Chicago Weather: November 07, 2006

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Chicago Weather: November 07, 2006

Postby torbjon » Wed May 07, 2008 1:35 am

I'm not sure if anybody has ran with this yet or how valuable the information may be, but I spent a lot of time locating these images and to my knowledge (which is not every extensive) this collection of images has only been presented together like this in a difficult to find location (a page of mine documenting another event)

To assist anyone who may still be investigating this incident I would like to offer this information here.

On November 07, 2006 something happened at the Chicago O'Hare airport . What that something is is still being debated. There has been much talk and debate over the incident. At the time that I was participating in the discussion / debate / investigation there was a great deal of talk about the weather conditions on that day in the Chicago area. However, At That Time no one seemed to be trying to find actual photographic evidence depicting the weather As It Would Be Seen In A Photograph.

Since that time I have become far removed from the debate / investigation. IF the following information has already been presented and incorporated into the investigation my sincerest apologies for wasting your time.

If not, then I would like to present them here to assist anyone who may still be working on that case. I found a total of 9 images depicting weather conditions in Chicago on November 07, 2006, taken throughout the day.
=========

MORNING
4 images taken with Kodak EasyShare CX7300 http://www.flickr.com/cameras/kodak/cx7300/

This is a blog. Scroll down to the November 7th entry. There are five images. Four of them show weather conditions. Note the "little glow balls" in two of the pictures.

Original Image Source:
http://howardwatchers.blogspot.com/2006 ... chive.html

AFTERNOON
2 images taken with Canon PowerShot SD500 http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/powershot_sd500/

Original Image Source:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alspic/298 ... otostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alspic/299 ... otostream/

EVENING/NIGHT
2 images. No camera information was given.

Original Image Source:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dshot/2961 ... otostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dshot/2961 ... otostream/

LATE NIGHT
1 image taken with Canon EOS 20D http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_20d/

Original Image Source:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinajean/292620714/

===============

None of these images were taken at the Exact time of the O'Hare event, however it is a nice collection of General weather conditions in the General area on the day in question and should help the discussion as far as General visibility throughout the day, the type of cloud cover the "hole" would have appeared in, etc.

Good night, good luck, and have a pleasant tomorrow.
twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: Chicago Weather: November 07, 2006

Postby lost_shaman » Wed May 07, 2008 3:48 am

Hey torbjon,

Thanks for posting this.

Your 'sleuthing' here was very invaluable IMO. Looking at the pictures found from Chicago Nov. 7th, 2006 taken at different times throughout the day the eyewitness accounts of the 'object'/UAP being 'hard to focus on' makes more sense considering we don't see any distinct 'ceiling' to the 'clouds'/fog in the pictures throughout the day that you were able to find.

One gets the feeling that anything underneath the 'ceiling' of the 'cloud layer' as reported would be clear sky, thus a clear view of the UFO, but the images we actually have from Chicago on Nov. 7th 2006 (mainly thanks to torbjon) show that ground observers likely had only limited view of the actual 'ceiling' also an obscuring of any 'object' below the 'ceiling' would have likely occurred and is what eyewitnesses apparently are reporting.

My opinion is that we are dealing with actual eyewitness' descriptions of an actual observation of UAP.
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby torbjon » Wed May 07, 2008 4:14 am

Thanks Shaman,

As I've said on numerous occasions, I do indeed believe that Something weird happened in the sky that day... not sure what but Something. However this feeling / belief is based Solely upon witness accounts, faa reports etc. and Not the image that was analyzed at ats. I had problems with that image from the start, and after seeing these the problems compounded for me.

Early in the day (the MORNING series from that blog) it seems to have been drizzling... not rain but more than mist...

I find some of the little 'glow bulbs' of drizzle in the photographs to be... interesting *shrugs*

Then it seems that, during the course of the day, that the air density / moisture content seems to have increased, until finally, by late night, it's a pretty thick fog.

I have little to no problems with the eyewitness reports by civilians and airport personal, Something obviously happened then...

But I am having a problem fitting that other image into this series... It just doesn't "feel" right to me *laughs* I Know, not very scientific, and of course, I'm no 'expert', still, I can't shake the feeling that that other image has nothing to do with the actual event.

