Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby Chorlton » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:57 am

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.ht ... _page_id=2

I'll have two of what he's been drinking thanks
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby Inconceivable » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:18 pm

Here's the link to the actual audio interview. It's much better than just reading the bit in the article. Give it a listen. He's dead serious. Not joking.

http://www.kerrangradio.co.uk/Article.a ... 4160&spid=
Ufology today is a minefield of con-artists, hoaxsters, disinformers, the disinformed, the gullible and even the mentally ill. But you have to admit, it's great entertainment!
Inconceivable

Postby Inconceivable » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Chorlton - don't force us to send another UFO to buzz your house :D
Ufology today is a minefield of con-artists, hoaxsters, disinformers, the disinformed, the gullible and even the mentally ill. But you have to admit, it's great entertainment!
Inconceivable

Postby ryguy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:05 pm

Will be replying to these reports at length probably this weekend.

One question though - why is it news now that he's making this statement? He's been saying this for years...

Small bit of a history lesson here: PresidentialUFO on Edgar Mitchell

One of the guests to the King show was Dr. Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 astronaut and the 6th man to walk on the moon. Mitchell appeared to tell his story of how he knows the Roswell recovery of a flying saucer along with bodies was a reality

2) Dr Mitchell recounted some details about a Pentagon briefing he held with J-2, the head of Intelligence for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Rear Admiral Thomas R. Wilson, U.S. Navy, in April 1997. Present with him at the briefing were Dr. Steven Greer and US Naval Reserve Commander Willard H. Miller. Miller retired in 1994 where he was on the Current Operations Staff (J3) of U.S. Atlantic Command, Norfolk, Virginia working on operations, intelligence, and special contingency issues.

It is not the first time Dr. Mitchell has told the story, but it is his first interview about the Pentagon episode on a major national television show. The story has also been told many times by Dr. Steven Greer in great detail. Researcher and writer Richard Dolan did further investigation of the story and told what happened on an interview with an internet radio show called Paracast in July 2007.

Or this: 1998 Mitchell Quote

"It isn't just the U.S. government which has kept quiet about alien visits. It would be arrogant of an American like myself to assume that E.T.s would only choose to visit my country. Indeed, I've heard convincing stories about governments all over the world that know of alien visits -- including the British government. Not all governments are anxious to keep their findings quiet. The Belgians have admitted that aliens may be out there and have released information about sightings that cannot be explained away as military planes, weather phenomena
and so on." October 25, 1998

It's a case of SSDD (Same s__t, different day)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:41 pm

Yep and I dont see what people think that Astronauts dont have as active imaginations as anyone else.

I also love the way they say that many Governments know about them. I would be equally as justified saying that many governments DONT know about them cos they dont exist.

Hes probably in need of a few dollars for Interview fees.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:43 pm

Inconceivable wrote:Chorlton - don't force us to send another UFO to buzz your house :D

This time sir, I am prepared. I have 2 pairs of smelly socks and a pair of underpants used when I was mowing the garden. Enough to put off any alien or Vampire. :lol:

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Inconceivable » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:49 am

Chorlton wrote:
Inconceivable wrote:Chorlton - don't force us to send another UFO to buzz your house :D

This time sir, I am prepared. I have 2 pairs of smelly socks and a pair of underpants used when I was mowing the garden. Enough to put off any alien or Vampire. :lol:

We'll send a species that can't smell. 8)
Inconceivable

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:18 am

:zzzzzzzzzzz:
One of the guests to the King show was Dr. Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 astronaut and the 6th man to walk on the moon.

That part is intended to convince the reader "and because of this, he should automatically be considered believable in anything he says." Hell, in my business I always find it funny that people want pilots to analysze technical aspects of their airplanes or reasons for aircraft accidents, when really it is the design and analysis engineers who have all the knowledge. We make the same mistakes for astronauts in assuming they are somehow "better" than an average person.

The story has also been told many times by Dr. Steven Greer in great detail.

Danger, Will Robinson.

" Indeed, I've heard convincing stories about governments all over the world that know of alien visits -- including the British government."

Wow... he heard a story that he thinks is convincing. Somehow, to me, THAT does not sound very convincing as evidence of any sort! :roll:

"The Belgians have admitted that aliens may be out there and have released information about sightings that cannot be explained away as military planes, weather phenomena
and so on."

Just chock-full of convincing evidence, isn't he? And wow, those Belgians! Going out on such a limb like that!!! BOLD statement, eh?

Freaking pathetic... and it is even MORE pathetic when you consider he was an astronaut... one with supposedly the "right stuff".

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:35 am

Yup, an Astronaut who decided to conduct his own ESP experiments while aboard the Apollo 14 flight no less :shock:

People listen to this guy why, exactly?

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:39 am

Woo hoo disclosure is just around the corner! Still...

Sad… just goes to show there’s a sucker born every minute.

Methinks Mr. Mitchell needs to spend some time on RU… either that or he has no use for the truth. :roll:

Did any of you see the Larry King with Salas and that (pardon my French) idiot ("Do you mind if I speak, Mr. Comedian?" and "So come on Mr. Skeptic, what about it?") with their aliens ate our nukes stories? There went an hour of my life I’ll never get back… I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Do they really think nobody’s going to find out they were debunked a long time ago?

Transcipt here...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... kl.01.html

Round and round we go…
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby suspicioso » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:29 pm

There is a big difference between:

(a) "Hi! I'm a famous astronaut. While working at NASA I was involved in an alien contact cover up along with my fellow spacemen."

And:

(b) "Hi! I'm a famous astronaut. Recently I've read some UFO books and now believe there has been an alien contact cover up"

Not exactly clear as to whether its (a) or (b) being claimed... I'm assuming its (b)
Too Dangerous For Open Minds Forum!
suspicioso
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:09 am

Surprise, surprise…

Admiral: Never looked for UFO data
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... r_UFO_data

[emphasis mine]

A former high-ranking military intelligence official rumored to have been snubbed in his attempts to obtain sheltered UFO data insists he never even bothered to look for it.

“Never,” retired Rear Admiral Thomas R. Wilson replied Tuesday when asked if he’d ever been barred from retrieving classified material, exotic or otherwise, during his career.

Wilson, the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, was head of intelligence for the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1997 when he agreed to meet at the Pentagon with advocates of UFO declassification. Among them, he confirms, was Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell.

The driving force behind that meeting was North Carolina UFO researcher and emergency-room doctor Steven Greer. Greer founded The Disclosure Project in an effort to grant amnesty to government whistleblowers willing to violate their security oaths by sharing insider knowledge about UFOs.

[snip]

Mitchell avoided all mention of Wilson’s name, but in a July 4 appearance on Larry King Live, the moonwalker told CNN audiences he’d learned the admiral “had found the people responsible for the cover-up and for the people who were in the know and were told, I'm sorry, admiral, you do not have need to know here and so, goodbye.”

Now an executive with a Minnesota-based defense contractor, Wilson told De Void he “accepted (Mitchell’s 1997) request because he was a former astronaut and maybe had more credibility than some person off the street.” Wilson says he doesn’t remember who else attended that meeting, but he admitted to “a certain amount of curiosity” about allegations of deep-black UFO projects.

“What is true is that I met with them,” Wilson said in a phone interview. “What is not true is that I was denied access to this material, because I didn’t pursue it. I may have left it open with them, but it was not especially compelling, not compelling enough to waste my staff’s time to go looking for it.”

Mitchell told De Void he never heard directly from Wilson after their initial meeting, but he says he trusts the veracity of the unnamed sources who told him of Wilson’s inability to penetrate security.

Mitchell said he was "shocked" by Wilson’s response to De Void, but added, “I do not wish to engage him on this matter.”

I could care less about Greer’s fabrications in this case (what else in new?) but looks like Mr. Mitchell has some explaining to do… starting with the outing of his bogus sources.

[it’s not like some of us couldn’t guess who the fowl players are]
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:38 pm

Mitchell said he was "shocked" by Wilson’s response to De Void, but added, “I do not wish to engage him on this matter.”

Typical. Instead of accepting, and admitting, that he misunderstood and misinterpreted interactions with Wilson from back then, he simply says he doesn't wish "to engage him"... That's an attempt to save face...I think he realizes he grossly misinterpreted events at the time, and has carried those misinterpretations with him for many years...finally being corrected today. A cool response should have been "wow...I guess I was wrong...I would like to thank Wilson for clarifying what really happened."

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby skylar » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:22 pm

ryguy wrote:

Typical. Instead of accepting, and admitting, that he misunderstood and misinterpreted interactions with Wilson from back then, he simply says he doesn't wish "to engage him"... That's an attempt to save face...I think he realizes he grossly misinterpreted events at the time, and has carried those misinterpretations with him for many years...finally being corrected today. A cool response should have been "wow...I guess I was wrong...I would like to thank Wilson for clarifying what really happened."

-Ry

An "executive with a Minnesota-based defense contractor, Wilson".... hmmmm, so natually, we all know that ALL defense :wink: contractors always tell the truth and nothing but the truth, right guys??

And of course, an executive level defense contractor, Wilson, just like Cheney who was once one of those too, are known to be completely transparent in every answer to questions posed to them -- especially on those topics as those ones that are being discussed here. For example, Wilson sez "What is not true is that I was denied access to this material, because I didn’t pursue it. I may have left it open with them,..."

Oh.... and let us just gloss over the part where he's saying "I may have left it open with them" shall we?? But just for the fun of it, let's back-track on what Wilson is saying here...
First he states:
"What is not true is that I was denied access to this material, because I didn’t pursue it."
Then right after that he states:
"I may have left it open with them"
Okaay, so what exactly does he mean when he says, "I may have left it open with them"? Well, my question is like -- how else did he say "What is not true is that I was denied access to this material, because I didn’t pursue it"? That's a pretty straight forward sentence. What he's saying here is that he never sought out that information in the first place.

Yet Mitchell NEVER said that Wilson intentionally sought out that information! :?

Mitchell is simply saying that Wilson "found" some people who claimed (or others claimed) to be responsible for the cover-up and that they told him that there's nothing more they can tell him about that because of that silly "need to know" rule.

So maybe we need to go back and ask Wilson if he had somehow inadvertently ran into those cover-up people which was not something he was actively pursuing but it's something that "just happened" by accident, I guess.

I'm afraid I really can't agree with your conclusions on this because after all, Wilson admitted that whatever he said at that meeting, he intentionally stated things in such a way for others to interpret in which ever way they chose to. The fact that he's playing such word games in itself should raise a few red flags... for this reason I find this story very intriguing.
skylar

Postby Access Denied » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:28 am

skylar wrote:Okaay, so what exactly does he mean when he says, "I may have left it open with them"?

Simple, he never got back to Greer and Co... smart move if he had any doubt about the veracity of their claims.

[and in fact Wilson said so much]

skylar wrote:Mitchell is simply saying that Wilson "found" some people who claimed (or others claimed) to be responsible for the cover-up and that they told him that there's nothing more they can tell him about that because of that silly "need to know" rule.

Wilson didn’t “find” these people, they approached him.

BIG difference!

Sounds to me like you’re trying to make this sound more intriguing than it actually is.

What Mitchell (and Greer) said is other people (not Wilson) said Wilson was denied access. Obviously, given Wilson’s statements, these “other people” were either lying, misinformed, or just assumed that the reason Wilson didn’t get back to Greer and Co. was because he was denied access… and counted on folks to buy it.

Neat trick, all these self-proclaimed "insiders" have to do is make up some “above top secret projects” they were somehow privy to and nobody can disprove it because get this… nobody but those who know have a need to know. Fortunately the joke’s on them and those who believe them because they can’t prove it…

Now, if Wilson had said something like “I looked into it but I was informed these projects don’t exist” then you might be able to get away with perpetuating the UFO coverup myth by claiming that could be interpreted as a form of denial (and confirmation) because surely he of all people would have a need to know if everything was on the level but that’s not what he said… nor would I expect him to as I suspect he’s smart enough not to fall into THAT trap.

Folks can speculate all they want about this but the truth is it’s now time for Mitchell’s sources to come forward as the burden of proof for these claims has now been squarely put back in their lap… i.e. it’s time to put up or shut up!

How much do you want to bet they won’t?

Check and mate. Next…
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Next

Google

Return to UFOs