UK Reports 310 Police Sightings of UFOs in Six Years

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

UK Reports 310 Police Sightings of UFOs in Six Years

Postby ryguy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:16 pm

Today, the UK Telegraph reports that Gary Hesltine, a British Transport Police officer, published a report that outlines police officer UFO sightings since 2003.

What's impressive about the report is that the sightings involve 106 police officers who are trained to carefully observe events in order to provide detailed reports later on. Ignoring Hesltine's naive comment that he was inspired by "credible accounts of sightings" in UFO Magazine (we all know how UN-credible that rag is), Hesltine notes the "most startling reports" within the list as that of Alan Godfrey.

He said one of the most startling reports on it is that of PC Alan Godfrey, who spotted a diamond-shaped UFO levitating above a road in Todmorden, West Yorks, in 1980.

He tried to call for help on his police radio but it had stopped working. He then tried to get out of his car but was blinded by a white light. Pc Godfrey's next conscious memory is being back in his car, further down the road, with the UFO having vanished.

The small clues provided by the fact that his police radio stopped working and he saw a blinding white light before losing consciousness are valuable and fascinating. Unfortunately the experience is clouded by the fact that someone had the bright idea to hypnotize Godfrey, and of course under hypnosis he has the old cliche "experience" of being taken up into spacecraft and being examined by itty bitty aliens.

People, especially police officers, having these experiences need to stop seeing hypnotists and consider the experience as a form of assault. The assault isn't physical, it's mental - and whatever environmental effects caused his radio to stop working and made him lose consciousness had nothing to do with the story of the little green men that so conveniently fill the void of missing time. It's time for experiencers and observers to start digging deeper than the pictures that are projected on the screen - investigators need to start looking for the doorway to the projection room.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: UK Reports 310 Police Sightings of UFOs in Six Years

Postby Zep Tepi » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:36 pm

That Godfrey sighting is from 1980. I just did a Google search on "pc Godfrey ufo", imagine my surprise when one of my own posts showed up in the number 2 spot -albeit from when I posted at ATS.

As for 310 police sightings of UFOs in six years, how many of those were lights in the sky and how many were actual objects in the sky? I haven't looked at the link so I'm curious as to the answer. I do know some (ex?) policeman has a website for ufo reports by police officers so it's probably from the same place. I'll have a look later, right now the kids need picking up from nursery so that's where I'm headed now :)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Re: UK Reports 310 Police Sightings of UFOs in Six Years

Postby longhaircowboy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:35 pm

His database is called PRUFOS (Police Reporting UFO Sightings). www.prufospolicedatabase.co.uk/
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to UFOs