Possible UFOs in Alabama?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Possible UFOs in Alabama?

Postby cybertron2006 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:30 pm

This may sound weird, (but hey, what ISN'T weird about UFOs?) but as I was jogging at 12:00, I saw three triangles in the sky. I know this might remind you of those triangle UFOs in umm... Bulgaria? I don't remember where. But they looked the same. They flew over me making a eerie SCREEEEEEEEEEEE noise. SCARED THE F*** OUT OF ME.

Can somebody help me on this one? Please tell me if I'm delirious on this one.
Michael Jackson isn't black OR white, he's an alien.
MY ROFLCOPTER GOES LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
[not a joke]Please buy 3-Hit-KO's Debut album, 24 Hours To Live, when we finish it![/not a joke]
cybertron2006

Re: Possible UFOs in Alabama?

Postby Access Denied » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:54 am

You mean like the Belgium “black triangles”?

A supposed black triangle, 15 June 1990, Wallonia, Belgium. Claimed to have been taken during the UFO wave, though released thirteen years later.

If so, you might want to read this by Tim Printy…

[possible helicopters]

Belgium 1990: A case for radar-visual UFOs?
http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/Belg.htm

And as far as the famous picture goes you might want to read this…

[probable hoax]

The So-Called "Belgian Ufo Wave" - A Critical View
http://www.skepticreport.com/ufo/belgian.htm

I see that photo a little differently than many do I think… to me it kind of looks like a hole (cut out) in something with some lights behind it.

Was this 12:00 at night?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby cybertron2006 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:46 pm

Yes, yes, and yes. And to make things creepier, I saw them again last night at 9:00. Sometimes I wish I saved my finicky video camera instead of tying it to a bottle rocket and launching it into a lake.

I believe they are the Belgium Triangles. That and I also believe someone cut a triangular shape into some cardboard, created a sophisticated lighting system, and placed a black piece of cardboard with holes where the lights stick out in front of them, put it all together, take a picture of it, and claim it was a UFO. Image That's just bullsheet.
[not a joke]Please buy 3-Hit-KO's Debut album, 24 Hours To Live, when we finish it![/not a joke]
cybertron2006

Postby ryguy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:05 pm

Geez...at least go out to Best Buy and buy a cheap $30 digital cam without zoom if you have to. Anything to capture a photo of it...

Obviously a high-quality digital camera with optimum optical zoom would be best...but ya do what ya gotta do...lol

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cybertron2006 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:21 pm

Thanks for the tip. BTW, They appeared again, and one landed in a field nearby. It scared the sheet out of me because that field was home to the fireworks show we have every Fourth of July. I'm guessing one of those firecrackers I threw real high hit one.
cybertron2006

Postby ryguy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:42 am

How far is the field from where you were standing when you saw it land? Why did it scare you - they're still making that sound when they fly over?

Where's the nearest military base from where you're seeing these, btw?

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:49 pm

cybertron2006 wrote:BTW, They appeared again, and one landed in a field nearby.

I'm with Ryan... there is little reason why you can't go out and buy a cheap digital camera. Heck, it is hard to find a cell phone without one! (I know because I work in a secure facility where they do not allow cell phones with cameras!).

I just hope that the "UFOs" don't get all camera shy & stop paying your area visits once you do have a camera in hand. [-o<

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby lost_shaman » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:31 pm

ryguy wrote:Geez...at least go out to Best Buy and buy a cheap $30 digital cam without zoom if you have to. Anything to capture a photo of it...

Obviously a high-quality digital camera with optimum optical zoom would be best...but ya do what ya gotta do...lol

-Ry

I totally disagree with Ryan (& Ray). Digital Cameras are worthless for taking photographs of anything close up or far off in the sky. Obviously people should use them if they have them, but if you are going to spend money on a Camera in anticipation of taking a picture of a recurring phenomena then spend money on a 35 mm Camera. My advise would be to get a five dollar disposable 35 mm film Camera if you don't have access to a Brand name 35 mm Camera.

You'd still have to wait an hour to get the film developed and you couldn't immediately post the photos online, but you are much more likely to end up with much better pictures. All you need to do is use a decent scanner to get a high quality digital image of the photos in order to share them online.
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby lost_shaman » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:48 am

cybertron2006 wrote: BTW, They appeared again, and one landed in a field nearby. It scared the sheet out of me because that field was home to the fireworks show we have every Fourth of July. I'm guessing one of those firecrackers I threw real high hit one.

Hate to be brutal because it might make me look bad, but you're not being honest IMO.

You're claiming that you have no idea what you've seen and that you've observed something very strange for several days, now apparently you've had a 'Close encounter' so to speak with this "unknown" phenomena and all you have to say is "one landed in a field nearby."! Thanks for that sighting report! People who see Iridium Flares tend to be more descriptive.

Clearly, if you hadn't thrown those IMAGINARY Firecrackers so high and hit "one" on the Fourth of July then 'they' wouldn't be harassing you in the first week of December! (It takes about 6 months for the Galactic Federation to process incident reports. FTL communications still take some time LOL!)
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:15 am

lost_shaman wrote:Obviously people should use them if they have them, but if you are going to spend money on a Camera in anticipation of taking a picture of a recurring phenomena then spend money on a 35 mm Camera. My advise would be to get a five dollar disposable 35 mm film Camera if you don't have access to a Brand name 35 mm Camera.

Excellent point! Digital or 35mm - I'll take anything over nothing!

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:37 am

lost_shaman wrote:Digital Cameras are worthless for taking photographs of anything close up or far off in the sky.

I disagree, a prosumer or better (full-frame) digital SLR (say 12 megapixels or greater) with good glass and shooting in RAW mode is arguably technically superior to (color) 35mm (but not larger format) film in many ways… especially in low light (high ISO) conditions… but you’re right, not cheap. :)

lost_shaman wrote:(It takes about 6 months for the Galactic Federation to process incident reports. FTL communications still take some time LOL!)

ROFLCOPTER

I'm still trying to figure out how he launched a video camera with a bottle rocket… I presume of the skyrocket (fireworks), not (pressurized) water bottle, variety.

(the latter requiring a bit more technical sophistication)

:?:
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby cybertron2006 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:31 pm

ryguy wrote:How far is the field from where you were standing when you saw it land? Why did it scare you - they're still making that sound when they fly over?

Where's the nearest military base from where you're seeing these, btw?

-Ry

Yes they are still making the noises. I believe the field is approximately... 30 yards away (probably 9 metres, I'm no good at the SI so pascal and newton can suck it.). There isn't a military base so I ain't seeing any stealth bombers. Be cool to see one of those though.

lost_shaman wrote:
cybertron2006 wrote: BTW, They appeared again, and one landed in a field nearby. It scared the sheet out of me because that field was home to the fireworks show we have every Fourth of July. I'm guessing one of those firecrackers I threw real high hit one.

Hate to be brutal because it might make me look bad, but you're not being honest IMO.

You're claiming that you have no idea what you've seen and that you've observed something very strange for several days, now apparently you've had a 'Close encounter' so to speak with this "unknown" phenomena and all you have to say is "one landed in a field nearby."! Thanks for that sighting report! People who see Iridium Flares tend to be more descriptive.

Clearly, if you hadn't thrown those IMAGINARY Firecrackers so high and hit "one" on the Fourth of July then 'they' wouldn't be harassing you in the first week of December! (It takes about 6 months for the Galactic Federation to process incident reports. FTL communications still take some time LOL!)

Listen lostshaman, I was making a joke with the firecracker thing. You don't really have to think it messes the whole thing up. Besides, I'm just a teenager so I don't know what the heck a "Iridium Flare" is. I do know what a close encounter is though. It is an alleged sighting of a UFO, an Alien, or both.
cybertron2006

Postby Access Denied » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 am

I think what LS is trying to tell you is you haven’t given us enough information to tell if you’re “delirious on this one” like you asked in your first post or just pulling our leg.

If you’re serious, answer as many of these questions as you can and we might be able to help…

SIGHTING OF UNIDENTIFIED PHENOMENA QUESTIONNAIRE (AF Form 117)

[it’s a recreation of the official form the Air Force used to use]

Just list your answers by number in your next post.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby lost_shaman » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:12 am

cybertron2006 wrote:Listen lostshaman, I was making a joke with the firecracker thing. You don't really have to think it messes the whole thing up.

Hey cybertron2006,

You're right. I don't think it messes the whole thing up. It just wasn't a good start.

AD is absolutely correct in that I would just like for you to start from scatch and describe what you actually saw so it can be evaluated. The common questionaire AD posted is a good start.

I've personally had a "Close Encounter" with a UFO/UAP and I have a lot to say about it. It changed my life forever, and I made a point to learn everything I could about the subject.

So what happens is that I get bothered by people (even teenagers!) who show up on Forums talking about IMAGINARY UFO/Alien "Landings in nearby Feilds". If you really saw something follow AD's advice and give us the answers to a basic sighting report and we'll go from there.

Otherwise if you just want attention tell people BigFoot ate your Dog who ate you're homework! :^o If people don't believe that is true just tell them that they "wouldn't know BigFoot s^~t if they stepped in it!" LOL #-o
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:21 pm

lost_shaman wrote:So what happens is that I get bothered by people (even teenagers!) who show up on Forums talking about IMAGINARY UFO/Alien "Landings in nearby Feilds". If you really saw something follow AD's advice and give us the answers to a basic sighting report and we'll go from there.

That's right - I'm glad to hear about lost_shaman's experience, that alone is motivation to make sure that this site remains a place for no-nonsense, legitimate sightings only. UFO investigative groups are often overrun by nonsense reports and it flushes out all of the good data.

So cybertron, don't be insulted - the reaction you get from the report is only that....it's caution because the danger of what can happen if light-hearted non-serious sightings are allowed. That crack will form in the dam and the floodgates will open. Just have a look at ATS to see what happens once that process starts. :)

By the way, I'm very excited, and glad, to hear that you're a teen. Writing on the other paranormal site at LTK, I occassional come across commentors who are teens, and it's very encouraging to me. To see young folks who are open minded, but who also come to websites where the importance of science and critical thinking is a top priority - that says to me that you've got your head screwed on straight. I hope you stay open minded, and also that you hang around, keep reading level-headed analysis of the paranormal, and avoid those places where the wind-tunnel-head crazies hang out... :)

Oh...and please, please, please do well in Science. I promise, it'll serve you very well in the future.

And...please help us out with more data-collection from these sightings. It would be fascinating to learn more.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Next

Google

Return to UFOs