George P. Hansen -- Spooks and 'spooks' ?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

George P. Hansen -- Spooks and 'spooks' ?

Postby Gary » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:34 am

http://paranormaltrickster.blogspot.com ... -john.html

Alexander has spent some time with Novel and has flaunted the affiliation, perhaps in an attempt to intimidate others. Martin Cannon, an investigator who has written on government mind-control projects, received a call from Alexander’s wife on May 30, 1993. She left a message on his answering machine saying: “Martin, as an ex-friend I have to warn you. John and Hal [Puthoff] are really pissed off at you. And they’ve given the matter over to Gordon [Novel] to handle. Watch out.” Cannon had no idea what had provoked the threat, but in his book The Controllers he had suggested that perhaps some UFO abduction accounts were actually due to screen memories imposed on the victims of a government mind-control program in order to conceal other atrocities. Cannon was well aware of Alexander’s interest in UFO abductions and of Novel’s background. He was quite alarmed, and the day he received the message, he called and played me the tape. I suggested that he alert a number of people in the media, and he also notified the FBI.

But Cannon was not the only one targeted by Alexander. Armen Victorian of England was one of the most effective researchers to use the U.S. Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to uncover government involvement in paranormal areas. Citing the FOIA, Victorian requested information about research at Los Alamos National Laboratory, but it was denied him. Undeterred, he placed a second request, seeking copies of all paperwork relating to the denial. Victorian thereby obtained a memorandum written by John Alexander to Gilbert Ortiz, dated 28 September 1993. In that memo, Alexander discussed Victorian and specifically complained about his role in the expose of Bruce Maccabee, a Navy physicist who spread rumors that the U.S. government knew of ET alien bases on earth. (Maccabee is scheduled to speak at X-Conference 2008.)

Alexander’s memo revealed that the CIA had requested “British Intelligence and the police to assist in resolving problems with” Victorian. Alexander did not discuss court action, legal remedies, or regulations that might be used to deny information. Rather it implied retaliation by government agents without due process, a serious abuse of power. Victorian subsequently reported that his home and car were broken into, that computer disks and other records stolen, and that someone had tampered with his mail. After an account of all this appeared in the January 1, 1995 edition of British newspaper The Observer his problems seemed to stop.
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: George P. Hansen -- Spooks and 'spooks' ?

Postby uberarcanist » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:59 am

My question is, what exactly was Victorian hoping to find out about Los Alamos?
867-5309
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:53 pm

Armen was a foreigner attempting, repeatedly, to access and or ellicit information about a facility that conduct top secret classified work.

Why would we be surprised if he was monitored, searched, or "checked out" in general - by agents of the U.S. Government? I would hope that they would keep a close eye on foreigners who are trying to access some of our most highly classified research facilities...

That first paragraph has some great information in it...thanks for posting it Gary.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby uberarcanist » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:01 pm

I agree, Ryan, but the question remains: just what was he after or was this just some kind of general purpose fishing expedition?
867-5309
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Gary » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:14 pm

In the 1980s Los Alamos was engaged in psychic research and reported detection of a psychic signal, something which is referenced in the STAR GATE SAIC studies. SAIC was unable to duplicate the results, however.

There is of course a strong relationship between the psychic signals and interest in all things UFO-related, coming from the exotic technology interpretation.
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gary » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:17 pm

ryguy wrote:Armen was a foreigner attempting, repeatedly, to access and or ellicit information about a facility that conduct top secret classified work.

Why would be be surprised if he was monitored, searched, or "checked out" in general - but agents of the U.S. Government? I would hope that they would keep a close eye on foreigners who are trying to access some of our most highly classified research facilities...

That first paragraph has some great information in it...thanks for posting it Gary.

-Ry

BTW re: The reference to Gordon: When Ron expressed concern about SSR in a private email he sent to me, he cc'd Gordon who then also replied to the concern. Gordon was never less than a gentleman in his response.
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Google

Return to UFOs