Project Camelot & Dan Burisch

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Project Camelot & Dan Burisch

Postby ryguy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:13 pm

Shawnna wrote:Most know what I believe about Dan Burisch so I won't go there.

What I will say is that as I've been reading about "The Family" and their involvement in our government here in the US, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that "they" somehow had a hand in a "denial of service" attack on a site like Project Camelot that doesn't help them with their stated objective - "A New World Order" under Jesus.

Shawnna...I don't mean to disagree, but without any sort of evidence to back it, isn't the above statement the same thing as Bill Ryan constantly claiming that he suspects "agents" of the U.S. government are responsible...without any evidence to support that claim?

If we go down that road - we could say we wouldn't be surprised a number of groups are responsible - including Scientology, the Illuminati, or the Men in Black.

In my own opinion, based on Bill Ryan's propensity to jump to those kinds of outlandish "suspicions" without an ounce of evidence to support it - Occam's Razor forces us to consider the simplest cause. That is - server technical difficulties, or regular webserver maintenance forcing a reboot. Trusting Bill's claim that it was a "denial of service" attack in the first place is dangerous, considering he probably doesn't even know what a DoD attack is. He just thinks it sounds like a spooky enough explanation for the outage to get people excited.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Shawnna » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:37 pm

Very true, Ryan.

My apology for sharing my thoughts.

From now on, I won't post anything without hard evidence.

However, if you read the book I've linked, you'll see there is quite a bit of hard evidence showing that very powerful people within our US government are deeply involved with this intentionally invisible group.

From my perspective, it is quite possible that what we are seeing played out before our eyes is a battle of ideologies.

Again - my apologies for posting my opinion without hard evidence.

*slinking back into my reading hole*
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:55 am

Shawnna wrote:What I will say is that as I've been reading about "The Family" and their involvement in our government here in the US, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that "they" somehow had a hand in a "denial of service" attack on a site like Project Camelot that doesn't help them with their stated objective - "A New World Order" under Jesus.

My $0.02?

1. You're probably giving "The Family" too much credit. (see my response in the thread you linked to)

2. You're definitely giving Project Camelot WAY too much credit. (they’re on the fringe of the fringe)

3. Any “New World Order” under Jesus or any other religion for that matter doesn’t stand a chance in hell.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:26 am

Access Denied wrote:3. Any “New World Order” under Jesus or any other religion for that matter doesn’t stand a chance in hell.

LOL!!

That was probably the best pun I've read in a very, very long time...haha...

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Shawnna » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:33 pm

AD - I saw your post in the other thread and it is very disappointing to see you take such a firm stance on a group that you obviously know nothing about given you admit to not having read the book.

And with that, I think I'll take my leave from RU.

Have fun.
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Inconceivable » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:51 pm

I've worked in the IT security business and met with executives at major corporations who were directly involved in combatting DOS. What I came away with was that a) DOS is a big concern b) it happens much more frequently than most would think, and c) they don't like to disclose anything about it to the public unless it has a material impact on the financials or the DOS succeeds in an obvious way that requires a PR statement.

Also, corporate IT security is not without defensive measures. They've become much more sophisticated in defeating DOS and the tools for detecting when under attack have become much more advanced. However, those hosting Project Camelot may not be very sophisticated in defending against this type of attack. They may lack the experience and tools to do so or this may be their first serious attack. it's not surprising to see those who like to launch DOS pick an easier prey from time to time.

But really, DOS attacks happen frequently. The purveyors don't need much of a reason more than some personal grudge or a whim. Project Camelot can make up all the conspiracy theories they want. But it's like saying if someone steals your car it was because they were personally out to get YOU. It's a bit paranoid if you ask me. But it fits in with the running theme of their site.
Ufology today is a minefield of con-artists, hoaxsters, disinformers, the disinformed, the gullible and even the mentally ill. But you have to admit, it's great entertainment!
Inconceivable

Postby Access Denied » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:57 am

Excellent analysis Inconceivable... I find that entirely conceivable. :)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby simonespeaks » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:28 pm

nnnn
Last edited by simonespeaks on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonespeaks

Postby ryguy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:27 pm

simonespeaks wrote:Some time back, when I was still in adherance to the popular ufo-belief bandwagon's 'whistleblowers-will-help-disclosure' mindset, I e-mailed the Project Cameflops, and hinted at (because it's a lonnnng story) an incident that happened to me, during my work in crypto in the USAF.

I'm pleased to learn that you've broken free from the bandwagon infection. :)

I befell a situation that is very much like Gary McKinnon's, with bit of 'The-X-Files'(y-ness) thrown in. It's really a SUPER interesting drama, even though it happened to me. Annnnd unlike the other whistleblower yarns, I have official documentation to back up my claims. Cameflop's reaction to me, was to provide links to their own chosen whistleblowers interviews. NOT ONE TEENSY question to me, not one. No curiosity, at least.

Yes, he's a self-promoter, not a journalist. Hey - I have an incurable curiousity, and you've just sparked my interest. Would you be interested in further discussion about it?

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby simonespeaks » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:53 pm

nnnn
Last edited by simonespeaks on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonespeaks

Postby ryguy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Yes, I was actually referring to some intensive discussions via skype chat, Yahoo IM chat, email, phone or whatever works best for you. I've interviewed folks from exorcists in Italy to pet psychics in California...so I understand the levels of confidentiality and anonymity that many people request when discussing the paranormal.

What I had in mind was maybe a few sessions where we can just chat about your experiences. If it's something that's supported by some good solid evidence, overwhelmingly authentic and shocking - then I would devote a significant amount of time writing an article and/or interview publication for the RU main web page. We prefer working with people who are willing to sincerely "blow the whistle" with their real name and identity (none of the anonymous stuff) and providing proof that would make any skeptic stand up and take notice. That's the kind of thing I'd love to sink my teeth into and put out there.

If you're up for trying it out, maybe we can chat? You can reach me via PM on here and I can provide you with my email address where we can maybe get started just chatting for a bit and getting to know each other - then you can decide if you're interested in moving forward and letting your story be heard?

Best,
-Ryan
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Oh...I should add, by the way, that I'm not at all interested in learning about any of the classified work or information you may have seen. My only interest is in anything to do with paranormal/odd personal experiences. In this line of work, I've learned enough to know not to start asking for classified information - there are some people who don't appreciate that sort of thing. ;)

And I have absolutely no interest in becoming a journalist with a pound or two of classified material landing in my lap. I'd have to report that to the appropriate authorities. So if we're clear on the ground rules - let's roll! :)

Best,
-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs