with UFOs, where are we?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby Shawnna » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:41 pm

hmmm............ interesting.

The Sci-FI (Science FICTION) channel is backing the organization somehow. (emphasis mine)

Does that strike anyone else as.... odd?

:?
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby murnut » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:56 pm

I met her Saturday...there is nothing fictional about her.

Read my report, here
http://www.realityuncovered.com/forum/v ... php?t=1090
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby lost_shaman » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:57 pm

Not really, they've been involved with Leslie Kean and others for years now.
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby zplix » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:43 pm

So how does the 'revelation' regarding that site relate to the Disclosure Project? ( and I dont mean this in a 'funny' way as in 'its got nothing to Do with the DP' I honestly am inquiring a possible connection)

I suppose what I personally am looking for is an anlysis on everyone of the participants of that event. Some poeple I have addressed this to have suggested that some of the people are disinfo--who who? I am not sure.

Doc Greer constantly goes on that there are "400" people who were willing to testify to congress etc. But the actual number of people---how many? 20?, 30? anyone know? So wheres all the other 'disclosurees'. I mean isn't it contradiction to claim disclosure when most of the so-called going to disclose are unknown

?

So, well, does anyone know an intinery of all the people who took part, so we could see who they were. If they lied about who they were, etc etc? that's be a start.

As for Carol Rosen. I read an interview she gave. In it she denies Von braun, or any of the other Germans brought to the U.S. were Nazis...! Now, if she can deny something that is so bltatantly obvious. How can we believe her words about what Von Braun said. Why would she claim they weren't Nazis? I find that offensive!

I tried to contact here via the interviewer's contact but nothing came of it.
In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act~~George Orwell
zplix
Banned

Postby Access Denied » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:40 am

zplix wrote:So how does the 'revelation' regarding that site relate to the Disclosure Project? ( and I dont mean this in a 'funny' way as in 'its got nothing to Do with the DP' I honestly am inquiring a possible connection)

I suppose what I personally am looking for is an anlysis on everyone of the participants of that event. Some poeple I have addressed this to have suggested that some of the people are disinfo--who who? I am not sure.

There’s really no need to go to such lengths in my opinion. It’s actually quite simple… the more “fantastic” claims (e.g. Callahan , Salas, Rosen, Stone) are easily debunked under closer scrutiny and the rest simply saw “lights in the sky” that could quite possibly be anything.

No I don’t expect you to agree with me on any/all those folks but consider this… you raise an excellent point above in noting a possible connection. One thing I’ve figured out in studying this field is you have to consider who’s really the target? With an organized "campaign" like the Disclosure Project is it really the Government or is it actually the “true believers” and “uninitiated”?

The way I see it something like the DP is undoubtedly like music to the ears of “true believers”… they don’t need to be convinced… they already believe so they will support it pretty much without question. Go DP!!!

[well OK not so much anymore lol]

To the “uninitiated” (aka UFO curious lol) it probably sounds somewhat convincing on the surface… at least enough for them to hopefully want to see more. So what if the Government doesn’t buy it? It’s a win win for the promoters either way. Actually, you might even want to throw in a couple of dead giveaways to make SURE the Government doesn’t buy it… “disclosure” would be a real party pooper and triggering an honest to goodness scientific inquiry into some of these peoples claims just might reveal a few skeletons in their closets and really blow the business plan all to hell.

Conclusion? It’s an infomercial. What’s for sale? UFOlogy, Exopolitics, and Free Energy

zplix wrote:Why would she claim they weren't Nazis? I find that offensive!

I don’t know but are all Russian soldiers Communists?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby zplix » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:19 pm

"There’s really no need to go to such lengths in my opinion. It’s actually quite simple… the more “fantastic” claims (e.g. Callahan , Salas, Rosen, Stone) are easily debunked under closer scrutiny and the rest simply saw “lights in the sky” that could quite possibly be anything.

No I don’t expect you to agree with me on any/all those folks "

I don't know :? So I would then inquire of you, how did you come to know that. What are your sources that lead you to believe the more dramatic testimonies are false, and the rest are just lights in sky that can be explained as known phenomena? I want to try keep this simple and just ask that for now
zplix
Banned

Postby Access Denied » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:14 pm

zplix wrote:I don't know :? So I would then inquire of you, how did you come to know that.

Research. :)

zplix wrote:What are your sources that lead you to believe the more dramatic testimonies are false, and the rest are just lights in sky that can be explained as known phenomena?

Have you searched this site for each of those names? Unlike ATS the search function here actually works (kudos Zep!) and has a number of advanced features to help you narrow down your search. For example here’s a (somewhat humorous) take on Rosin…

Carol Rosin credentials- finally
http://www.realityuncovered.com/forum/v ... .php?t=957

That said, if your search comes up short please let me know (seriously) and I’ll try to put something together for you… or hopefully somebody else here who’s looked into one of these will respond in the meantime. With the holidays coming up I’m WAY behind. :(

Also, it’s a mistake to assume that all sightings can be explained. You and I weren’t there and neither was CNN so without more data sometimes you just have to say hmm…

Conversely, it’s also a mistake to assume that just because any particular sighting can’t be 100% explained it must be an alien spaceship. :D

zplix wrote:I want to try keep this simple and just ask that for now

Yes well some of those of claims are worthy of their own threads if there isn’t one already as there is a lot of “data” to go over… and even then some people will still choose to disagree. The thing is most people (i.e. the “mainstream” which is who you need to convince if you think this subject needs to be taken more seriously) don’t need a long drawn out point by point refutation of these more “fantastic” claims… they intuitively sense it’s bunk. :)

AD

P.S. Happy Holidays everyone!
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby zplix » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:57 pm

I hope to be never to proud to learn. And I sure had NO idea about 'dr' Rosen-wiz ze weird hair-and the boobies. is that for RE_AL?? OM GOD!

i thought she was having meetings with the top dogs. :o

when i havwe time, am I gonna use your search function or WHAT???

"The thing is most people (i.e. the “mainstream” which is who you need to convince if you think this subject needs to be taken more seriously) don’t need a long drawn out point by point refutation of these more “fantastic” claims… they intuitively sense it’s bunk. Smile "

Yeah and in next breath slag OFF 'intuition' if it aint theres 8)
zplix
Banned

Re:

Postby DrDil » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:08 pm

ryguy wrote:<snip>

There's a thread that ended in 2007 on him, maybe we can revive it with new information/exploration.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1088&hilit=steven+greer&start=60

One of the things we've never revealed publicly is that a source informed us about a "light show" that he used to put on for wealthy folks back in the days before he was ever even well-known. I've been trying to get more information about that for quite a while but not many people seem to know about it.

<snip>

Looking forward to anything anyone can offer!

-Ryan

I wrote something back in (Aug) 2008 called “Steven Greer – Before He Was Famous!!” which includes some 1994 footage (National Geographic) of a meeting where they try and telepathically contact UFOs/extraterrestrials, I’m not sure it’s what you’re after so let me know if it’s relevant and if so then I’ll repost it here.

Obviously I critiqued this as well as a couple of other of his (ahem!!) ventures including UFOWatchdog sourced “Truth For Sale” tour, anyhoo, it’s all at:

http://blog.ufo-blog.com/2008/08/steven ... amous.html

Oh, and here's something I wrote elsewhere when Paracast first took over UFOWatchdog and temporarily removed all of the original content as I feared it was lost forever:

DrDil wrote:Or the claims that in Greer's book, ‘Extraterrestrial Contact’ Greer claimed to have been directly briefed about UFOs by R. James Woolsey, the former director of the CIA, at a dinner party. Shortly after Greer published his book with his apparently exaggerated account of what had taken place, Woolsey and others present at the dinner sent Greer a letter trying to set the record straight.

Finally and as an aside the following alert/message displayed by Thunderbird when receiving the monthly begging letter from Greer via always makes me smile (red highlight is mine, obviously):

I know, I know, simple things please simple minds, what can I say?! :lol:

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs