What do you guys think of Dr. Steven Greer?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby ryguy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:10 pm

I can't help but wonder if that was the point? Those who saw that at first he was on to something, introduced him to those who initiated the paranoia and "weirdness" into Greer's activities. As well as introducing him to many "sources" that really were flaky. So that people would overlook those legitimate sources, as Springer described above. What happens? The true sources get disgusted and walk away. Discrediting him before he even has a chance to get the Disclosure Project off the ground.

I'd be curious who his contacts where along the way....who led him down certain paths, and who the ones were who initially planted the suggestion in his mind that this new path was the way to go.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension


Postby ScaRZ » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:19 pm

ryguy wrote:I can't help but wonder if that was the point? Those who saw that at first he was on to something, introduced him to those who initiated the paranoia and "weirdness" into Greer's activities. As well as introducing him to many "sources" that really were flaky. So that people would overlook those legitimate sources, as Springer described above. What happens? The true sources get disgusted and walk away. Discrediting him before he even has a chance to get the Disclosure Project off the ground.

I'd be curious who his contacts where along the way....who led him down certain paths, and who the ones were who initially planted the suggestion in his mind that this new path was the way to go.

-Ry


I see your point Ryan. What or who turned him in a different direction?
Maybe he was on to something early on and someone was chosen to steer him away.
Then he became nothing different from all the other new agers. This would be the reason many would cut and run.
Image
User avatar
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 1:49 pm
Location: U.S.A.

Postby kiwicocky » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:23 am

ScaRZ wrote:
ryguy wrote:I can't help but wonder if that was the point? Those who saw that at first he was on to something, introduced him to those who initiated the paranoia and "weirdness" into Greer's activities. As well as introducing him to many "sources" that really were flaky. So that people would overlook those legitimate sources, as Springer described above. What happens? The true sources get disgusted and walk away. Discrediting him before he even has a chance to get the Disclosure Project off the ground.

I'd be curious who his contacts where along the way....who led him down certain paths, and who the ones were who initially planted the suggestion in his mind that this new path was the way to go.

-Ry


I see your point Ryan. What or who turned him in a different direction?
Maybe he was on to something early on and someone was chosen to steer him away.
Then he became nothing different from all the other new agers. This would be the reason many would cut and run.


I've been trying to dig up a Dick Farley post I read a long while back that confirms, IMO, what you are all saying - but so far it is eluding me :(

Scarz, the answer as to 'who and what' may possibly be here - where you say
When he started with all that remote viewing crap along with some other things, he in my eyes became nothing more than a new age religion.


I'm a relative newbie to learning about all these people, however it's fairly clear, even to me, 'who' promotes 'what' in this field ;)
kiwicocky
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:13 am

Postby kiwicocky » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:27 am

Oh, and then of course it must be asked - why?
kiwicocky
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:13 am

Postby kiwicocky » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:49 am

Found this instead of Farley:

Surprisingly, Army Intelligence RV operations has become married,
literally, with some prominent figures in UFO abductions research.
Albert Stubblebine is now married to Dr. Rima Laibow, whose scholarly
paper on the abduction phenomenon was the first (as far as I know) to
address the issue in the mental-health community. John Alexander is
now married to the former Victoria Lacas, Dr. Laibow's close
associate.

This list of strange bedfellows gets even stranger when you add the
name of CSETI founder and head honcho, Steven Greer, M.D., into the
mix. As it turns out, Greer, whose modus operandi incorporates shining
blinking lights and laser beams at UFOs in the hopes of establishing
communications with the ufonauts, was trained in remote viewing by Ed
Dames. In fact, it was Dr. Greer who introduced Stubblebine at the
Denver symposium.

So, what we have so far is that several former high-ranking military
personnel (Stubblebine, Alexander,and Dames) who were involved in
"psychic" research while in Army Intelligence, and who are now
actively involved in the UFO research community.

snip

One of ufology's more cogent analysts, who is convinced of the reality
of remote viewing based on his own personal search, told me that
Dames' activities had resulted in the successful discrediting of both
UFOs and remote viewing. Was this the plan all along or is Dames just
a charlatan?


http://www.think-aboutit.com/ufo/aviary ... uarium.htm
kiwicocky
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:13 am

Postby ryguy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:02 am

Awesome connections Kiwi... Also Someone put Greer on the "free energy" kick as well. Remote viewing....clean energy....

