9.58 this evening

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

9.58 this evening

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:23 pm

OK Im sitting in my living room, windows wide open as its quite warm and Im watching Channel 4 +1 a programme about the Quran.
When watching the box, I only have my hallway light on.
9.58PM. Something went over my house and was visible from my my chair facing my window for a fraction of a second. the light caught my attention. I got up and looked. It was flashing lights like a Christmas tree as it moved away, but it was moving at a high speed. The flashing wasnt Nav lights per se. It had white lights on either side but the center section was flashing white red and blue. But what was also curious was the sheer intensity of those lights, even at a distance.
BUT
No sound ????????. I live out in the sticks and you can hear rabbits farting out here, but this thing made no sound.
By the time I had managed to get upstairs, I could just make out the lights as it banked hard left, but the intensity of those lights was still surprising.
When it banked left it was heading roughly back in the direction of Boscombe Down.
I live quite close to the rather Hush Hush Boscombe Down Airport so I suspect they must be testing something from there. Also curious. Normally as I live equally close to Middle Wallop Army Air base we have a LOT of Apache helicopters out every night. Noisy buggers.
But tonight and today. None.

Size? couldnt tell exactly but roughly the width of a small private jet, maybe a bit larger.
Height HMMM it wasnt that high as the lights were easily distinguishable so maybe around 2000 ft. I know that height as I have walked/climed Myndd Troed in Wales which is a round 2000 ft and its height was comparable.

But no noise. Not a sound.

Also Farnborough Air show is on at the moment. Showing off something new to the nobs ??????
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: 9.58 this evening

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:33 pm

That sounds really interesting Chorlton. How fast would you say it was travelling?
Get a camera at the ready in case it comes back!

Edit to add:
Conventional aircraft usually have green lights on the right hand side, but I've never heard of them having blue lights before. I've seen jet fighters on night excercise with rapidly flashing red lights (anti-collision) a few times before, but never anything like that. The most remarkable thing about the last time I saw such an excercise, those planes never made a sound either. It triggered a mini-wave of UFO reports at the time, but they were clearly "ours". Those planes that flew directly overhead could be heard, but there were a number of them just off to the side and they were silent. The height was probably around the same you quoted, and they were very fast. A number of times it actually looked like they would collide, heading for the same spot in the sky from opposite angles. It was pretty impressive stuff. Things that make you go hmm..

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby JayKew » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:That sounds really interesting Chorlton. How fast would you say it was travelling?
Get a camera at the ready in case it comes back!

Cheers,
Steve

and have your hearing aid switched on next time.
JayKew
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:52 pm

Ha ha hearing Aid ?. CCheely Muppet Being a muso sound is one of the things im rather sensitive to.

Couldnt tell you about speed, but in the time it took me to get up out of my chair and turn, it had gone from a South Easterly direction to be heading off in a near North direction bypassing the town of Andover.
As stated by the time I got upstairs all I could see whas a huge ball of lights that then turned left to a Westerly direction then I lost it as it was moving SSW. Now looking at Google earth thats about the rough direction of Boscombe's runway ???
Methinks the RAF or USAF have a new toy.
Bloody quiet one though

But why was it lit up like a damned Christmas tree, with VERY high intensity lights?
Strangeley, theres just been two helicopters heading towards London now.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:57 pm

Sounds very much like a scene out of "Close Encounters"...

How fast would you say it was in comparison to a helicopter?
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:Sounds very much like a scene out of "Close Encounters"...
How fast would you say it was in comparison to a helicopter?

No contest. I see helicopters here on a daily basis. Puma's, Apache, Hueys, Lynx, Chinooks. You name it they fly around here and Ive seen them.
This thing was probably 3 times faster than any of them.
Ive got a decent sized window.
On a clock face comparison with my window facing 1200 I saw it at 2 Oclock and in a matter of 3 max 4 seconds it was at 10 oclock and carried on in that direction.

Again, the thing that stood out first and uppermost was the lights. They were bloody amazing compared to a Helicopters Nav lights. Then when I was expecting to hear the sound.............Nothing. That was how I was expecting to identify it, helicopter sound or airplane sound, but there was no sound.

You mention Close Encouters and that IS a close resemblance re the lights. But again being the old sceptic I am, I still think theyve been testing something out of Boscombe.

Just wonder if anythings been reported to the local Plod. Ill call and find out.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Mungodave » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:15 pm

Perhaps a glider? Special forces use them I heard somewhere.