If I ever dredge up that nebulous and mysterious stuff known as "free time" I'll poke around for more photographs from that time and place and try to fill out the series a bit more... or perhaps some incredibly bored observer could take up that task?

right now I gotta go
rock on
twj
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby lost_shaman » Wed May 07, 2008 7:24 am

torbjon wrote:Thanks Shaman,

As I've said on numerous occasions, I do indeed believe that Something weird happened in the sky that day... not sure what but Something. However this feeling / belief is based Solely upon witness accounts, faa reports etc. and Not the image that was analyzed at ats. I had problems with that image from the start, and after seeing these the problems compounded for me.

Hey torbjon,

I NEVER believed that any image on ATS ever depicted even a Nov. 7th, 2006 photo, much less an actual photo of the "incident" reported on Nov.7th, 2006.

torbjon wrote:I have little to no problems with the eyewitness reports by civilians and airport personal, Something obviously happened then...

But I am having a problem fitting that other image into this series... It just doesn't "feel" right to me *laughs* I Know, not very scientific, and of course, I'm no 'expert', still, I can't shake the feeling that that other image has nothing to do with the actual event.

Wonderful! Then you and I are on the same page here thanks to your insight. That image is 'bogus'.

(At least in the fact that it apparently shows an object near a runway, not an object over Gate C-17. *shrugs*)

(Did I use that *shrugs* right TJ?)

As my friends across the pond say,

Cheers,

L_S
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu May 08, 2008 8:21 am

Interesting. This helps a lot in visualizing the likely conditions at the time, nice work TJ. Could I suggest posting a link to the original for easy comparison along with the one Ritzmann found that he initially believed to be the source image it was created from?

LS, do you remember our email exchange at the time regarding the apparent discrepancy between where “eyewitness” claimed to have seen the “object” and the ATS photo and the discrepancy between the direction and nature of the ‘object’s” departure given in the original two witnesses reports to Davenport? Wasn’t there something funky about the orientation of the maps Ritzmann posted? I guess I should go dig through those emails…
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby torbjon » Thu May 08, 2008 6:01 pm

AD:

Actually, I am / was not endeavoring to discredit / disprove that image from ats, but rather simply to depict the actual weather conditions in that area on that day.

At that time in my investigation the only weather data I had been privy to was textual in nature... just a paragraph of information from the weather service / airport stating the conditions... you know the type... visibility so many miles, cloud ceiling at such and such a height, air temp, wind speed, blah blah blah...

Accurate information to be sure, but of little help to the average person when trying to actually Visualize what things may have looked like.

These pictures are of a pretty good quality, in most cases the type of camera used is stated, they span from morning until night, and due to their mundane nature I doubt that anyone will cry foul over them.

I was happy to find enough of a series to span throughout the day and this Is important.

Before noon it seems to have been drizzle / light rain... after noon a thick fog, by night fall things seemed to have cleared up a bit, and by late night we have light fog again...

ALL images seem to depict a high moisture content in the air and the 'blurring' of background objects after a relatively short distance...

If you or others feel a desire to use these in an evaluation of the images presented on ats by all means please do so.

My intention here (as the title of the thread implies) was simply to offer some visual data of weather conditions in that area on that day *shrugs*
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri May 09, 2008 4:04 am

torbjon wrote:If you or others feel a desire to use these in an evaluation of the images presented on ats by all means please do so.

Well, my impression is these make the ATS image look doctored. What's yours?

torbjon wrote:My intention here (as the title of the thread implies) was simply to offer some visual data of weather conditions in that area on that day *shrugs*

"Oh. Well, that's very different. Never mind."
~ Emily Latella

For anyone not familiar with the ATS branded image, this appears to be a fairly good summary...

A Fake O'Hare UFO Photograph?
http://jeromeprophet.blogspot.com/2007/ ... graph.html

Also, for reference there's this RU thread regarding the alleged sighting...

UFO over O'Hare International Airport??
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=696
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby lost_shaman » Sat May 10, 2008 2:26 am

Access Denied wrote:
LS, do you remember our email exchange at the time regarding the apparent discrepancy between where “eyewitness” claimed to have seen the “object” and the ATS photo and the discrepancy between the direction and nature of the ‘object’s” departure given in the original two witnesses reports to Davenport? Wasn’t there something funky about the orientation of the maps Ritzmann posted? I guess I should go dig through those emails…

Yeah, I do remember that. Glancing back at those emails wasn't it that Ritzmann claimed the witnesses' and the ATS '0000000' photo were consistent, when the reality was that the photo was contradictory to the witnesses' observations? (Ritzmann had the directions all wrong which prompted you and myself to both reference North oriented maps of ORD. etc.)
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to UFOs