Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby skylar » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:44 pm

ryguy wrote:
Or this: 1998 Mitchell Quote

"It isn't just the U.S. government which has kept quiet about alien visits. It would be arrogant of an American like myself to assume that E.T.s would only choose to visit my country. Indeed, I've heard convincing stories about governments all over the world that know of alien visits -- including the British government. Not all governments are anxious to keep their findings quiet. The Belgians have admitted that aliens may be out there and have released information about sightings that cannot be explained away as military planes, weather phenomena
and so on." October 25, 1998


It's a case of SSDD (Same s__t, different day)

-Ry


Ry,
Just checked the quote above that's also on that link you provided for us and apparently the its got "anonymous" as the source for that Mitchell quote.

So how can you be sure that Mitchell even said that?
skylar
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:00 pm


Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby ryguy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Folks can speculate all they want about this but the truth is it’s now time for Mitchell’s sources to come forward as the burden of proof for these claims has now been squarely put back in their lap… i.e. it’s time to put up or shut up!


His sources would list DCI's, at least one President, high level military, etc..etc...without naming a single one of course. When asked to provided evidence of that, he would say that he refuses to because of both personal privacy and medical privacy reasons.

A perfect impasse where the person making the claims can dodge the demands for even just a smidgeon of proof...and your request for more can be construed as being an unethical attempt to invade "privacy."

I wonder how many times the people being taken for a ride can get "ridden" before they just get completely fed up and start naming sources. Want to know what I bet happens when they do? People will begin to realize that the "sources" are only a few - who can be counted off on one hand.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby ryguy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:55 pm

skylar wrote:Ry,
Just checked the quote above that's also on that link you provided for us and apparently the its got "anonymous" as the source for that Mitchell quote.

So how can you be sure that Mitchell even said that?


Here's another source with the same quote (and more of the interview if your interested):

1998 email on UFO Mind

In an exclusive interview from his Florida home, Edgar told JOHN EARLS
why he is convinced there is life on other planets and that aliens
have, in fact, landed on Earth.

I AM an American astronaut and a trained scientist. Because of my
position people in high places confide in me.

And, as a result, I have no doubt that aliens HAVE visited this
planet.

[snip]

It isn't just the US government which has kept quiet about alien
visits. It would be arrogant of an American like myself to assume that
ETs would only choose to visit my country.



That was 1998 - he's been saying this stuff for years.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby skylar » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:31 pm

Access Denied wrote:
skylar wrote:Okaay, so what exactly does he mean when he says, "I may have left it open with them"?

Simple, he never got back to Greer and Co... smart move if he had any doubt about the veracity of their claims.

[and in fact Wilson said so much]

skylar wrote:Mitchell is simply saying that Wilson "found" some people who claimed (or others claimed) to be responsible for the cover-up and that they told him that there's nothing more they can tell him about that because of that silly "need to know" rule.

Wilson didn’t “find” these people, they approached him.

BIG difference!

Sounds to me like you’re trying to make this sound more intriguing than it actually is.

What Mitchell (and Greer) said is other people (not Wilson) said Wilson was denied access. Obviously, given Wilson’s statements, these “other people” were either lying, misinformed, or just assumed that the reason Wilson didn’t get back to Greer and Co. was because he was denied access… and counted on folks to buy it.

Neat trick, all these self-proclaimed "insiders" have to do is make up some “above top secret projects” they were somehow privy to and nobody can disprove it because get this… nobody but those who know have a need to know. Fortunately the joke’s on them and those who believe them because they can’t prove it…

Now, if Wilson had said something like “I looked into it but I was informed these projects don’t exist” then you might be able to get away with perpetuating the UFO coverup myth by claiming that could be interpreted as a form of denial (and confirmation) because surely he of all people would have a need to know if everything was on the level but that’s not what he said… nor would I expect him to as I suspect he’s smart enough not to fall into THAT trap.

Folks can speculate all they want about this but the truth is it’s now time for Mitchell’s sources to come forward as the burden of proof for these claims has now been squarely put back in their lap… i.e. it’s time to put up or shut up!

How much do you want to bet they won’t?

Check and mate. Next…


I'm a female dear. :wink:

Just read the whole article that you gave us a link to and here's what the writer of that article is saying that Mitchell said:
July 4 appearance on "Larry King Live," the moonwalker told CNN audiences he’d learned the admiral “had found the people responsible for the cover-up and for the people who were in the know and were told, I'm sorry, admiral, you do not have need to know here and so, goodbye.”


I'm not seeing anything in that article about Wilson saying that he was approached by those people.
You said "Wilson didn’t “find” these people, they approached him." Could you point out where in that article is says that??

Also, my interpretation of Wilson saying that "I may have left it open with them" is correct when its interpreted within the context of the entire sentence and statement it's included in. You are isolating that segment of that quote and interpreting it out of context to what's actually being said there. I'm sticking by what I said before about what I think he meant when he tagged that statement on after what he said in the first part of that statement.

But in any case,semantics aside, this is just the usual case of someone (Wilson) retracting and denying what he said at one time that others out there are saying that he DID say. Nothing new here.

Also, I think Mitchell would have said that his source of information on what Wilson originally said was Greer. All he said was that he got his information from a reliable and credible source. If it was Greer, he would have said that because Greer would not have any objections to Mitchell citing him as a source of information in a public forum like the Larry King Show. But he didn't say it was Greer so it's my guess that it's someone else who prefers not to have his name mentioned in public in regards to that topic matter.
skylar
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby skylar » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:49 pm

ryguy wrote:
skylar wrote:Ry,
Just checked the quote above that's also on that link you provided for us and apparently the its got "anonymous" as the source for that Mitchell quote.

So how can you be sure that Mitchell even said that?


Here's another source with the same quote (and more of the interview if your interested):

1998 email on UFO Mind

In an exclusive interview from his Florida home, Edgar told JOHN EARLS
why he is convinced there is life on other planets and that aliens
have, in fact, landed on Earth.

I AM an American astronaut and a trained scientist. Because of my
position people in high places confide in me.

And, as a result, I have no doubt that aliens HAVE visited this
planet.

[snip]

It isn't just the US government which has kept quiet about alien
visits. It would be arrogant of an American like myself to assume that
ETs would only choose to visit my country.



That was 1998 - he's been saying this stuff for years.

-Ry


Thanks,
Close enough and I agree with you that Mitchell has been saying stuff like this for years.

I too am very frustrated that he's not citing his sources. I myself am a Vallee fan and a proponent of the IH. This said though, We saw a couple of UFO triangles over the shoreline here a few years ago so I'm just saying that they do exist hence why I have much interest in this topic. Were they black budget aircraft manufactured by covert governmental agencies? This is what I want to find out.

As far as what Mitchell is saying ... I'm very intrigued by it. Here we have an extraordinary, intelligent and accomplished scientist and astronaut who believes that our planet is being visited by ET's so naturally I'm very interested in having him tell us where he's getting his information on this. I personally do not believe that we are being visited by EBE's.
skylar
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby Access Denied » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:34 am

skylar wrote:
Access Denied wrote:Check and mate. Next…

I'm a female dear. ;)

That’s great but that was a reference to the game of chess and it wasn’t directed at you. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh and before I forget, welcome to RU… I hope you don’t find our skepticism too overbearing… we love a good challenge to the status quo.

skylar wrote:Just read the whole article that you gave us a link to…

[snip]

I'm not seeing anything in that article about Wilson saying that he was approached by those people.

You said "Wilson didn’t “find” these people, they approached him." Could you point out where in that article is says that??

Sure, it’s in the first couple of paragraphs of that article. Here it is again…

Wilson, the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, was head of intelligence for the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1997 when he agreed to meet at the Pentagon with advocates of UFO declassification. Among them, he confirms, was Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell.

The driving force behind that meeting was North Carolina UFO researcher and emergency-room doctor Steven Greer.

To be absolutely clear, what I meant by “these people” in that context was Greer and Co.

Greer and Mitchell are the ones claiming “someone” (who they will not say) told them Wilson “had found the people responsible for the cover-up and for the people who were in the know and were told, I'm sorry, admiral, you do not have need to know here and so, goodbye.”

This is unsubstantiated hearsay from their “trusted” sources. Actually it’s worse than that, it’s a blatant attempt by the so-called “insiders” (who, trust me, really aren’t, not even close) to create a self-fulfilling prophecy… they knew full well ahead of time that Wilson couldn’t confirm it because they know these programs don’t exist… except in the minds of the deceived.

My advice to you, for what it’s worth, currently about $0.02, is be very careful about who you trust and support in the “disclosure” effort… things are not always what they seem.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby skylar » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:46 pm

Access Denied wrote:
skylar wrote:
Access Denied wrote:Check and mate. Next…

I'm a female dear. ;)

That’s great but that was a reference to the game of chess and it wasn’t directed at you. Sorry for the confusion.

