The Hunt for Gordon Cooper’s UFOs

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: The Hunt for Gordon Cooper’s UFOs

Postby calcoastseeker » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:00 am

There is not ball lightning in that area. Adak is called "The birthplace of the winds" because it blows hard all the time.
They don't even have thunder and lightning storms-ever.The damn rain,and it rained all the time, rained side ways.They were called williwaws.
This is the 2nd time I have encountered someone that was there about the same time, that mentioned objects hovering in the air over sensitive areas of the base.

I am not sure about the going on's at Edwards. I am sure if there was any activity on the flight line involving aircraft, then the crash crew were present and these two guys or one of the others were too.They were strictly working crash and not fire during their period there.

I guess will never know....

But these two gentlemen were straight up no nonsense guys.Ed went on to be the first Fire Chief at Prudhoe Bay when they in the process of getting the pipe line up and running.That was April 1975.Ron became the Fire Chief at Adak.

So,I guess if the UFO's at Edwards never happened then I suppose the Bigfoot sightings on the base by the security forces is just BS too.
http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/edwards.htm
Or maybe this which is near the Antelope Valley where Edwards is located.
http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/saugus.htm :shock:
calcoastseeker

Postby Access Denied » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:33 am

calcoastseeker wrote:There is not ball lightning in that area. Adak is called "The birthplace of the winds" because it blows hard all the time.
They don't even have thunder and lightning storms-ever.The damn rain,and it rained all the time, rained side ways.They were called williwaws.

Rare but apparently not unheard of...

http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF3/311.html

*shrugs*

calcoastseeker wrote:So,I guess if the UFO's at Edwards never happened then I suppose the Bigfoot sightings on the base by the security forces is just BS too.

I’d say that’s probably a reasonable assumption. ;)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby torbjon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:17 pm

Mitkoff is no where near Adak (look at a map) however, in the ten years that I was on the rock I never saw lightning coming from north or west (the ocean, and the direction of Adak). The ONE time I saw "real" lightning was after a squall had passed the island and hit the Canadian mainland... over the mainland there were some flashes...

It was such an "historic" event that folks on the rock stopped work to watch, and I even wrote a lame assed poem about it (see the Ttown library).

This is a two edged sword: On the one hand the chances of "ball lightning" forming in that part of the world are next to Nil, but on the other hand, IF it should form there then the locals would be pretty much unprepared to explain it as that type of light show doesn't seem to occur very often, perhaps not even once per lifetime...

twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby lost_shaman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:38 am

torbjon wrote:This is a two edged sword: On the one hand the chances of "ball lightning" forming in that part of the world are next to Nil, but on the other hand, IF it should form there then the locals would be pretty much unprepared to explain it as that type of light show doesn't seem to occur very often, perhaps not even once per lifetime...

twj

That's very interesting what you just said above twj.

You see Ball Lightning and UAP sometimes share similar characteristics. The difference being that Ball lightning is associated with normal lightning strikes and UAP occur in all weather conditions and tend to last more than 30 seconds in duration.

This is part of the reason that both UAP and Ball lightning are suggested/considered to both be long lived atmospheric plasmas.

UAP, unlike Ball lightning, is not dependant on local weather patterns. If we were to assume you are correct about the unlikely-hood of Ball lightning occuring in this particular area then we should be able to question locals about sightings and the duration of individual sightings should average above 30 seconds, and be independent of normal lightning strikes, which would conform to UAP sightings.
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:24 pm

calcoastseeker wrote: I am retired military, U.S.Navy. My first duty station after apprentice training was at Naval Station,Adak,Alaska. I was assigned to the fire department as a fireman. I was not to keen on the idea of riding on the back step of a fire truck or fighting fires so being a reasonably intelligent person and one of the few in the department that completed high school and could read and write, I got the job of department dispatcher.

calcoastseeker - two questions.

#1 - Have you ever met personally with Bruce Maccabee to discuss your experiences?

#2 - Would you be interested in doing me the honor of a phone interview? You can find my other interviews posted around the internet (paranormal.lovetoknow.com and AssociatedContent.com), and I'd be honored to have an opportunity to speak with you.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby torbjon » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:44 am

Shaman:

All the "atmospheric plasma" (northern lights) that I saw during my stay in Alaska was high altitude stuff. Anywhere from 'mundane' big greenish cloud like patches to 'spectacular' big multicolored fast moving tendrils.. So actually they had two things in common: high altitude and BIG.

Some of the more tendril like shows had an 'organic' feel to it... say, like a squid or octopus swimming in the sky.

I wouldn't even want to hazard to guess how a 'blob' of that stuff near ground level would behave or be interpreted by witnesses.
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby lost_shaman » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:23 am

torbjon wrote:Shaman:

All the "atmospheric plasma" (northern lights) that I saw during my stay in Alaska was high altitude stuff. Anywhere from 'mundane' big greenish cloud like patches to 'spectacular' big multicolored fast moving tendrils.. So actually they had two things in common: high altitude and BIG.

Some of the more tendril like shows had an 'organic' feel to it... say, like a squid or octopus swimming in the sky.

I wouldn't even want to hazard to guess how a 'blob' of that stuff near ground level would behave or be interpreted by witnesses.

Hey Torbjon,

Here's the 'Rub'... UAP are not associated with the "Northern Lights".

We are talking about a phenomena that explains the majority of world wide observations that are deemed as 'unknown'.
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs