Whats your angle?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Whats your angle?

Postby JayKew » Tue May 20, 2008 9:08 pm

I dont know if this is the place to ask but I will anyway.

If you had to sum up the UFO Enigma in three short sentences what would you write ??

For me its

I believe there is life on other planets.

I do not believe they have been in contact with us.

I believe that one day contact will be made.

It would be interesting to have other members views.
JayKew
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: Whats your angle?

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue May 20, 2008 10:00 pm

[Moved the post from the latrine]

Wow JK, you've written my answers for me! :)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Wed May 21, 2008 6:22 am

JayKew wrote:If you had to sum up the UFO Enigma in three short sentences what would you write ??

I believe there is life on other planets.

I do not believe they have been in contact with us.

The odds seem pretty slim that one day contact will be made.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby MrPenny » Wed May 21, 2008 12:45 pm

I don't envision much variance in this thread's posts.

Access Denied has written my answers for me.
P.T. Barnum wouldn't stand a chance with this crowd.
MrPenny
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed May 21, 2008 2:51 pm

I believe there is life on other planets and interdimensionally.

I believe there are gazillions of lifeforms and entities (ranging from fully physical to fully spiritual in nature) throughout those dimensions and planets.

I believe a few entities from other dimensions have made deceptive forms of contact with human civilizations throughout the centuries.

---

(Did you really think my 3 sentences would be short?) :)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby packetStorm » Wed May 21, 2008 3:58 pm

>> I believe there is life on other planets and interdimensionally ...
>> I believe a few entities from other dimensions ...

Could you expand on life existing in other dimensions and/or interdimensionally?

Are you talking about ideas from Flatland like a 3-D sphere existing as a circle in a 2-D world?

We currently live in 4-D world according to General Relativity ... or in a possible 11-D world according to String theory with possibly 7 other dimensions that we have not observed.

So are these lifeforms coming from the 12th dimension or beyond?
packetStorm

Postby ryguy » Wed May 21, 2008 6:55 pm

packetStorm wrote:Are you talking about ideas from Flatland like a 3-D sphere existing as a circle in a 2-D world?

I think so...although the best example of what I refer to is what these Northeastern University researchers are working on detecting.

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060126_stringfrm.htm

But early results from a neutrino detector show the elusive particles could serve as probes to the unseen dimensions, say the researchers, from Northeastern University in Boston, Mass., and the University of California, Irvine.

They predict a bigger neutrino detector now under construction, called IceCube, could provide the first evidence for string theory and other theories that attempt to explain the universe. A paper describing the work appears in the current issue of Physical Review Letters.

We currently live in 4-D world according to General Relativity ... or in a possible 11-D world according to String theory with possibly 7 other dimensions that we have not observed.

So are these lifeforms coming from the 12th dimension or beyond?

Wild speculation on my part - but any of the other dimensions we've not yet observed. I think the closest we come to getting a glimpse of them would be in the search for the Unified "theory of everything". If we believe the stories that came out of the Skinwalker Ranch research about the kind of creatures that were seen walking out of alleged "holes" in the sky - this suggests that some of the creatures aren't all warm and fuzzy toward us either. Unfortunately the Skinwalker study might have been part of another operation to sponge up funding for fringe research - so how much of the research and publications about Skinwalker is legitimate is highly questionable.

My opinion though - creatures/aliens/giants/demons/etc drawn or referred to in writing by ancient civilizations throughout the centuries are evidence of human interaction with things that are non-human.

Maybe Steve, myself and AD should have our first PodCast about this topic. Wouldn't that be lively? :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Thu May 22, 2008 8:21 am

ryguy wrote:My opinion though - creatures/aliens/giants/demons/etc drawn or referred to in writing by ancient civilizations throughout the centuries are evidence of human interaction with things that are non-human.
-Ry

So you dont think people in ancient civilisations could have had as fertile an imagination as 'believers' these days?.

There has always been and will always be people who invent 'beings' Ufo's or esoteric things, to attract attention to themselves and in acient times to prove THEY were 'better' than others and to hold power over them. I see nothing different in those freaky claims from the ancients and freaky claims from modern times.

Maybe they just had some good dope?
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu May 22, 2008 9:29 am

ryguy wrote:Unfortunately the Skinwalker study might have been part of another operation to sponge up funding for fringe research - so how much of the research and publications about Skinwalker is legitimate is highly questionable.

I think you're getting warmer. ;)

ryguy wrote:Maybe Steve, myself and AD should have our first PodCast about this topic. Wouldn't that be lively? :)

I'm in! 8)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Gary » Thu May 22, 2008 2:12 pm

Hmmm ...

(1) I believe there is an 'objective reality' which now appears to be best described as information (See MIT's Seth Lloyd)
(2) I believe that all human (self) experience is 'virtual' and is best described as information
(3) There is a 'phenomenology problem' involving the demarcation between (1) and (2), which may include some UFO reports
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby JayKew » Thu May 22, 2008 9:20 pm

Gary wrote:Hmmm ...

(1) I believe there is an 'objective reality' which now appears to be best described as information (See MIT's Seth Lloyd)
(2) I believe that all human (self) experience is 'virtual' and is best described as information
(3) There is a 'phenomenology problem' involving the demarcation between (1) and (2), which may include some UFO reports

Ahhh I see. :roll:

Anybody else have no idea what Gary has in mind ?
JayKew
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Gary » Fri May 23, 2008 3:59 pm

Some but not all background for my response can be found here:

http://www.simulation-argument.com/

And then my article here:

http://www.starstreamresearch.com/dreams.htm

And here:

http://www.starstreamresearch.com/brains.htm

While there is no denying that reports of physical nuts and bolts hardware attract the most interest, especially for the Department of Defense, our opinion remains that the phenomenology of immediate concern directly impacts the bio-physical thought structures of the human mind-body machine. This is slippery ground and a fish out of water can quickly squirm their way out of hand. Having cast our net in that direction, we have been wondering lately how many different kinds of tricky fish are swimming out there in the deep blue sea.
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby torbjon » Sat May 24, 2008 8:00 am

"If you had to sum up the UFO Enigma in three short sentences what would you write ??"

To explore strange new worlds.
To seek out new life and new civilizations.
To boldly go where no one has gone before.

day late and a dollar short, I know, but it's not My fault you guys can't stay on topic
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby remus » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:29 am

JayKew wrote:I dont know if this is the place to ask but I will anyway.

If you had to sum up the UFO Enigma in three short sentences what would you write ??

I think there is life on other planets, probably even life off planet in the vacuum of space.

I think there may have been very limited contact with our civilization at some stage in history.

I think that full contact with an exraterrestrial species is a near certainty at some stage in our future if we don't blow ourselves up first.
remus

Postby Inconceivable » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:36 am

1. The truth is out there.
2. It's dang hard to find out what that truth is.
3. When in doubt, refer to #1.
Ufology today is a minefield of con-artists, hoaxsters, disinformers, the disinformed, the gullible and even the mentally ill. But you have to admit, it's great entertainment!
Inconceivable

Google

Return to UFOs