Canada release info

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Canada release info

Postby longhaircowboy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:47 pm

I got an email over the weekend from a friend saying that Canada were going to release documents relating to UFOs. I went to the site-http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/index-e.html and searched the word UFO. I did indeed come up with some very intereesting stuff but I don't know if it is just now released. I'll do some more looking and see what happens. There was no splash on the front page.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: Canada release info

Postby Access Denied » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:38 am

Yeah, looks pretty crusty…

Canada's UFOs: The Search for the Unknown

I think this cartoon linked to the database search entry page pretty much sums up their official position on “disclosure”…

Source

Those silly Canucks :lol:
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby longhaircowboy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:19 pm

I saw that cartoon on the site. I'm not thrilled with how they have the archive set up. I spent an hour and was no where near getting to an actual document. There are multiple files on sightings under the Hertzberg Institute of Astrophysics but it is time consuming. And of course all the really interesting ones are inaccessable. Something about National Defence considerations. They stamp them Protected by Law. I'll keep diggin see what pops up.
Not much of a release ya ask me.

George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:52 pm

OK now that I've actually found the docs and they are actual documents scanned and digitized. I spent some time viewing images(the scanned docs) and their quality is not the best and many are in French. Also they are very brief reports with little in the way of description. I found a couple that featured air and ground witnesses. Here's one you might enjoy http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/ufo/001057-119.02-e.php?isn_id_nbr=4697&page_id_nbr=7314&record_id=4697-7314-12387&interval=20&PHPSESSID=uuc9fd4ul9h5n7lagstmsd5k32 oh and there's much duplication even though they have different reference numbers. Also they scanned envelopes as well.

George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Majorion » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:24 am

Problem is, that they haven't released any new documents.

I tried to search for that old Wilburt Smith (department of transport) doc. but I couldn't find it on their supposed "Virtual UFO archive".

It's just a sham, first thing that grabbed my attention at the top of the page was "The Search for the Unknown". I never realized how humorous governments can be.
Majorion

Google

Return to UFOs