Ill see what I can find

Cheers

Dave

Edit to add from wikipedia:

British military gliders

The use of assault gliders by the British was prompted by the assault on Eben Emael. Among the types developed were the 28 trooper Airspeed Horsa and the 7 ton capacity General Aircraft Hamilcar cargo glider. The General Aircraft Hotspur was used for training the pilots who formed the Glider Pilot Regiment. The most famous actions were the taking of the Pegasus Bridge during the invasion of Normandy, Operation Dragoon (the invasion of southern France), Operation Market-Garden (Arnhem Bridge over the lower Rhine) and Operation Varsity (Crossing of the Rhine). Out of the 2,596 gliders dispatched for Operation Market, 2,239 gliders were effective in delivering men and equipment to their designated landing zones.

Lord Gilbert, defence minister of state formally responsible for intelligence during the Kosovo War, told the House of Commons Select Committee on Defence on 20 June 2000 that gliders could have been used to land troops in Kosovo. Neither Lord Gilbert nor the other politicians present appeared to be aware that this would not have been feasible. Although gliders are still used in the Royal Air Force for cadet training by the Air Training Corps, they are not used in combat operations. No troop-carrying gliders have been in British service since 1957.

I guess not.... if Wiki says it , it must be true.
Mungodave

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Mungodave wrote:Perhaps a glider? Special forces use them I heard somewhere.
Ill see what I can find
Cheers
Dave

Good point....But

2 points
I would be amazed at any glider travelling at that speed, and why all the lights ?
They were NOT Nav lights. The outside of whatever it was had white lights not Red/Green and the red white blue and green lights were central and flashing like mad, like I said my comparison was a bundle of Christmas tree lights but at an amazing intensity.

Just called local plod Nothing reported. Though he said the Military dont tell them of any excercises. He also mentioned their own Helicopter wasnt up tonight but I assured him this was NOT a helicopter.
At its closest to my house it would have been no more than a mile away and I could hear the dog barking at the farm about 500 yds away but not a whisper from this thing.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Mungodave » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:33 pm

Some info from a glider club in Canberra

How fast can a glider fly?

Gliders can fly as slowly as 35 knots (65kmh) to approx 135 knots (250kmh)
top...

How high can a glider fly?

Thermals can go as high as 14,000 ft or more. The new world glider altitude record set by Steve Fossett and Enevoldson in Argentina is 50,671 feet (15,447 m). In fact the Australian gliding height record was achieved in a flight from our site and stands at some 33,000 feet.
top...

How far can a glider fly ?

In the summer, flights of hundreds of kilometers are commonplace. The world record for a flight in a straight line is 2000 kilometers.
top...

Certainly does not explain the light though !!

Unless its a late night disco flight (tongue in cheek)
Mungodave

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:49 pm

Yep Im reasonably au fait with Gliders and their capability. (Im a nosy old fart)

Problem. Tonight is dead calm. No wind, and at around 9.58PM I doubt any thermals either.
No sign or sound of any tow aircraft.
I would also think that, considering the sharp left turn they made, a glider would have lost a fair amount of altitude, this thing didnt .

Add It Up.
Boscombe Down.
Farnborough Air show. LOTS of milItary.
Half hour after sighting, I see helicopter heading from direction of Boscombe, heading towards London
PIMMS O CLOCK !!!!!!!!

USAF/RAF playing with/Showing off new toys.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:32 am

Yeah it certainly appears like that, unless you've been taking too many painkillers! ;)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:34 am

Admit it mate - you been buzzed by a large, soundless, fully-lit UFO straight out of Close Encounters. We better start setting up the sound board so we can play those special musical "notes" to communicate with them when they land.... :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:19 am

Ha ha… I know what it was, the aliens paying you back for all your debunkery. :)

Strange… a flashing blue light is reserved for medical aircraft.

Some sort of search and rescue craft maybe… hence the bright lights?

Or like you say, maybe some new toy and the strange lights were to keep you from making out what is was. ;)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:29 am

I laid in bed thinking about it last night. NO! the thing in the sky you perverts :lol:

The lights werent Nav or even landing lights, Landing lights are beams and these lights werent beams.
Thinking about it even more, what a great way to camouflage the shape of anything? place a lot of high intensity flashing lights on it, so bright that only the lights can be discerned. Neat trick.

Ive seen a website from someone who has an interest in Boscombe so I might just bang him an email.

But even my wife noted and commented there were no Apache's around last night. They usually start around 9PM and fly very low over our houses. During the day we can even see the pilot and weps boys in them.

Just some backup info on Boscombe
http://www.dreamlandresort.com/black_pr ... scombe.htm
http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk ... _down.html

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Chorlton wrote:But even my wife noted and commented there were no Apache's around last night. They usually start around 9PM and fly very low over our houses. During the day we can even see the pilot and weps boys in them.

You're proposing that they are keeping the airspace clear for tests?
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Next

Google

Return to UFOs