazdude » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:52 pm

Actually...it's important to keep his death within the context of what was significantly going on at the time.

that is what was going on - the CIA was trying to poach the SRI 'superstars' and did with pat price.

:D
I find the whole pat price thing very interesting. The docs show that the CIA asked all three 'superstars' to work for them. Only Pat said yes - hes put to work - he dies and the CIA stops RV work.

add to that the rumour that someone thinks they may have seen him after his death - puthoff i think? (im very hazy on this detail)

mmmm :twisted:

daz
dazdude
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Pages 15-28 of document below relates to some experiments at SRI
during the time period that will be covered in article 3:

http://www.theblackvault.com/documents/ ... argate.pdf

Looks like Pat Price's rendition of what he saw at the Russian facility
(near Semipalatinsk) and other drawings of technical objects (during a series
of RV tasking that focused on equipment).
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gary » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:46 am

MikeJamieson wrote:Was that the dinner date where he felt something was put in his drink?
(I hope my memory of reading that is accurate.) I think I saw somewhere that
he told the couple in Las Vegas (who he was with when he died) something like that.

t was reported that before he died, he said he had met with someone in D.C. for dinner before heading out to CA where he died. If true, I'd love to know who it was that he met with.

On a similar note, are you aware that Ed May's (STAR GATE SAIC researcher) ex-Soviet Russian partner was killed when she 'walked' in front of a train?

To: Pdl (E-mail)
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 12:30 AM
Subject: sad news

My dear colleagues,

I have terrible news to report to you all. My long
time friend, colleague, and co-researcher, Larissa
Vilenskaya (a.k.a. Laura Faith) was struck and killed
this morning at 08:00 by a train not more than 50 feet
from our joint office. This tragic accident happened
because one train had entered the Menlo Park station
and Larissa, not knowing another North bound train
was on the other track, attempted to cross.

It is not my personal grief that encourages me to say
that I feel she was a National treasure with regard to
her special knowledge of Russian Shamanism, but rather
a deep and abiding respect for this woman of warm heart
and stellar character. Add to that her technical
abilities and special skill as an information sleuth to
see that we were especially blessed to have her as part
of our LFR research team.

I will miss her and the void she has left will be
difficult to fill. Please join me in wishing her
safe travels for whatever comes next.

Ed

Larissa was an associate member of the Parapsychological Association and member/honorary member of several other parapsychological institutions, societies, and editorial boards. In 1987 she was awarded the second prize of the Swiss Foundation of Parapsychology for her contributions to the field. In 1992-1994 Larissa worked as a research associate at The Cognitive Sciences Laboratory of the Science Applications International Corporation. During that time, she undertook numerous trips to the former Soviet Union to establish contact with psi researchers and to learn their approaches, experimental methodologies, and research results. From 1994 to the time of her passing, she was a research associate at the Laboratories for Fundamental Research.

See

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... 2441/print
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:56 am

On a semi-unrelated note (to the story of Ed May's friend), did you all know that Jack Sarfatti almost got nailed by a runaway car in downtown SF the other day?
(Some material got stuck in the axle, or something; fortunately the guy regained control of the car and missed Jack in the end.) Sarfatti apparently had been having vague impressions of something like this happening.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gary » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:38 pm

MikeJamieson wrote:On a semi-unrelated note (to the story of Ed May's friend), did you all know that Jack Sarfatti almost got nailed by a runaway car in downtown SF the other day?
(Some material got stuck in the axle, or something; fortunately the guy regained control of the car and missed Jack in the end.) Sarfatti apparently had been having vague impressions of something like this happening.

A more famous and unfortunate example of this kind of premonition happened to physicist Heinz Pagels:

"Pagels died in 1988 in a mountain climbing accident — one disturbingly similar to the imagined fatal fall he described at the end of The Cosmic Code."

Pagels was with MIT's Seth Lloyd at the time. Lloyd recently began bridging quantum information theory to quantum gravity and cosmology. Lloyd tells the story of the Pagels tragedy in his book:

http://www.randomhouse.com/kvpa/lloyd/
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gary » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:42 pm

dazdude wrote:

that is what was going on - the CIA was trying to poach the SRI 'superstars' and did with pat price.

:D
I find the whole pat price thing very interesting. The docs show that the CIA asked all three 'superstars' to work for them. Only Pat said yes - hes put to work - he dies and the CIA stops RV work.

add to that the rumour that someone thinks they may have seen him after his death - puthoff i think? (im very hazy on this detail)

mmmm :twisted:

daz

You might want to look into the Sidney Gottlieb CIA/TSD (MKULTRA) funding of SRI -- as I recall many incriminating documents from that time frame were destroyed:

Project MK-ULTRA was first brought to wide public attention in 1975 by the U.S. Congress, in the form of the Church Committee, and by a presidential commission known as the Rockefeller Commission. Investigative efforts were hampered by the fact that CIA Director Richard Helms ordered all MKULTRA files destroyed in 1973.[5]

Although the CIA insists that MKULTRA-type experiments have been abandoned, 14-year CIA veteran Victor Marchetti has stated in various interviews that the CIA routinely conducts disinformation campaigns and that CIA mind control research continued. In a 1977 interview, Marchetti specifically called the CIA claim that MKULTRA was abandoned a 'cover story.'.[6][7]
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dazdude » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:51 am

Code: Select all
Looks like Pat Price's rendition of what he saw at the Russian facility
(near Semipalatinsk) and other drawings of technical objects (during a series
of RV tasking that focused on equipment).

Mike there are docs in the archive that critique pats rv attempt of this facility and the results of this critique werent good about the accuracy of pats rv other than the crans drawing itself.

on another note - i think i do have the actual ingo pat price rv sessions of that giovernmenat facility that kick starteed all this.

daz
dazdude
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:06 am

Thanks, dazdude. You've put a lot of work on that work (going through and posting material released from the USG).

I'm going to try and focus on documents (for right now) that address the period leading right up to the end of the CIA contract (and just before Dale Graff enters the picture). I think Jan. 1973 to July 1975 will be covered in part three.
(BTW, I will continue posting rough drafts as I go along. For that article.
I need feedback and corrections.)
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Next

Google

Return to PSI / Mind Control