STEPHENVILLE, TX - Rash of UFO Sightings

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: STEPHENVILLE, TX - Rash of UFO Sightings

Postby Access Denied » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:11 am

Popular Mechanics weighs in…

UFO Myths: A Special Investigation into Stephenville and Other Major Sightings
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science ... ?series=74

Not too bad but somewhat of a missed opportunity in terms of exposing what I feel was a deliberate obfuscation of the radar data by the authors of the MUFON report as evidenced by, for example, this statement from the witness who’s highly questionable (and changing) account started it all…

Some locals have become skeptical about the motives of MUFON. “Who funds it?” asks Steve Allen.

:roll:

This coming from someone who’s motive in all this, in addition to (former) Stephenville Empire-Tribune reporter Angelia Joiner who’s now on the UFO circuit promoting this story “Linda Moulton Howe style”, I found most suspect from the beginning.

Consider this statement in the Empire-Tribune from Steve Allen on January 13th, 2008 when MUFON decided to get in on the act…

Allen said he has been speaking with a Hillsboro resident who wishes to remain anonymous but is offering a substantial reward for authentic local pictures or videos to assist with validation of the claim. Allen is the owner of L & S Enterprises and Texas Freight in Glen Rose and can be reached at 254-898-1117.

The PM article does mention this though…

By mid-February the Empire-Tribune had lost interest in the Stephenville lights; their reporter Joiner had not. She left the paper to run a Web site about the sightings, funded by Allen.

Follow the money… ;)

[also posted at Bad Astronomy]
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Re: STEPHENVILLE, TX - Rash of UFO Sightings

Postby longhaircowboy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:04 pm

I sat down today at the local library and read the PM article. Didn't see the consistencey in witness testimony that you would think there. And there is mention of some conflict with the witness'. One even accuses some of exageration. I liked the section on military craft relating to UFO reports.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs