UK Ministry of Defence releases new material .

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

UK Ministry of Defence releases new material .

Postby JayKew » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:10 am

Amongst the dross there does appear to be one or two interesting snippets.

http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Some quotes I have noted ....

A PASSENGER jet coming in to land at Heathrow had a near miss with a UFO in 1991, newly released Ministry of Defence files showed on Sunday.

The captain of the Alitalia airliner shouted "look out" to his co-pilot after seeing a brown missile-shaped object shoot past them.

The mysterious incident near Lydd in Kent was thoroughly investigated by the Civil Aviation Authority and the military.

Having ruled out the object being a missile, weather balloon or space rocket, the MoD closed the inquiry and left the matter unsolved.

The close encounter is one of many recounted in military documents made available online on Sunday by the National Archives.

Sightings from between 1986 and 1992 also include:

A US air force pilot's account of being ordered to shoot down a UFO that appeared on his radar while he flew over East Anglia

An MoD request that army and navy helicopters should not take photographs of crop circles for fear of undermining the official line that the military did not investigate unexplained phenomena

A letter from a woman claiming to be from the Sirius system who said that her spacecraft had crashed in Britain during the second world war.

[Mod Edit: off topic discussion moved here]
JayKew
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: UK Ministry of Defence releases new material .

Postby Access Denied » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:16 am

JayKew wrote:Amongst the dross there does appear to be one or two interesting snippets.

What exactly did you find interesting about them?

JayKew wrote: http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Some quotes I have noted ....

You mean you wrote this article? :)

Airliner had near miss with UFO
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7679145.stm
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:56 pm

JayKew wrote:A letter from a woman claiming to be from the Sirius system who said that her spacecraft had crashed in Britain during the second world war.

Well now...that's clearly the most believable story of all of the examples provided. :)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:45 pm

ryguy wrote:Well now...that's clearly the most believable story of all of the examples provided. :)

I just cant believe a US Commander having the power to authorise use of weapons over the UK. THAT doesnt ring true.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby lost_shaman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:43 am

As for the files themselves, I've been scanning through them and so far I haven't seen anything that might suggest the MOD's 'Condign' Report was not 'spot on' in it's conclusion that many reports represent sightings of UAP as described by the MOD's 'Condign' Report.
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:28 am

lost_shaman wrote:As for the files themselves, I've been scanning through them and so far I haven't seen anything that might suggest the MOD's 'Condign' Report was not 'spot on' in it's conclusion that many reports represent sightings of UAP as described by the MOD's 'Condign' Report.

Which ones did you find interesting? I haven't had time to look at them all yet.

Apparently the AF pilot's claim of being ordered to shoot down a “UFO” isn’t exactly what it appears to be at first… it was an anecdotal account submitted to the MoD by a third party some 30 years later.

Also, I noticed Tim Printy posted this on BA about the guy who’s apparently responsible for getting these documents released…

http://www.bautforum.com/conspiracy-the ... ost1346869

Well, I can vouch for Dr. David Clarke's research methods, who also appears on this web page. He is very good at looking at these records and does not look at them with "ufo proponent googles". Instead his view is that from a historian and does not draw any absurd conclusions when looking at these documents. I really enjoyed reading his "UFO's that never were" which he co-authorded with Andy Roberts (skeptic) and Jenny Randles (UFO proponent). His website is Flyingsaucery which is another good read.

I checked it out… he’s right.

Funny that the “disclosure” crowd thinks this is a “sign”… how soon they forget the US released their secret files 30 years ago.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Shoot that UFO

Postby longhaircowboy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:18 pm

Also found in Britain's National Archives and just recently released is the report by an unnamed pilot. Retired U.S. Airman Milton Torres who now lives in Miami claims he is the pilot. In 1957 he was flying from an air base in England and was ordered to fire at a UFO that lit up the radar. He claims he never had visual contact and didn't fire but the object showed on his radar with great intensity.
I found this by scouring the AP wire. I am currently trying to contact Mr. Torres for followup and will report anything further.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby torbjon » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:55 am

hey cowboy, it's been a while. good to see yer still kicking.

too many folks just sit on their butt and do internet work,

Field Work, wow, that's too cool comrade. ya, please, let us know how that goes, ya or nay...

and, as always,
keep 'em flying.

laters
twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby longhaircowboy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:54 pm

Hey TJ. Well that is my thing, field work. Someone moved this post here after I had entered it as a seperate topic. Any hoo. Talked briefly on the phone to Mr. Torres and he agreed to send me a written description in his words of the incident, He said it was "quite incredible" and wished he had been able to see it visually. Also if you go to my forum you'll find a siting I've spent the last 6 months working on with no conclusive results. I will have a full accounting of that incident and the Torres one posted there.
Anyone care to guess which airfield Mr. Torres flew out of? And no there'll be no hints.

lhc
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to UFOs