Betty and Barney Hill

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Betty and Barney Hill

Postby stan » Mon May 29, 2006 1:24 am

One of the more believable UFO abduction stories.

That evening while driving back to their Portsmouth, New Hampshire area home from a vacation in Canada, the Hills spotted a light in the sky that seemed to be following them. They reported that the object came closer, and was clearly a craft. Barney was concerned that the occupants intended to kill or capture them, so he stopped to retrieve a revolver from the car's trunk. He then claimed to have seen human-like creatures peering at him through windows on the craft. He drove away quickly, but the Hills later reported so-called "lost time": several hours seemed to have passed without their recollection, and they were at a location different from where they had stopped the car.

Betty was especially troubled by the incident and, in the weeks and months afterward, read a number of UFO-related books. In late 1963, the couple sought hypnosis, hoping it might help them recover their memories of the missing time.

Under hypnosis sessions in 1963, the Hills recounted what later became the standard UFO abduction template: They seemed hypnotized or paralyzed, and were unable to resist the apparent medical examinations they were forced to undergo. Their abductors were described as more or less human, though with very large eyes and small noses. Barney described their clothing as resembling military uniforms.

While on the craft, Betty reported seeing a hologram-like star map, which she assumed depicted the craft's home planet. She later sketched this map from memory. Marjorie Fish, an astronomy enthusiast — unconnected to the Hills — analysed Betty's sketch and concluded it could have depicted Zeta Reticuli.

Astronomy printed Fish's analysis, and the subject was a regular feature of their letters to the editor column for nearly a year, with a range of opinions (ranging from pro to con) offered. Carl Sagan argued that the map was so vague and ambiguous that any star system or constellation could be matched to it with little difficulty. Some have dubbed the Hills' account The Zeta Reticuli Incident because of this, but most Ufologists prefer the Hill Abduction or some similar term.

There is an updated theory with regard to the map in question as drawn by Betty Hill under hypnosis. Two German Scientists, Koch and Kyborg, have proposed that the map was in reality, drawn from the perspective of the alien spacecraft as it was positioned to the eyes of the Hill's in the solar system on September 16, 1961 along US Route 3 near Lincoln NH. See the link: http://www.kochkyborg.de/hill02.htm
stan

Postby stan » Mon May 29, 2006 11:54 pm

anybody there?
stan

Postby Shawnna » Tue May 30, 2006 2:20 am

Hi Stan - I'm here! Just trying to keep up with the BS going on between Zep and jakereason - who appears to be someone who doesn't understand the written english language!! :roll:

What a pathetic attempt at deflection if I ever saw one.

Now - back to your post - I have to admit I'm not up to speed on the Betty & Barney Hill abduction case so I'm happy you posted this information. I'll do some reading and we can chat about it.

Always,
Shawnna
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Teleon » Tue May 30, 2006 1:02 pm

Hi stan. I've been away for a few days.

Back on topic. Yes it would make much more sense for the star map to be of our own solar system! WoW Stan good find. I'm reading the entire web link. I'll be getting back to this!

Getting back:

Ok, after reading the entire web site’s text… I rather enjoyed the read! Much of what the researchers concluded made a lot of sense to me. Their conclusion fit the story well and their argument is sound enough to have my vote.
bah um bug?
Teleon

Google

Return to UFOs