Considering Theoretical Foundations to Remote Viewing

This forum is for the discussion of psychokinesis and extrasensory perception.

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Considering Theoretical Foundations to Remote Viewing

Postby MikeJamieson » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:12 pm

This thread is to address various theories, etc. that attempt to explain
how Remote Viewing works.

For myself, I suspect it's a natural thing. Not "paranormal". And, based
on the fact on interdependence and non-seperation.

Beyond that, I have no further thoughts on the "how".
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:18 pm

MikeJamieson wrote:This thread is to address various theories, etc. that attempt to explain

on the fact on interdependence and non-seperation.

I suspect it is a harnessing, or focusing, of certain "energies" that already exist within the fabric of our space-time. These are energies that are connected to our minds - just as they are connected to everything else that makes up our universe and the many other dimensions inside/outside of it.

However I believe these are energies that are outside of us, exist apart from us, and have the ability to manipulate and/or effect us, and our lives. They can provide "peeks" into and through other dimensions of space and time to other versions of the future - some real and some fabricated. They can also manipulate our space time occasionally so that people "see" what they want us to see, and even sometimes touch and feel things that exist at that moment, but otherwise don't exist in our reality or dimension.

I also believe that these energies are "tricksters", with evil intent, seeking to manipulate the human race into adopting "them" as a belief system - one that elevates the human race to accepting, and desiring, an individual status as mini-"gods".

A centuries-old attempt to remove the higher energy - the energy that created all universes and dimensions - from our consciousness, and to remove our desire to obtain a connection to that highest energy - instead offering us the faster, easier, and less demanding connections to the lower energy levels, and all of the "powers" that seem to come with it. Essentially the "abilities" that come from making those lower-level connections are a Trojan Horse. Resisting (and even blocking) those connections through reaching instead, for the higher energy level, provides protection (and peace) from the trickster's activities.

People accept these "gifts" at their own peril. And that's all I really have to say about Remote Viewing, or Clairvoyance.

The above is solely my opinion, sans evidence or facts whatsoever, other than personal experiences. And I will not argue or debate with anyone who has decided that it is a good decision to accept those gifts. To each his (or her) own.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby MikeJamieson » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:48 pm

Thanks for sharing your perspective on this Ryan.

This also explains accounts of alien encounters?? That would seem
to fit in with your thoughts about esp events.

I also believe that these energies are "tricksters", with evil intent, seeking to manipulate the human race into adopting "them" as a belief system - one that elevates the human race to accepting, and desiring, an individual status as mini-"gods".
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dazdude » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

My viewpoint form a person who actually remot eviews 3-4 time s a week are that its a natural thing - we all have the ability and do do this to differening ammounts and successes.

Unlike RY I dont think its an external thing that we can manipulate or other versions of the future. In factt he predicting of the future across all aspects of PSi and not just RV are the least accurate of all.

I think all things in the universe have properties of non locality and inter connectedness and this is pretty much the whole solution - it doesnt need anything more than this.

Interesting theory - the communications I have had with other beings indicate that the darker ones dont want humans to acknowledge this inherant skill as it actually frees us.

People accept these "gifts" at their own peril. And that's all I really have to say about Remote Viewing, or Clairvoyance.

Ok now youre scaring me - this sounds like a heavily religion inflenece stance to a natural ability that man has had since the dawn of time - instinct and gut feeling. Its like saying if you feel in your gut that somethings wrong in a situation - then it happens to be so - you are using this 'gift' at your own peril?

daz
dazdude
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:24 pm

dazdude wrote:Ok now youre scaring me - this sounds like a heavily religion inflenece stance to a natural ability that man has had since the dawn of time - instinct and gut feeling. Its like saying if you feel in your gut that somethings wrong in a situation - then it happens to be so - you are using this 'gift' at your own peril?

daz

Sure - call the influence what you like.

This says it all:

Interesting theory - the communications I have had with other beings indicate that the darker ones dont want humans to acknowledge this inherant skill as it actually frees us.

A big difference is that you trust the "other beings" you've communicated with, and the reference to the "darker ones" isn't surprising. All part of the deception.

Embrace the skill, say the "good ones", take a bite of this knowledge - and you will be free. You can be your own god - free of the stone-age constraints of the sickening and outdated "religions" that hold back humanity. Sound familiar?

How many centuries has this deception gone on? How long will it take for humans to wake up to it?

If this field is any indication - probably never.

ha...and here I am in the cold, damp cave, trying to point out to the mesmerized crowd that the shadows aren't what they claim to be... while the sun is shining in the world outside, and the joys are out there for the taking. Here I am - in the darkness with a stupid little flashlight, a pen-light at that, thinking it'll make some sort of difference.

Who's the stupid one? lol (Ryan points to himself)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:36 pm

I must admit I found the apparent shock at Ry's religious-orientated post, followed directly by "the communications I have had with other beings indicate that the darker ones dont want... " from Daz to be ever-so-slightly hypocritical.

I am in no way a religious person, but Ry's post above makes an excellent point.

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:46 pm

ryguy wrote:Embrace the skill, say the "good ones", take a bite of this knowledge - and you will be free. You can be your own god - free of the stone-age constraints of the sickening and outdated "religions" that hold back humanity. Sound familiar?

How many centuries has this deception gone on? How long will it take for humans to wake up to it?

The thing is, Ryan, these exact same sentiments can be (and have been) turned on their head as a reason why "following religions" has not worked. Let us not forget that RELIGION is at the heart of warring factions in the middle east now, and it always has been. Clearly, the good ideas upon which any religious tradition are said to have been based have been co-opted down through the ages.

If you apply the systems model (and there is no evidence to suggest it is not valid) then there are LAYERS of "creators". For all we know, the battles of religions and philosophies could be the result of one layer's creator trying to one-up another layer's creator. I know many people think they have it all figured out with respect to religious beliefs. But IMHO when someone gets to that phase and stops questioning their chosen belief system, that is when they become the most subject to manipulation. I don't have all the answers (any of them?), but I certainly have seen where all world religions have been guility of violating their own precepts.

Jus sayin...
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:57 pm

You Can Call Me Ray wrote:The thing is, Ryan, these exact same sentiments can be (and have been) turned on their head as a reason why "following religions" has not worked. Let us not forget that RELIGION is at the heart of warring factions in the middle east now, and it always has been. Clearly, the good ideas upon which any religious tradition are said to have been based have been co-opted down through the ages.

I do agree with you Ray. Therefore - strip away the "religions" and leave only "God".

This is what, at the core, is the only thing that matters in this discussion regarding these energies. Whether you believe in the inate power within ourselves - or in a higher power. Or maybe, in your case....both... LOL

I'll be honest, by the way - given the state of the world, and the direction it's headed...I would say these "beings" are winning over the hearts and minds of the majority.

And Steve's thinking: "Why the hell is Ryan writing like a crazy person?" LOL

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:02 pm

I told you mate, three a day - every day - for six months. Did you forget them today? Cuh!

:)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby MikeJamieson » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:25 pm

I don't think it's crazy ideation. It's a point of view. Which brings no harm to self or others. (That really is the criteria for "crazy", in my book.)

The notion of demonic presences, attempting to delude and manipulate people, is not an uncommon one in this or many other cultures.

BTW, I see a good point in something dazdude said. In that, why would these
dark beings want us to be able to see MORE.?

I'm glad you felt comfortable in sharing your perspective. Again, I enjoy
hearing all perspectives and am only concerned when a perspective meets
the criteria I pointed out above.

And Steve's thinking: "Why the hell is Ryan writing like a crazy person?" LOL

-Ry

MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:22 pm

I mentioned somewhere (in one of these threads) that Patanjali's Yoga Sutras
identified (in the third section of its collection of one line aphorisms) various
"siddhis" (or enhanced capacities).

I just found something that Ingo Swann wrote in relationship to the Yoga
Sutras:
http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages ... ries3.html

Swann:
One of the earliest sources which refers to remote viewing --faculties-- is found in the Yoga teachings of ancient India, with echoes of them throughout the Far East.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: Considering Theoretical Foundations to Remote Viewing

Postby Gary » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:40 pm

MikeJamieson wrote:This thread is to address various theories, etc. that attempt to explain

on the fact on interdependence and non-separation.

A brief technical comment:

The interdependence argument (this is not directed at Mike's opinion) often appeals to quantum entanglement.

The problem with entanglement is that no quantum signaling is possible due to the fact that the process yields irreducibly random results. (In quantum teleportation, a classical signal is used to facilitate quantum information exchange.) If you want a quantum-level explanation, you need to go beyond the existing quantum theory which is the basis of nearly all modern technology.

So, in Ryan's defense, there are good reasons to assume the "paranormal" explanation over the (existing) scientific arguments.

That said, there must exist some kind of coupling between worlds, one way or the other, given that "There is no information without representation."

This in turn can lead one into the simulation argument, which also appears disguised as the many worlds interpretation.

Taken to the extreme, you find that math exists objectively and other worlds can exist with different laws of physics based on different mathematical rules (Max Tegmark).

I also added a "torsion field" topic here:

http://www.realityuncovered.com/forum/v ... php?t=1208

Skeptics welcome!
Last edited by Gary on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:13 pm

ryguy wrote:Whether you believe in the inate power within ourselves - or in a higher power. Or maybe, in your case....both... LOL

Nail on the head, dude! :) There's good and bad in all people, and so short of veridical evidence that would prove otherwise for "whoever is out there" I am willing to expect goods and bads in their population as well. Ronald Reagan said it best "Trust But Verify!".

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:31 am

Im still pretty sceptical about the whole idea of remote viewing, along with any existance, past or present of any God.
To me the whole idea of a religiion was for the elite to control the poor masses. Its a bad trait of all humans to believe there is always someone better than them and the idea of a God solved the problem perfectly.

Remote Viewing? Hmmmmmmmmm! Is it just that people 'see' what they want to see. Whilst I know there are supposed to be documented cases, could these simpy be coincidences?
To me its in the same box as clairvoyants.
I mean if people realy can see into the future, whay arent they all rich ?

Sorry, to me the whole thing doesnt wash. Its curious and strange, then again so is fishing and the mind of a woman!
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby dazdude » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:21 am

I mean if people realy can see into the future, whay arent they all rich ?

Couldnt you pick a more up to date argument?

As I and othere have stated before - Remote viewing the future is the hardest part of remote viewing and the least accurate ( i have seen official figures quoted at only 16%). Saying this look at the real examples on my website: http://www.remoteviewed.com/remote_viewing_results.htm
where I predictively chose winners of American idol, big brother TV programs and the World Series winner (bearing in mind Im also from the UK and know nothing of U.S TV and sport). I have also posted the winning betting slips for these events - I'm not rich but DO make money from remote viewing.

By the way have you seen the huge mansion that Uri Geller bought with his dowsing for oil money - located here in the UK?

Please choose a better argument...

Daz
dazdude
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Next

Google

Return to PSI / Mind Control