Talk in London, Wednesday 7 November: "Mirage Men"

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Talk in London, Wednesday 7 November: "Mirage Men"

Postby IsaacKoi » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:57 pm

Given the focus of this Forum and the recent thread in relation to another presentation about the "Mirage Men", I thought I'd quickly post details about this talk in central London this evening (Wednesday 7 November 2007)?

I'll probably be going...

http://www.strangeattractor.co.uk/further/?p=688

Mirage Men

Wednesday November 7 2007

7.30 for 8pm. £2.

Upsatirs at The Devereux pub in Devereux Court, London WC2R 3JJ. Opposite the Royal Courts of Justice on the Strand (near Aldwych).

Follow Mark Pilkington into a labyrinth of lies as he explains the background to Mirage Men, his forthcoming book and film collaboration with John Lundberg. American intelligence operatives are actively encouraging belief in UFO crashes, pacts with extraterrestrial civilizations, alien abductions, back-engineered flying saucers and secret alien bases on Earth. They have changed the face of popular culture (The X Files, Taken etc) and, whether by accident or design, moulded the consciousness of millions worldwide. So who are the Mirage Men? Just what is it that they are trying to do? Is this a psychological warfare operation that’s got out of hand? Is Mark a government agent? Are you? Discover these and other secrets of the Universe in tonight’s illustrated talk from the editor of Strange Attractor Journal.
*** Top Secret clearance required ***

http://www.ufomystic.com/wake-up-down-t ... elligence/
<snip>
"Mirage Men will examine the history of intelligence community involvement in the UFO subject. While many other features have approached this important issue in piecemeal fashion, Pilkington and Lundberg decided last year to meet the problem head-on and put various players on the spot to possibly clear up what was (and is) being done to UFO researchers under the umbrella of national defense."

"The producers have managed to secure interviews with Ufological and intelligence personalities from all over the country, including Curtis Peebles, Victor Martinez, Bill Ryan, Tracy Torme, Robert Emenegger, Gabe Valdez, and even Richard Doty. (I believe that this is Doty’s one and only appearance ever on camera.) One other intelligence player (who has been around the disinfo game for over 30 years) will most likely appear only in voiceover, with his speech disguised to protect his identity, at his own request. Perhaps we’ll hear some new revelations stretching back to the Paul Bennewitz days and offering new insights to that dramatic period when intel agents skulked about in the shadows, feeding outlandish stories to gullible researchers eager for the newest revelation."
<snip>

I recently responded to a request for recommendations for further reading on these topics and suggested the following:

(1) Greg Bishop's book “Project Beta : The Story of Paul Bennewitz, National Security, and the Creation of a Modern UFO Myth” :
http://www.amazon.com/Project-Beta-Benn ... 0743470923

(2) Nick Redfern's book "On the Trail of the Saucer Spies : Ufos And Government Surveillance":
url=http://www.amazon.com/Trail-Saucer-Spies-Government-Surveillance/dp/1933665106

(3) Some of the sources cited in "Andy Miller's" online article (which, obviously, is itself not to be taken seriously) entitled "The Top 100 Real 'Men in Black'":
http://ufoleague.blogspot.com/2007/04/t ... black.html

For various reasons, I didn't recommend "Exempt from Disclosure" by Collins and Doty...

All the best,

Isaac
IsaacKoi

Postby Access Denied » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi Isaac,

Sounds fascinating, if you go I would love to read your comments afterwards.

Regards and welcome to RU,

Tom

P.S. For most of us here I imagine Isaac needs no introduction but for those who aren't familiar with his work check out his blog UFO Inquiry
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:47 pm

I would have loved to have gone but Im committed to some boring rehearsals all this week in Southampton
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:23 am

Yes, please drop back in with some further information if you don't mind. I know there are some lurkers around here as well that would be interested too.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:50 pm

If it were in the U.S., I'd likely attend...wish I could go to this one! Please do let us know how it goes....

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Mirage Men talk

Postby Mark Pilkington » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:08 pm

Good to meet you at the talk Isaac and thanks for coming.

I had so much material I only managed to get through about a third of it and still spoke for half an hour longer than I had intended. Obviously need to find the right balance for next time, but I think I whetted people's appetites!

For those who missed it, the talk was largely anecdotal, about John Lundberg and my experiences 'in the field', interspersed with my own musings about the subject.

John and I are still working to put the film together, and I'm also going to be writing an expanded book version for publication by Constable here in the UK in mid '09.

Mark
Mark Pilkington

Google

Return to UFOs