No, I didn't misinterpret that. Also, I'm sorry but I disagree with you that you've managed a checkmate in your rebuttal to my comments in that post -- lol, definitely no slam dunk here.. sorry. -- but just thought it as an opportunity to mention my gender nevertheless... which I did. :)

Oh and before I forget, welcome to RU… I hope you don’t find our skepticism too overbearing… we love a good challenge to the status quo.
Thanks for the welcome and to cut to the chase, I need to make this clear that I too am a skeptic in many area's having to do with those topics covered in this forum -- especially in ufology. If I was anything otherwise, I would be an active member of the Open Minds forum now, but I'm not.

skylar wrote:Just read the whole article that you gave us a link to…

[snip]

I'm not seeing anything in that article about Wilson saying that he was approached by those people.

You said "Wilson didn’t “find” these people, they approached him." Could you point out where in that article is says that??

Sure, it’s in the first couple of paragraphs of that article. Here it is again…

Wilson, the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, was head of intelligence for the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1997 when he agreed to meet at the Pentagon with advocates of UFO declassification. Among them, he confirms, was Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell.

The driving force behind that meeting was North Carolina UFO researcher and emergency-room doctor Steven Greer.

To be absolutely clear, what I meant by “these people” in that context was Greer and Co.


I'm sorry you misunderstood me but I was not referring to Wilson's meeting with Mitchell and Greer. Please read over my last 2 or 3 posts in this thread and you will see this very clearly. I never even referred once to that already known meeting that Wilson had with Mitchel and Greer because that was already a given...


I will reply to the rest of what you said in this post a little later...
skylar
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby ryguy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:29 pm

skylar wrote:
Thanks for the welcome and to cut to the chase, I need to make this clear that I too am a skeptic in many area's having to do with those topics covered in this forum -- especially in ufology. If I was anything otherwise, I would be an active member of the Open Minds forum now, but I'm not.


haha! I like her already...

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby simonespeaks » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Suspicioso, you are seeing what has also occurred to me. I always thought that Edgar Mitchell was doing 'talking-points' right out of someone's ufo-government-cover-up book. Paul Hellyer did the -same- thing. After he read Phillip Corso's book, he became a believer.
User avatar
simonespeaks
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:37 am

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby simonespeaks » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:08 pm

And one more thing about Ed Mitchell. some of the things he's been publicly saying, sound SO DUMB. How is this? From such an otherwise very smart person. I assume you have to be pretty bright, to become an astronaut.......
User avatar
simonespeaks
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:37 am

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby Jack'sDead » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:36 pm

A family member if mine has been talking with Mr. Mitchell directly. This family member of mine ia absolutely convinced, for whatever that's worth. But this person has been doing his own research for years and is very excited about Mr. Mitchell's mroe recent "disclosures."
...You can call me, Joker!
User avatar
Jack'sDead
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:04 am
Location: New York

Re: Ed Mitchell say 'Aliens are real'

Postby Access Denied » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:21 am

Among other things, Ed Mitchell is on the “board of directors” of ICIS, an exopoltical front founded by Disclosure Project witness “Doctor” Carol Rosin.

Read this thread at your own risk…

Carol Rosin credentials- finally

By the way, Will Miller seems like a good candidate for “Source A” considering the company he keeps no?

http://www.peaceinspace.com/ab_board.shtml

CDR (Chev.) WILL MILLER, USNR-Ret. MEd. is a decorated Naval officer and Vietnam combat veteran, educator, advisor, and briefer to U.S. Commanders-in-Chief, and other senior Admirals and Generals. He served as a senior Department of Defense (DoD) Command Center Operations Action Officer, a senior Intelligence Analyst, and as a Program Manager for DoD future operations programs. Like few officers before, he was recalled from retirement to continue supporting DoD current operations. CDR Miller was advisor to U.S. Space Command and U.S. Southern Command and its international counterdrug operations, Joint Interagency Task Force East. He is expert in financial analysis, current and future DoD operations, military planning and execution, space warfare, non-lethal & directed energy weapons, joint international interagency operations, nuclear, biological, chemical, natural, and technological disaster mitigation & contingencies, advanced and emerging technologies, and specialized DoD and civilian capabilities. He held a Top Secret (TS) Clearance with Special Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Among his many awards are the Department of Defense Meritorious Service Medal, the Navy Achievement Medal with combat valor (V), and the Army Commander's Award for Civilian Service. He is an active member of the American Academy for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) - Emeritus, the American Society of Military Comptrollers, and is knighted in the Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem, the oldest military knighthood. He is founder and President of NOVA Engineering and Consulting, providing specialized technology consulting services to the DoD and private clients.

I’m always suspicious of people who’s security clearance precedes them. ;)

[I also wonder if A.C. Clarke knows he’s an honorary board member like von Braun knows about Rosin’s claims made after he died about things he allegedly said] :lol:
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests