What do you guys think of Dr. Steven Greer?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby MarshallMattDharma » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:21 pm

excerpt from thread by V. Kaminisky at ATS. Kaminsky wrote a [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/single.php?post=2204303]detailed
report on Greer's presentation at a conference (Exopolitical) in Canada
[/url].

There are a few loose ends I will explore until the next "News" conference in Toronto is held. I wish to thank ATS'er MikeJamieson who found and added a link (http://mountainx.com/news/2006/0510ufo.php) to this thread that I read after starting my report that bears mention when considering the level of confidence one may or may choose to ascribe to the credibility of Dr. Steven M. Greer.

I've been told that this article from Biltmore Forest NC is a "hit piece" without any proof claim of it being a "hit piece" so I dug a little deeper just to make "extra-sure" to satisfy such a concern of the article being written as a "smear-job" by it's author. I went over it and then contacted the author by telephone to find out in the interest of ATS accuracy. Uh, sorry not a "hit piece". The author is a big Greer supporter and the article was to "promote" Dr. Greer's brand new book and the support speaking engagement to be held by Dr. Greer next Wednesday evening May 17th in Asheville NC at UNCA in the Lipinsky Hall at 7:30PM local time.

I therefore reject the notion that the article at the link provided by MikeJamieson is in any way shape or form a "hit piece". Thank You MikeJamieson! Well done! ATS'ers please read the entire article I think you will be surprised at Dr. Greer's "special" powers allowing him to, and I quote "levitate groups of automobiles while meditating." Now I believe in PK but this I would have to see. Dr. Greer's claim of this "power" to this extent is not possible and I doubt he can do it at all even with "smoke and mirror" technical assistance. Let's suppose he possesses such a "gift/curse" what else may he be capable or incapable of doing with these "special powers" - if he can do this I view him as a potential "threat" to himself and others until proven otherwise. If he can't then watch the Simpson's Monorail episode and
you will get the idea.

From the article Dr. Greer asserts that he has 'flown in a flying saucer" and "is in regular communication" with ET's. If I didn't suspect before, I'm now afraid that "Dr. Greer" could be a "cult of personality" with an international pyramidic organizational hierarchy as a logistic support and recruitment strategy. I hope not.

***MOD edit*** fixed formatting and highlighted link to ATS post.
MarshallMattDharma

Postby Almeirhria » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:04 am

Thanks for the info Mike.
Those truly helpless are those who have not consciously chosen but who repeat patterns without knowledge of the repetition or the meaning of the pattern
Almeirhria

Postby kiwicocky » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:27 am

MarshallMattDharma wrote:excerpt from thread by V. Kaminisky at ATS. Kaminsky wrote a [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/single.php?post=2204303]detailed
report on Greer's presentation at a conference (Exopolitical) in Canada
[/url].

snipped to
If I didn't suspect before, I'm now afraid that "Dr. Greer" could be a "cult of personality" with an international pyramidic organizational hierarchy as a logistic support and recruitment strategy. I hope not.

Thanks Marshall.

Does the international pyramidic organizational hierarchy" have a name?

"techno-spirituality." Seems to be a lot of that about the place LOL, thanks HH
kiwicocky
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby MarshallMattDharma » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:14 pm

Hi Kiwicocky. Yes, name is "CSETI"
http://www.cseti.org
http://www.cseti.com
Tuition for various trainings is about $800
Membership levels in quote section.
Last time I saw a thread on Greer at ATS, it was from someone
who attended a recent training at CSETI. (Basicly on how to contact
ET and their craft.) My impression: person posting had cultic
mindset (and was abusive to those with contrary pov).
Term ("pyramid hierarchy") used was created by Victor Kaminsky, poster at ATS, who wrote a detailed report on his attendance at an exopolitical conference in Toronto (where Greer spoke).

Greer is in competition with folks like Michael Salla (for the market) and
has publically attacked Salla (essay probably still available at disclosure
project website).

DONATION LEVELS

Supporter: $100 to $499 per year
Benefactor:$500 to $9999 per year
Lifetime Member:$10,000 or more
Lifetime membership includes lifetime attendance to all CSETI events.

MAKE A ONE TIME DONATION
of any amount

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEMBERSHIP LEVELS

Annual (yearly) Membership Payment

Basic: $25 (does not include membership materials)

Friend: $40 to $99 per year

Your Choice - at least $40 per year to get the membership materials packet. ($25 without the membership materials packet)
Subscriber (Monthly) Membership Payment

Subscriber: At least $10 per month
(Monthly via PayPal only - see the options below)

$10 per Month (minimum 4 months)
$20 per Month (minimum 2 months)
$50 per Month

MarshallMattDharma

Postby MarshallMattDharma » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:19 pm

BTW, Salla charges $375 tuition per course.
Some of his other teachers include Paola Harris and James
Gilliland.
http://www.exopoliticsinstitute.org

Salla struggles just to get by. He does so barely, in fact, thanks
to a single wealthy benefactor. I'm guessing Greer has a retirement
income (from past duties as chief of emergency medicine at a North
Carolina hospital). Salla has no such income.
MarshallMattDharma

Postby kiwicocky » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:56 am

Ahh ic - so it's got nothing to do with anything as altruistic as disclosing the truth for the benefit of all then?

Just a bunch of egotistical salesmen?

Salla got the heave-ho from American University in 2004 I recall - seemed a bit odd.
kiwicocky
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby MarshallMattDharma » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:21 am

Well, I think Greer nowadays shows a lot of ego.
I don't get that with Salla. Guess I see him as a much more
sympathetic character. Both, IMO, are sincerely deluded in
their own way. Without getting specific about some of
Salla's personal circumstances, it would be nice in a way
if he had more ego. And, a job.
MarshallMattDharma

Postby kiwicocky » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:52 pm

I see Salla as you do - but he lost credibility and showed a lack of courage or something IMO, by allowing himself to give credence to some of the obvious fakes. He and others like him need to practice due diligence before they support these types publically if they want to maintain respect and interest from outside observers.

Greer sounds less than credible from that article - who's he hoping to attract?
kiwicocky
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby ryguy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:48 pm

Not sure if this has been posted yet - but it is an important update from February of this year...and provides a little bit of insight as to what Greer is up to at the moment.

Recently, one of our ex-intel sources mentioned that he felt Dr. Greer's sources were mostly "flakey". So my interest in those sources has increased (when they say don't look....that's when it's time to start lookin'...)

Please read the update at The Disclosure Project website

But the key paragraph, and one that we've noticed to hint at something that appears to be absolutely true - is below. This is also something Al, often on this forum, has hinted at and attempted to describe. The Shadow Government - and the illegal clandestine operations. It is my personal belief - that at one point, Greer was truly onto something. Since then, I believe he has quite possibly had the wool pulled over his eyes. It's the same thing we notice attempted with us - whenever we start to ask certain questions...

Between 1991 and 1995, I kept a diary (via transcribed audio tape) that was over 2000 pages just up to that time. Clearly this book, which encompasses experiences that span half a century, can only reflect the major highlights and lessons gleaned over that time. It is by no means meant to be all-inclusive or recall all the information conveyed to me by thousands of conversations and meetings with covert contacts within the Shadow Government.

Many of the names of these covert operatives are changed or abbreviated. However, the original tape and transcript, which are in multiple secure locations, contains all of the names, corporations and entities involved with these illegal clandestine operations and will be released, if needed, at a later time.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:55 pm

This is interesting - haven't checked out whether or not it is true and valid...but thought I'd post it here in case someone might be interested in checking it out:

John Maynard is one of Greer's many witnesses.

From Virtually Strange

"Ex-DIA analyst and UFO-reality proponent John Maynard has been arrested and charged for violating his National Security oath as regards statements made in conjunction with his activity as a UFO-reality witness with the Disclosure Project. He currently is incarcerated in a federal facility, location uncertain."
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Springer » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:48 am

Ry:

In the post about the personal log "tape" with all the details of names and corps, etc... is it Greer who claims to have this tape or someone else?

Springer...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby ryguy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:15 am

Springer wrote:Ry:

In the post about the personal log "tape" with all the details of names and corps, etc... is it Greer who claims to have this tape or someone else?

Springer...

Yup - Greer himself. He wrote that in February, 2006. He was writing about a book he had written, but it sounds like the personal log tape details were not revealed in the book. Seems he's holding on to those. Sure would be interesting to see/hear the tapes wouldn't it?

The way he words it, it's almost as though he's saying - you mess with me and I disappear - ALL of your names and organizations get revealed....

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Springer » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:38 pm

Five years ago I would have been VERY interested in Greer's tape. Today after seeing the bizarre directions he's pointed his efforts in I have to wonder if it even exists. Mind you, I'm not saying I doubt it does exist, just that due to his "strangeness" of late I wonder if it really does. (there is a distinction in there somewhere :lol: )

I know when he started the disclosure project he made sense to me, then when he didn't get the reaction he wanted after his big to do at the Press Club he seems, IMHO, to have gone the way of most people who don't get the attention they believe their situation deserves.

I know for a fact he single handedly shut down what could have been an very interesting "meeting of the minds" by way of his "The Government is covering the alien agenda up and is selling us to the grays" stance that hit the papers shortly after his Pres Club ordeal. The people who would've been involved in a high level meeting ran away from it after seeing the reaction to Greer's spin on the situation.

Now this leads us to a few possibilities;

1. Greer is absolutely correct
2. Greer has gone "to the dark side" (attention and book sales before all)
3. Greer has gone koo-koo
4. Greer was fed a huge s^~t sandwich that was sprinkled with the black pepper of truth, just enough pepper to make the sandwich edible.

Number 4 is one of the more popular notions swirling around about Greer and is pretty impossible to prove one way or the other just like most of these stories in general.

The part about Greer that has always interested me is two or three of his witnesses are absolutely unimpeachable, solid people who have no reason other than masochism to make something like this up.

That's one of the big reasons I question what Greer is doing and why he's doing it.

We had a couple Members of ATS who went out to his "UFO boot camp". The business model is excellent, he getting $800.00 a head for spending a couple days out in the desert with several people and his hard costs can't be more $15.00 a person. What was reported from this is very discouraging indeed. They weren't allowed to film anything and the "UFOs" they were *guaranteed* to see were "different" for each person because each person is different. Oh lest I forget, everyone was encouraged, to buy his book before attending "boot camp". :o

This is the classic sad story of a Good guy gone bad methinks.

The bottom line from my, admittedly jaded, perspective appears to be the guy has gone over to the "dark side", his glorious attempt at "disclosure" failed at the Press Club, I am pretty sure any legit, high ranking contacts he had went silent after the "spin" was in the media and he was left with little else in the way of options. Now he claims he has the "goods" on everyone but won't DISCLOSE it unless he's molested. The only part I am curious about is whether or not he really ever was a "Good Guy"?

Springer...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby Zep Tepi » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:06 pm

Great post Springer, you've pretty much summed up my own feelings on the matter to a "T".

*If* the guy was legit, he would have stayed on the same path he set out on at the beginning. He hasn't done so and that IMO is very telling.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:05 pm

Great post Springer, you said exactly what I've been thinking for a long time.
Greer at the beginning seemed to be on a good path, but something happened along the way. When he started with all that remote viewing crap along with some other things, he in my eyes became nothing more than a new age religion.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs