Gary Bekkum SSR Blog Updates

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Gary Bekkum SSR Blog Updates

Postby ryguy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:43 pm

I've decided to make a new thread specificially for Gary's blog updates.

This one needs clarification (more than the others anyway). Since I'm mentioned, I figured it would be prudent to provide the context and try to help clear away a little bit of the ever-present proverbial smoke:

http://stargate007.blogspot.com/

Spies, Lies, and Violations of Trust: SOAP OPERA aka SERPO
"You have no legal recourse. I am interpreting your threat to the Official of the Director of National Intelligence as potentially outside the legal framework, and I will advise the FBI and your supervisor to take appropriate actions." -- from a leaked email message.

"CIA needs to get out of the news as source or subject and focus on protecting the American people by acquiring secrets and providing high-quality all-source analysis." DCI Hayden.

Mr. Smith noted that "More recently [redacted] has learned that Barry was involved with Blue Book, even though he had previously denied it. As I mentioned previously, a person working with Hennessey on Blue Book is now working with [redacted] at MASINT."

Digging deeper into the archives, we come to June of 2005, and messages leaked long before the recent public debates appearing at Reality Uncovered.

"You do not have to be Sherlock to realize that I have violated a trust between us ... "

"You do recognize that there is a 'soap opera' connected with the AVIARY. Different people seem to have different parts to play. All of these parts were more or less related to official government business and/or clearances."

And then this cover story, from a Senior Intelligence Official received in

February of 2007:

"In response to your primary question, I did not identify [redacted] as MI-6 nor did I request that information be passed to [redacted]. This was most likely fabricated by [redacted] based on a statement reportedly from [redacted] that he ([redacted]) had seen [redacted] at a facility in London frequented by MI-6 officers. I did mention to [redacted] that I thought some of [redacted] ([redacted]) questions were inappropriate. By that I meant [redacted] asked some questions about our real work in addition to the UFO soap opera. I never asked that any information be passed to [redacted].

In response to your sub question specific to [redacted], during the past several years [redacted] appears to have fabricated many documents and distributed them via fabricated e-mail addresses that implicate senior government (intelligence) persons as the sources. Most often this information comes to my attention via [redacted]who was my mentor for several years and remains a close friend and colleague. If [redacted] or [redacted] provided you with the e-mails I sent to [redacted], it should be clear that I repeatedly emphasized I have absolutely no interest in UFOs, SERPO, or any other issues of interest to [redacted] or [redacted].

My only concern was with indications that [redacted] had assumed the names of government officials using forged e-mail accounts to distribute his fabricated stories. In particular, there were implications that [redacted] had created an e-mail address appearing to originate from John Gannon, another of my former mentors. This caused [redacted] to confront Mr. Gannon with the documents in a manner that must have been both embarrassing and humorous, but also a time consuming burden."

Note: 4 Jun 98 John C. Gannon appointed ADCI/A&P by DCI.

"Rather than focusing immediately on the issue of concern, I first addressed what I suspected was false information, namely that [redacted] had informed [redacted] that he ([redacted]) had been meeting with current government (intelligence) officials who had provided him ([redacted]) with classified information. This clearly was not true, but it at least enabled me to give the “impression” that it was an “official” investigation. In fact it was purely a personal issue to protect John Gannon and other government officials from being falsely implicated in the sordid SERPO saga. It was after [redacted] threatened to have the New Mexico State Police Association harass me that I took “strong arm” tactics which included contacting Ryan Dube who had posted a note on realityuncovered.com discussing similar threats by [redacted] and suggested responses.

After I learned via [redacted] that [redacted], I terminated the interaction with a request the [redacted] cease distributing fake documents implicating government (intelligence) officials in his SERPO or other fabricated stories. For a time at least is seems [redacted]complied with this request. I then released to [redacted] to provide Ryan Dube with some of the e-mails which I thought might be of some use in their research as a way of saying “thanks” for the assistance Ryan provided me in dealing with [redacted] threats.

Keep in mind that my concern was not that [redacted] had fabricated documents but that he had distributed them in ways that caused them to appear to have originated from government (intelligence) officials.

In response to your sub question regarding [redacted] threat to land a plane on the White House lawn, I interpreted his statement as a joke and took no action."

Gosh - everyone's name was "redacted" except mine....if I were a paranoid type, I'd think Gary has something against me... lol.

We've seen these comments stated often from this particular offical source - however when taken in context, it is very clear that his comments are in reference to the type of scam certain members connected to the AVIARY are running and the methods they use in doing so. One of those methods, described often by this source, is to use their actual government clearances to garnish real "code words" for use within the fabricated documents as part of their overall scam.

This excerpt above implies that their activities are part of their official government business....but what the source is pointing out (and has done so very often) is that they use real bits of knowledge learned within their government business and clearances, completely unrelated to ufology or aliens, in order to create convincing elements for the plot of their long-running non-official scam.

In another example outlined elsewhere on this forum - this same source provided his hypothesis that actual government research work was used to place elements of the alien/ufo "core story" into classified government records related to research that was unrelated to ufos and aliens. Same tactic - the subsequent search for verification of the 'core story' would turn up those later declassified documents...and could be claimed as "evidence" of government involvement and "coverup".

In addition to the emails this source was kind enough to forward through a 2nd party as a "thank you", he also directly provided several email threads that outlined an exchange he'd had concerning Rick's threats toward him, and the results of his subsequent quick "check" into the names of Rick's alleged sources - in a few cases showing conclusively that not a single one is real, and there was at least one case of ID theft from a directory that can be accessed with low-level clearances, of one employee. Tamara Linden is one example of such ID theft - this story will be outlined in greater detail later.

We've always respected this source's requests to keep such information and emails private.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby murnut » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:36 am

Quite a bit of interesting info that Gary has put out in the last days or so.

For a nobody like me, it is extremely fascinating.

I can't get enough of it

I don't want to sleep or go to work.

I hope you put out your report soon Ry.

I need sleep
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:44 am

murnut wrote:I hope you put out your report soon Ry.

I need sleep

LOL... Thanks Murnut.

Although it's actually our report, not my report - Steve has put a great deal of work into this research and writing as well... Maybe you meant "your" as in both of ours - and I misunderstood.

And you think you're the only one who needs sleep?? It's almost 1 a.m. and here I still am working... for free... :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:10 am

ryguy wrote:And you think you're the only one who needs sleep?? It's almost 1 a.m. and here I still am working... for free... :)

You know I once tried to organize a protest at work demanding "MORE WORK LESS PAY!!!"... strange nobody would join me. :shock:
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:25 pm

http://stargate007.blogspot.com/2007/12 ... -fish.html

Wednesday, December 19, 2007
A "Tricky Fish"

Here is another brief excerpt [a gently redacted version] from a working paper titled "The Measurement and Signature of a Psychic Spy."

Naturally we inquired of our source, 'Ms. [redacted]' about her meeting with the mysterious '[redacted],' the man that Jon Ronson had initially sought out while working on his book about the military interest in psychic assassination, "The Men Who Stare at Goats."

[redacted] wrote to us, "I don't know that there is much more to tell than already stated, to be honest. I liked the man, I'm obviously wary of his position and realise that all is not as it seems."

[redacted] learned that [redacted] had worked on the Glomar Challenger recovery project in the 1970's. Apparently the then much younger [redacted] had been bright enough to figure out that more was going on than mining maganese off of the ocean floor, resulting in an encounter with the men-in-black in his dorm room.

It was later revealed that the Glomar was a CIA funded effort to retrieve a sunken Soviet nuclear submarine off of the ocean floor. Curiously [redacted] in charge of government weirdness in the 1970s had also shown an interest in the Glomar recovery, a fact testified to by his Curriculum Vitae.

So was there any connection between this gentleman's interest in sunken Russian weapons of mass destruction and the psychic spy work going on at Stanford Research Institute?

According to one source the esteemed psychic, Mr. Ingo Swann, who later developed the 'official' methodology of remote viewing for various defense elements of the United States, had 'seen' a submarine being 'zapped' by a UFO while on the surface, perhaps as it attempted to launch a missile armed with a nuclear weapon.

Kenneth Sewell, author of the book Red Star Rogue, is largely responsible for promoting the idea that the sunken Soviet submarine K-129 was lost just as it was about to fire a nuclear weapon at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii.

According to a press release, Mr. Sewell based his book upon "recently declassified intelligence files in the U.S. and Soviet military archives ... among other sources."

[Redacted] speculated that "It may have been my question about Glomar, at out dinner with [redacted], that was the real security breach. You [redacted] were used to obfuscate that breach. The stories about a drug connection were used to put (some) people off the real scent."

[Redacted] lamented, "The problem is, we can't reveal the sources. These particular releases are very vague to anyone not in the know ... I don't believe that we are in a 'safe' position to allow any finer detail to be added. Tricky one."

Tricky one indeed. Our quest to land a tricky fish had yielded mountains of data just outside the comfort zone of journalistic ethics. Alas, if we had only intended to be intelligence operatives, our efforts might have paid off!

[Redacted] continued, "It's either confirmation of ET or the most complex scam in history."

So where does the FBI figure in all of this? We would expect at the very least that they would be concerned about the chatter coming from "... a middle-level manager and a very SENIOR analyst with over 25 years in intelligence."

Only one comment:

[Redacted] continued, "It's either confirmation of ET or the most complex scam in history."

Or maybe a scam that isn't really so complex, or vague, to those who are "in the know"?

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:35 pm

http://www.starstreamresearch.com/stargate007.htm

Gary Bekkum writes:

Friday, December 21, 2007

A TIGER, ET phones home, and telepathic skin

Here is another excerpt from "The Measurement and Signature of a Psychic Spy":

Mr. Smith continued by raising the 'problem' of mysterious phone calls, often with barely intelligible metallic sounding voices, buzzes and clicks adding an air of mystery to potentially anomalous contacts. We later reviewed tapes made by one source of similar phone calls, but we were less than impressed. Strange yes, but hardly inexplicable.

Our brief 'innocent' exposure of the TIGER committee connections to the old psychic spy program, coupled with a hint of new covert activities propelled us forward into our investigation.

A source positioned to know more about the deeper aspects of TIGER wrote to us, "Whatever is going on, it sure ain't in the TIGER."

I responded to his concerns over leaks coming from Starstream Research:

"I should explain the factors taken into consideration in releasing the TIGER information.

First, you may recall that the TIGER committee came to my attention in an email reply that you sent out to a Sarfatti semi-public wide-distribution list that included many journalists, and others. This semi-public response opened the story and could have been attributed directly to you. I decided to refer to you as a 'source' instead.

Another factor that weighed heavily was Dr. Eric Davis speaking with George Knapp on Coast to Coast AM radio on April 1st, 2006. While being questioned about TIGER by Knapp, Eric confirmed that he was a colleague of the TIGER committee member mentioned in my (previous) story, and that his colleague had been a former founding member of NIDS SAD. That pretty much hit the identity nail with a hammer.

I also sent an advance copy of the story to Dan Smith, for comments and concerns.

It was my own opinion that since TIGER was promoted at a public web site, that STAR GATE had declassified the majority of concerns about SRI, that you are identified directly in the 1977 CIA Studies in Intelligence article by Ken Kress, your picture appeared in the March 2006 "Reader's Digest," and since you had written about the TIGER committee, members and concerns in an openly distributed and unsolicited manner, that the few additional pieces of
information in my story added little to the available data. The identification of telepathy with CIA funded work at SRI should not surprise anyone."

Apparently Ron's curiousity was winding down, or he had already uncovered the information he needed. On June 23, 2006, Mr. Smith wrote to us, "I know of no plan for the FBI to serve any warrants, or otherwise investigate this matter at this point ... the identity of 'Falcon' remains open ... "

The question that had been left hanging from that meeting at CIA some twenty years before was summed up by Smith:

"There is no doubt that Hennessey knew more about UFOs and Doty than he let on to the CIA in 1988 ... That he would not share that concern with the CIA, indicates that he was being seriously co-opted in some fashion."

[There is the suggestion from letters and documents in the STAR GATE files that Andy Marshall was interested in the paraphysics of (Tesla based?) scalar field technology. I don't know if this was a reference to the Tom Bearden material found elsewhere in the files, from the 1980s. The memos about the briefing for Andy Marshall are from late 1994 and near the end of the STAR GATE program in 1995.]

Writer Jon Ronson claims that some of the STAR GATE programs went 'black' and are still in operation.

Ronson claims that Uri Geller told him that he had been reactivated by "Ron."

The alleged black versions are extensions of previous STAR GATE research into 'telepathic' remote viewing command-control-communication and remote perturbation of biological systems. Ronson claims that the present program was designed to experiment with using RP (remote perturbation, mind over matter, or psychokinesis) for killing goats.

One item I noticed was that a paragraph on remote perturbation of skin conductance was blacked out in a scientific summary with no other mention of operational activities.

In another report it was noted that scalar theory might be involved in the remote viewing phenomenology.

---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:26 pm

http://stargate007.blogspot.com/

Forum Operatives?

Anyone following the recent banter between Ryan Dube and Stephen Broadbent of Reality Uncovered and yours truly are aware that the same data often leads to differences of interpretation.

"Folks don’t only want more information on more subjects more quickly; they also want deeper insight. They’re not looking for facts. As Secretary Powell used to tell me repeatedly, "I don’t need news. I don’t need facts. I have a television. I have the Internet. I have a telephone. People tell me lots of facts. I need to know what it means, how important it is, what you think about it." This is insight. And providing meaningful insight to smart and attentive customers who are usually all over the accounts that they are working requires a level of expertise that is beyond that of most individual analysts and indeed is beyond the capacity of most individual agencies or components of the community." -- Dr. Thomas Fingar, Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Analysis and Chairman, National Intelligence Council

Readers of this blog, and users of the Reality Uncovered Forum are quite aware of the importance of "what it means, how important it is, what you think about it."

Intelligence gathering is a flawed process; bits and pieces of the overall picture don't always fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle.

No one should be surprised that disagreements have erupted over the interpretation of different pieces from the same puzzle. It is even more confusing for the reader, who must by necessity be presented with only portions of the available information.

What about Intelligence Community members interacting with and supplying information to their "forum operatives?"

Both STARpod.org and realityuncovered.com were recipients of leaked email messages alleged to have taken place between a Senior Intelligece Official (SIO), a Senior Intelligence Consultant (SIC), and a Police Officer (PO).

The SIO originated the messages by providing them to a civilian contact, Dan Smith, with the understanding that the messages would then be passed by Mr. Smith to another civilian contact who would distribute them to the forum moderators at Reality Uncovered. In addition, STARpod.org received copies of the messages which were consistent with other email messages exchanged with the SIO and the SIC.

STARpod.org then raised the issue of the motivations and methods behind the distribution. In a series of articles co-published by the American Chronicle, we examined the history of a key SIO involved in the distribution, and speculated about possible counterintelligence purposes behind the distribution, either for personal or profession reasons. Later, our interpretation was largely echoed in an independently researched article by noted investigative author Gus Russo.

In July 2007, Reality Uncovered announced an "impending report" that would:

• Name the man behind the curtain
• Conclusively show how the deception was achieved and maintained
• Explain the purpose of the central meme
• Name the fictional support stories
• Provide a list of agent’s names

The report remains a work in progress, according to the Reality Uncovered moderators. When the report is finally issued we will provide an evaluation and commentary here.

Posted by Gary S. Bekkum / STARpod.org at 12:12 PM

Fairly good summary, Gary...although I disagree that Russo's article agrees with your perspective... :)

But that's a minor issue. Another minor issue that really hurts your credibility, unfortunately, is that you allowed this forum troll and spammer...

To publish libel about RealityUncovered, stating that we stole *your* material in our articles and posts. I would appreciate it if you would either remove the libel, or reply with a correction.

The reason this reflects very poorly on your own credibility is that even one of your own sources, that you clearly respect (given your posts regarding his private comments made directly to you on other, more important, matters), regarding this lying and ignorant forum troll the last time he wrote inaccurate nonsense about us just after one of his bannings, this source said about him:

..he is not only jerk, but what he says is inane. But, I am interested in all psychopaths in "this domain".....

You entertain him, and publish his inane comments, at your own detriment. But then...he certainly isn't the only psychopath in this domain.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Gary » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:53 am

ryguy wrote:http://stargate007.blogspot.com/

But that's a minor issue. Another minor issue that really hurts your credibility, unfortunately, is that you allowed this forum troll and spammer...

To publish libel about RealityUncovered, stating that we stole *your* material in our articles and posts. I would appreciate it if you would either remove the libel, or reply with a correction.

The reason this reflects very poorly on your own credibility is that even one of your own sources, that you clearly respect (given your posts regarding his private comments made directly to you on other, more important, matters), regarding this lying and ignorant forum troll the last time he wrote inaccurate nonsense about us just after one of his bannings, this source said about him:

..he is not only jerk, but what he says is inane. But, I am interested in all psychopaths in "this domain".....

You entertain him, and publish his inane comments, at your own detriment. But then...he certainly isn't the only psychopath in this domain.

-Ry

Blogger Gary S. Bekkum / STARpod.org said...

Gentlemen (?!):

I am not interested in moving a flame war that erupted some time ago at RU ? to my blog.

Kim is entitled to his opinion, right or wrong, but I am tired of the name calling which serves no purpose except to incite the other party.

I am withholding publication of additional commentary until this matter can be resolved.

Gary

February 23, 2008 9:50 PM
Blogger Gary S. Bekkum / STARpod.org said...

Ryan Dube has expressed concern about Kim's comment "RU has seen fit to steal your work."

The investigations at STARpod.org and Reality Uncovered have taken place in parallel, often using the same or related sources. No one "owns" the sources, facts, and circumstances behind the investigations; thus RU could not have "stolen my work." They are certainly entitled to pursue their own investigation, come to their own conclusion and report on their findings.

February 23, 2008 10:48 PM
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:54 am

Thanks for setting the record straight Gary. Sooner or later everyone ends up on Toon’s sh*t list… life’s too short for dealing with toxic people like him.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:14 pm

**Gary's post moved into this thread**

http://stargate007.blogspot.com/2008/02 ... -fbis.html

Rolling Stone Magazine has published an on-line article titled "The Fear Factory" about the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force aka FBI JTTF.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/st ... ar_factory

The tales of FBI's JTTF "outing" of suspected terror suspects is vaguely reminiscent of another story originally targeted for Rolling Stone, "The Real X-Files" by Gus Russo.

According to the author of the article, Guy Lawson:

Since 9/11, the number of such outfits across the country has tripled. With more than 2,000 FBI agents now assigned to 102 task forces, the JTTFs have effectively become a vast, quasi-secret arm of the federal government, granted sweeping new powers that outstrip those of any other law-enforcement agency. The JTTFs consist not only of local police, FBI special agents and federal investigators from Immigration and the IRS, but covert operatives from the CIA. The task forces have thus effectively destroyed the "wall" that historically existed between law enforcement and intelligence-gathering. Under the Bush administration, the JTTFs have been turned into a domestic spy agency, like Britain's MI5 —one with the powers of arrest.

When we first encountered CIA and DIA officers on the Internet who were expressing interest in the strange mixture of UFO physics and persons seeking illegal disclosure of government secrets, we contacted the local FBI office for guidance.

It was the local FBI JTTF that responded to our inquiry:

Gary,

Please call me if with your concerns on this issue. You are correct in
that there are some guidelines that must be followed for contact but, I
am not comfortable detailing those here.

xxx xxxxxx
Joint Terrorism Task Force
Minneapolis, MN

In another possible parallel to the UFO-secrets conspiracies and spooky Intelligence Community (I.C.) interest, author Lawson tells the tale of how the JTTF snared a suspected would-be terrorist:

For all his bluster, Shareef was, by any objective measure, a pathetic and hapless jihadist — one of a new breed of domestic terrorists the federal government has paraded before the media since 9/11. The FBI, in a sense, elevated Shareef, working to transform him from a boastful store clerk into a suicidal mall-bomber. Like many other alleged extremists who have been targeted by the authorities, Shareef didn't know that his brand-new friend —the eager co-conspirator drawing him ever further into a terror plot —was actually an informant for the FBI.

But in backwaters like Rockford, the JTTFs don't have much to do. To find threats to thwart, the task forces have increasingly taken to using paid informants to cajole and inveigle targets like Shareef into pursuing their harebrained schemes.

Is there an analogy between the methods of the JTTF revealed by Lawson and I.C. activity surrounding the UFO subject?

According to article by Gus Russo:

And weaving in and out of all these alleged controversies, especially in the UFO internet chat rooms, are at least three senior intelligence analysts and one retired Air Force Special Investigator: “Tom” (pseudo.), a MASINT specialist (Measures and Signals Intelligence) with a PhD in chemistry and Paul, an aeronautics scholar interested in “breakthrough propulsion and gravity-modification technologies,” work down the hall from each at the Directorate of National Intelligence (DNI) headquarters in Washington. “Jim” (pseudo.), a physician and former CIA officer in the Directorate of Science and Technology, maintains his security clearance, and travels back to Washington often to work on classified psychological studies. Richard “Rick” Doty, a longtime friend and colleague of Jim, was an investigator assigned the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI).

Lawson writes:

In the affidavit sworn by an FBI special agent in support of Shareef's indictment, the co-conspirator who called himself Jameel is known only as "CS" (Cooperating Source). In fact, CS was William Chrisman, a former crack dealer with a conviction for attempted robbery who was paid $8,500 by the JTTF and dispatched specifically to set up Shareef. Like other informants in terrorism cases, Chrisman had been "tasked" by federal agents to indulge and escalate Shareef's fantasies — while carefully ensuring that Shareef incriminated himself.

Are the I.C. officials who regularly interact on the Internet with UFO enthusiasts, alternative physics scientists, and foreign nationals really serious about their activities, or are they merely seeking personal diversions to take their minds off a hard day at the Intel Desk?

Lawson questioned JTTF sources about their work:

"What is the biggest threat?" I ask.

There is a long pause.

"I think it's very dangerous if we start to identify that," an analyst named Julie Irvine says.

"The enemy is listening," Assistant Special Agent in Charge Gregory Fowler adds later. "I drill that into my people's heads every day. Foreign-intelligence agencies and terrorists are listening. The FBI is on a war footing."

When I express skepticism at the nature of the cases being brought by the JTTF, and the wild-goose chases that seem to occupy its time, Fowler says people don't understand the "threat stream" facing the nation.

After examining the I.C. interest in the UFO crowd, Gus Russo concluded:

Tom’s motivation, it now appears certain, can be summed up in two words: national security. In a recent interview, a senior intelligence official who is familiar with spooks in cyberspace explained, “Tom is interested in the subject because, one, he is concerned that DIA officers parading as CIA officers -- a felony -- are leaking classified material to the UFO groups. He also knows that in years past the KGB used parapsychology and paranormal groups to get to military people with classified information. He is concerned that any enemy group could easily use these forums to search out national security secrets.”

One abject lesson for the UFO community comes by analogy with a tale told to Lawson about the kind of investigations conducted by the JTTF, even when it appears that the source is not credible:

Gutierrez offers another instance of the JTTF at work. A man of apparent Middle Eastern background came into a Chicago police station and said he worked for the Department of Defense and he had top-secret documents in his truck, which had been stolen. He also said his roommate was a terrorist. The man appeared to be a kook. But an allegation had been made. The JTTF was contacted. Gutierrez was called out, and he interviewed the subject. He soon verified that the man was, in fact, nuts. But the matter didn't end there.

"We interviewed the roommate," Gutierrez says. "He was an Egyptian. We ran his name. He was here illegally. ICE [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] was there within two hours. I've never seen ICE react the way they did. They came out and took physical custody of the guy. They kept him until his court hearing, and he was sent overseas."

It is often forgotten that alternative technologies -- like the exotic propulsion concepts explored at the annual STAIF conference, where exotic concepts are managed by a DIA official -- may have the potential to become new weapons of mass destruction. What is the level of concern?

Lawson asked Mark Lundgren, a special agent who oversees the TLOC -- the Terrorism Liaison Officer's Committee:

"Without getting too philosophical, remember the whole Dick Cheney one percent solution," Lundgren continues. "If there is a one percent chance that a device can be constructed that will kill thousands, or hundreds of thousands, of people, then we have to treat our response as if there were a 100 percent chance. That's a thing that gets lost in the view of the public when they see the intelligence-gathering of law enforcement. They get concerned about their civil liberties and the Constitution because of the way things are portrayed in the media."

We can shine a light on the relationship of the I.C. to the UFO world by quoting an email from a Senior Intelligence Official, sent in response to a draft of a story we were about to publish about the I.C. interest in UFOlogists:

"Please delete this entire paragraph. I can see you understand the importance of not revealing sources. It is even more important not to reveal methods as these potentially can be applied to multiple sources."

http://stargate007.blogspot.com/2008/02 ... -fbis.html
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Gary » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:51 am

What follows is mostly taken from the FBI website.

IMHO it serves to illustrate the sources, methods, and madness behind the real world of espionage. It also provides a reasonable backdrop against which we may compare elements of the UFO worlds of spies, lies, and polygraph tape:

http://stargate007.blogspot.com/2008/02 ... trade.html

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

FBI on Tricks of the Spy Trade

There were secret meetings in restaurants, encrypted e-mail messages using a mysterious shorthand, suitcases crammed full of stolen documents.

There were covert payoffs: a pocket stuffed with a wad of bills, free poker games in Vegas, a wallet suddenly flush with cash.

There were bogus cover stories for trips to the “motherland” where secrets were passed and clandestine couriers who helped deliver materials into foreign hands.

If it all sounds very cloak and dagger, that’s because it is. Two cases worked by the FBI and its partners and brought to fruition Monday with four arrests on opposite coasts had all the intrigue of a good spy novel.

So begins the FBI's version of their latest success story in the war against foreign spies on American soil.

And by a curious twist of fate, the tales of spies, lies, and polygraph tape often appear to parallel many of the characteristics noted by the FBI.

According to the FBI's web site, here are some of the basics of the spy craft you should know:

Know What Spies Want
At the top of their country’s hit lists:
• The inside skinny on our government’s policies and intentions towards their country.
• Details on U.S. military plans and weapons systems.
• The crown jewels of our economy: our nation’s best scientific and technological innovations and research, both public and private.
• Cutting edge U.S. management practices, which themselves are a valuable asset.

Know Their Favorite “Disguises”
• Representatives at supposed “research institutes”;
• Visiting business professionals and scientists who want to tour your state-of-the-art plants and operations worldwide (a great place to take pictures and make friends);
• Tourists or visitors on non-immigrant visas;
• Diplomatic officials, the standard cover;
• False front companies; and
• Students and educators.

Know Their Collection Strategies
Here are just a few you might not expect:
• Out of the blue, you get a call asking for the latest manual for one of your products. Or someone shows up unannounced at your plant and asks to buy large quantities of your electronics. The end game? They dissect your products and then go out and start producing the technologies themselves.
• You hire a foreign-born engineer who has been educated in this country. Over a 10-15 year period, she rises to mid-level management. Then, she returns to her home country—where she gets paid by that government to set up a business that competes with yours.
• A series of university students and professors from overseas take jobs in research labs on campus and get involved in related military projects. Individually, they learn only bits and pieces. But collectively, when they pass that information back to their home country, it paints a telling picture of our country’s defense initiatives.
• Foreign intelligence operatives strike up a relationship with a business professional, tourist, diplomat, expatriate, or student visiting their country. At first, it’s a purely social relationship. But then it slowly turns to talk of what that person may know. In some cases, that person may end up selling vital secrets for cash.

The FBI website also documents several case studies of espionage.

Here are a few of the details excerpted from a variety of FBI cases:

--- According to information previously disclosed in court, from approximately 1997 through at least August 2004, British nationals Babar Ahmad, Syed Talha Ahsan and others, through an organization based in London called Azzam Publications, are alleged to have conspired to provide material support and resources to persons engaged in acts of terrorism through the creation and use of various internet web sites, e-mail communications, and other means. One of the means Ahmad and his coconspirators are alleged to have used in this effort was the management of various Azzam Publications websites, principally www.azzam.com, which, along with associated administrative email accounts, were hosted for a period of time on the servers of a web hosting company located in the State of Connecticut. During a December 2003 search of Ahmad's residence in London, British law enforcement officers recovered a computer floppy disk that contained a password-protected document that set forth previously classified information regarding the movements of a United States Navy battle group that was charged with enforcing sanctions against the Taliban and engaging in missions against Al Qaeda. The information included details on the battle group's movements as it was to transit from California to the Gulf region in the spring of 2001. The document went on to discuss the battle group's perceived vulnerability to terrorist attack. Additional investigation and computer forensic analysis later determined that Syed Talha Ahsan allegedly possessed, accessed, modified and re-saved the electronic battle group file before it was found in Ahmad's possession.

---Silicon Valley generates so many of the ideas and innovations in technology that give this country an economic edge and we are committed to working with and protecting the companies who are robbed of their valuable trade secrets." Mr. Ye and Mr. Zhong today admitted that they intended to utilize the trade secrets in designing a computer microprocessor that was to be manufactured and marketed by a company that they had established, known as Supervision, Inc. In pleading guilty, Mr. Ye and Mr. Zhong admitted that Supervision was to have provided a share of any profits made on sales of chips to the City of Hangzhou and the Province of Zhejiang in China, from which Supervision was to receive funding. Mr. Ye and Mr. Zhong further admitted that their company had applied for funding from the National High Technology Research and Development Program of China, commonly known as the "863 Program."

--- Xiu Ling Chen, Hao Li Chen, and Kwan Chun Chan each pleaded guilty to one-count Informations charging conspiracy to violate United States export laws, namely the Export Administration Act and the Arms Export Control Act. The four defendants were arrested on July 1, 2004, on a criminal Complaint that resulted from an investigation that began in January 2003 by a multi-agency task force consisting of agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the U.S. Department of Commerce. The defendants pleaded guilty to illegally exporting items that are used in a wide variety of defense weapons systems, including radar, smart weapons, electronic warfare and communications. According to the Informations to which the defendants pleaded guilty, the illegal exports were destined for entities controlled by the Chinese government. Among those entities was a Chinese research institute that the United States government has identified as posing an unacceptable risk in the development of weapons of mass destruction or missiles used to deliver weapons of mass destruction. At their plea hearings, the defendants admitted that they used various techniques to conceal their export activities, such as providing false written and verbal statements that purported that the recipient of the restricted items was a United States corporation rather than a government entity of the People’s Republic of China, and falsifying shipping documents to conceal the true contents of their shipments to China.

--- Park, 58, a lawful permanent resident of the United States, engaged in conduct in the United States on behalf of the South Korea by, among other things, obtaining information from officials of another foreign government and providing that information to South Korean officials in exchange for payment. For example, during a recorded telephone call, Park relayed to a South Korean official working in Manhattan that officials of the other foreign government had asked Park to help them obtain certain items, including insecticides and anesthetics. However, the complaint alleges, on three occasions in 2005 and 2007, Park gave false information to FBI agents regarding his contacts with or knowledge of certain South Korean officials. For example, on March 20, 2007, FBI agents showed Park photographs of certain South Korean officials working in Manhattan, and Park stated that he did not know two of the officials. Park then drove directly from that FBI interview to a restaurant in New Jersey, where he met with one of the South Korean officials he claimed not to know.

--- Najib Shemami, 58, of Sterling Heights, was charged by a federal grand jury in a four-count indictment. The indictment alleges that between March 2002 and early 2003, Shemami conspired with others to act as an agent of the Government of Iraq without notification to the Attorney General of the United States, as required by law. The indictment alleges that Shemami traveled from Michigan to Iraq on several occasions and met with officers of the Iraqi Intelligence Service (“IIS”) before the March 2003 invasion of Iraq by coalition forces. During these meetings, the indictment alleges, Shemami reported information relating to the activities of Iraqi expatriates in the United States, potential candidates for political office in Iraq, and U.S. and Turkish military activities he had observed in Turkey before the U.S. entry into Iraq in 2003.

--- Among other things, the jury found that in the early 1990s, a committee of senior officers and directors from the Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS), also known as the Mukhabbarat, created a program to “plant” IIS agents overseas to support the strategic interests of the IIS and Government of Iraq. The IIS Committee selected Latchin, an IIS agent, for placement in the United States as a “sleeper” agent. Latchin was tasked to immigrate to the United States, find employment, gain U.S. citizenship, and eventually provide intelligence information to the Iraqi government. Latchin immigrated to the United States in 1993 and, from that date and continuing through at least July 2002, he acted as an illegal agent of the Iraqi government in the United States. He communicated with intelligence officers of the IIS; traveled to Europe, Iraq, Jordan and other locations to meet with intelligence officers of the IIS and received payments from the Iraqi government, including a $24,000 payment from two IIS intelligence officers he met in Jordan.

--- XIAODONG SHELDON MENG, 42, is charged with stealing military combat and commercial simulation software and other materials from his former employer Quantum3D, a company based in San Jose, California. The economic espionage charges allege that Meng, formerly a resident of Beijing, China, and a resident of Cupertino, California, stole the trade secrets from Quantum3D with the intent that they would be used to benefit the foreign governments of China, Thailand, and Malaysia. United States Attorney Kevin V. Ryan stated, "This case highlights the vital importance of protecting the intellectual property and trade secrets not only in Silicon Valley but also for our country's businesses. The alleged economic espionage and theft and export of trade secrets such as these—visual simulation training software that has military application, no less—has real consequences that could jeopardize our country's military advantages in the world, in addition to creating substantial financial losses for our businesses which legitimately developed and owned this information. We are grateful to our law enforcement partners for taking swift and appropriate action here, and also want to acknowledge the pivotal role private industry's ready cooperation has in these investigations."

--- According to the Indictment, for nearly thirty years, Carlos Alvarez and Elsa Alvarez served as agents of the Republic of Cuba's Directorate of Intelligence and its predecessor agencies, gathering information within the United States on matters of interest to the Cuban government, informing on anti-Castro individuals and groups and other elements of the Cuban exile community in South Florida, and carrying out other operational directives. Both defendants are employed by Florida International University, in Miami, Florida. According to the Indictment, the Directorate of Intelligence provided training and technology to agents, including Carlos Alvarez and Elsa Alvarez, that would allow the receipt of instructions and assignments from the Cuban government, the recording of information and data within the United States of interest to the Cuban government, and the transmission of that information and data back to the Cuban government for evaluation and further action. The Indictment alleges that the Directorate of Intelligence carried out its activities with extreme concern for secrecy, including through the use of code names, meetings in various countries to avoid detection, concealed communications techniques, encryption and decryption of the contents of communications, and compartmentalization of agents and functions. The Indictment further alleges that as agents of the Directorate of Intelligence, defendants Carlos Alvarez and Elsa Alvarez were subject to these secretive procedures, and failed to provide notification of their presence within the United States to the Attorney General, as required by law.

You can help prevent espionage and potentially earn a reward of up to $500,000 by reporting suspicious activities. Contact the FBI field office nearest you and ask to speak with our Counterintelligence Domain Coordinator. Or submit an anonymous tip online.

To report suspected or suspicious activities, contact the FBI field office nearest you and ask to speak with our Counterintelligence Domain Coordinator. Or submit an anonymous tip online.

Posted by Gary S. Bekkum / STARpod.org at 5:40 PM
Last edited by Gary on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:35 am

Gary wrote:You can help prevent espionage and potentially earn a reward of up to $500,000 by reporting suspicious activities. Contact the FBI field office nearest you and ask to speak with our Counterintelligence Domain Coordinator. Or submit an anonymous tip online.

Interesting... hunting down spies working for foreign governments sure pays much better than researching and writing!

:)

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

UFO Core Story: The DIA "Phenomenology Problem"

Postby Gary » Tue May 27, 2008 5:33 am

Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Google

Return to UFOs