The Truman Signature

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

The Truman Signature

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:48 pm

Hello everyone,
I have posted an article on the website here that discusses the controversial Truman Forrestal Memo - part of the infamous Majestic 12 documents.

Let me know what you think by posting your thoughts in this thread.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Re: The Truman Signature

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:57 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:Hello everyone,
I have posted an article on the website here that discusses the controversial Truman Forrestal Memo - part of the infamous Majestic 12 documents.

Cheers,
Zep

My own belief is that the Truman Forestal memorandum is genuine but altered. The Truman signature on the extant document is obviously a faked copy- Ryan Wood’s awkward pantograph theory notwithstanding.

But consider this:

It is a well known courtroom method in both direct and cross examination that by discrediting a single point of testimony the entire testimony is impeached.

The substitution, i.e 'planting' of a copied signature- containing the ‘white-out flaws’- for the original signature was done as an invitation to forensic analysts to impeach a single point of fact and thereby the entire testimony- in this case the field of Ufology in toto. (It would have been assumed with high confidence by disinfo agents that the document used as the source of the copied signature would have been discovered by such a thorough and tenacious researcher as Stan Friedman. This, in fact, did happen.) The disinfo ploy seems to have worked. It brought Stan Friedman and the entire body of MJ12 docs under a cloud of suspicion from which they have never fully recovered.

Was this a Bill Moore/ Rick Doty operation? Who knows?

Best, Kim
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Re: The Truman Signature

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:25 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:
Zep Tepi wrote:Hello everyone,

Cheers,
Zep

My own belief is that the Truman Forestal memorandum is genuine but altered. The Truman signature on the extant document is obviously a faked copy- Ryan Wood’s awkward pantograph theory notwithstanding.

That particular theory is indeed awkward. Not least because for a memo of this particular magnitude it's not as if he would sign it along with his autographs LOL

But consider this:

It is a well known courtroom method in both direct and cross examination that by discrediting a single point of testimony the entire testimony is impeached.

The substitution, i.e 'planting' of a copied signature- containing the ‘white-out flaws’- for the original signature was done as an invitation to forensic analysts to impeach a single point of fact and thereby the entire testimony- in this case the field of Ufology in toto. (It would have been assumed with high confidence by disinfo agents that the document used as the source of the copied signature would have been discovered by such a thorough and tenacious researcher as Stan Friedman. This, in fact, did happen.) The disinfo ploy seems to have worked. It brought Stan Friedman and the entire body of MJ12 docs under a cloud of suspicion from which they have never fully recovered.

Was this a Bill Moore/ Rick Doty operation? Who knows?

Best, Kim

You make some good points Kim. There are many other aspects to the Majestic 12 documents that cast doubt on their authenticity. I will be looking into each of these in future articles.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:37 pm

i agree that they have some problems. but if we start with the premise that they are real rather than fakes the field becomes more promising and significant. i have to go with stan friedman and the ryans on this. they are real but screwed with by disinfo agents. bill moore comes always to mind. on the other hand (there's always another hand, no?), i have yet come to any satisfactory conclusion on the som1 anachronism concerning downed satellites as a cover story when the first satellite wasn't launched until 2 years after the document was written. perhaps my take on the signature disinfo applies here too. i think it does, actually.

keep up the great work!!

best,

your favorite cartoon
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby ScaRZ » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:23 pm

You make some very good points...cartoon...and must say I agree with you.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dragonfire » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:59 am

Actually, it makes perfectly good sense. especially if your the Gov and something has, shall we say, slipped through the cracks :wink:

I agree with cartoon guy :)
Irritating the world, one person at a time
dragonfire
Latrine Only

Google

Return to UFOs