a word to the aware

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

a word to the aware

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sun May 28, 2006 8:55 pm

ufology is a through the looking glass study.

truly we are all at a loss to explain it.

every time i think i'm approaching the truth another absurdity is thrown my way- another bend in the road. it's as if the world itself conspires to confuse me.

paranoia? the body snatchers are everywhere. but we persist.

do i believe in the mj-12 documents? hell- i don't know. bill moore? christ- what do i know?
shawnna is correct in questioning the mj-12 release.

my problem is this: what should we not question? where is the evidence?

we are in a hall of mirrors. where do we start? where is the anchor? what can we truly say is 'true?'

we are investigating- but what is the basis for the reality of our point of departure?

i was a graduate student in philosophy ca. 1968. :in the alan hynek state of 'swamp gas and trivial explanations.' -

michigan.

there was, at that time,- known to me, a colony of 'aliens.'
aliens who looked just like you and me.

my contact, a woman name nancy theis, told me that the truth of all of this could be found in the libraries of the 'Ethical Culture Society.'

i'm just passing that on- hell the information is almost 40 years old- but it may be important.
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Shawnna » Sun May 28, 2006 8:58 pm

Wow...... can you tell us more? I'd love to here how this colony was known to you to be a colony of aliens?

This is fascinating.....

Always,
Shawnna
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sun May 28, 2006 9:27 pm

40 years ago. know what that is?
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Shawnna » Sun May 28, 2006 10:45 pm

2006 less 40 = 1966.

Ok. I'm not good at riddles and really don't like playing them.

Can you just spell it out for us please?
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby TheShadow » Sun May 28, 2006 11:09 pm

It was 2 years before cartoon claims to have had this info for one thing
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby dragonfire » Mon May 29, 2006 2:51 am

Alan Hynek, when did Project blue book actually start :?: Hmmm.... project grunge.... Remember, Hynek was suppose to debunk the stories :wink:
Irritating the world, one person at a time
dragonfire
Latrine Only

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Mon May 29, 2006 7:49 pm

Shawnna wrote:2006 less 40 = 1966.

Ok. I'm not good at riddles and really don't like playing them.

Can you just spell it out for us please?

Well- it’s not a riddle. It’s just a long time ago. Those were speedy and chaotic times. Just a few years after the murder of JFK. Riots in Detroit and Hough and Watts, the murders of MLK and RFK, Nixon in our faces again, the democratic convention, Abbie Hoffman, Bobby Seale, Jerry Rubin, the execution of Che (1967), the birth of my daughter (whom we named ‘Che’), the march on the pentagon (1967), the new Paris Commune (1968), the rise of the anarchist syndicates, SDS, Vietnam, Muhammed Ali, Tim Leary, Baba Ram Das, Kent State, the Six Day War, Goldy Meir, People’s Park- and Alan Hynek’s swampgas in Michigan.

The world as an acid trip. You had to be there to believe it!

And so I remember this about the swampgas aliens: I met a woman who claimed to be a member of a colony of people from another world. I had no reason to disbelieve her. I was a bit freaked out, but given the tenor of the times- not very freaked out. This is what she told me: There was a colony of people from a planet called Durs (sp) that had established itself in southern Michigan- between Pontiac and Dearborn, south of Detroit, north of Toledo. They had a ship upon which they arrived hidden in a field. Their method of travel had to do with joining hands and meditation. She said that the truth of her spiel could be found in the libraries of the Ethical Culture Society. (I’ve looked and found nothing…) The reason that they were here? Study. That’s all I know. Shortly after I met her I was called by Tom Hayden to travel to NY to recruit radical terminal cancer patients to serve on the front lines at antiwar demonstrations at Columbia University. Hahahahahah. True!

A couple of years later, in Taos, I ran into a handful of Jewish hippies who decided to break with the 2000 year old prohibition against eating lamb on Passover. No small matter for them! The law stated that lamb should never be eaten at Passover until the Israelites return to Jerusalem. In 1967 Jerusalem had fallen to the Jews. And so, in this godforsaken little place in New Mexico, the law was fulfilled. I was there.

Sorry if I’m rambling. I’m getting old.
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Google

Return to UFOs