From http://www.emediawire.com:

VANCOUVER, B.C., CANADA (PRWEB) October 24, 2005 -- In launching its website Saturday, after several months of incubation, the Open Source Energy Network (OSEN.org) is making its debut splash by releasing never-before-seen video testimonials from seven leading alternative energy inventors.

These professional videos were prepared by the Disclosure Project, headed by Dr. Steven Greer, and were underwritten with sizeable funds for high-quality production. They were prepared to serve as testimony that will stand up in court. They document that there are viable new energy technologies which could rid us of our dependence on polluting fossil fuels, and that there have been active efforts in suppressing these. Explosively, these videos reveal names and tactics of this resistance against scientific progress.

This power-packed series includes testimony from Tom Bearden; Thomas Vallone, Paul Czysz, Hal Puthoff, David Hamilton, Ted Loder, Paul LaViolette, several of whom hold PhDs, and all of whom are held in high esteem by their peers in the field of clean energy. Each video is between 45 minutes and an hour in length.


I wonder who Greer's been talking to? ;)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby Almeirhria » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:32 am

The gate swings both ways. Disclosure can be used to discredit, to abandon, as well as provide truth.

Are we seeing things a little clearer now?
Those truly helpless are those who have not consciously chosen but who repeat patterns without knowledge of the repetition or the meaning of the pattern
User avatar
Almeirhria
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 1:39 pm

Postby ryguy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:27 pm

Almeirhria wrote:The gate swings both ways. Disclosure can be used to discredit, to abandon, as well as provide truth.

Are we seeing things a little clearer now?


Better believe it... ;)

Maybe it's time to do some disclosing of our own? If those doing the discrediting are exposed - maybe then those telling the truth can come out.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby ryguy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:12 pm

John Maynard (US Army Retired, Defense Intelligence Agency)
-A Greer Witness

I would like to provide, here, some excerpts from an interview conducted by Theresa de Veto of "Surfing The Apocalypse" in 2001. The interview can be read in full right here.

The importance of this man's words are evident because of the fact that much of what he says has the ring of truth to it...those important statements I've quoted here - they reflect a sober view of what is true and what is untrue about what we've been told by disinfo elements for the government.

Also, a critical point is the rumor that Maynard was arrested in 2003 (not yet confirmed):

From an article by Francis Ridge on March 29th, 2003:

"Ex-DIA analyst and UFO-reality proponent John Maynard has been arrested and charged for violating his National Security oath as regards statements made in conjunction with his activity as a UFO-reality witness with the Disclosure Project. He currently is incarcerated in a federal facility, location uncertain."


------

Some excerpts from the interview:

It took me several years to figure out that this blatant disregard for public opinion was a plan designed to keep and maintain the pressure of proof on certain elements of our society.

The plan was basically to place the burden of proof on the UFO researchers and to steer the public away from the military organizations that were directly involved in UFO research. In this plan I deduced that the military was using the media to keep these UFO researchers from making too much of the issue by having the media brand them as kooks, weird, paranoid and unbelievable; better yet, by having people who go around chasing after shadows in a belief that UFOs are real and the government is hiding something.

To date, this plan has worked well above average, and the general public still has an opinion that follows what ever the media tells them.


SURFING: Can you tell us about the most convincing evidence you have encountered? Share with us what your testimony for The Disclosure Project details.

MAYNARD: Not any one thing was most compelling except for, at the time, classified satellite photos and radar imagery taken during different compartmental photographic missions, such as Talent Keyhole (TK11) and by the OMNI satellites. I am sure they are still classified. In this respect, remember the book and movie "The Falcon and the Snowman"? The book provided some of the most accurate information placed in public hands about our government's covert operations.

As for what this information means to the Disclosure Project, it is multi-faceted. First, it provides substantiation that documents do exist, as I can identify the kind and classification of them. Secondly, it provides backup documentation to other witnesses. Lastly, it establishes a basis for congressional hearings, if nothing else, to clear the problems with congressional apathy.


....although I did read certain documents that indicated our own abilities in this area: back-engineered equipment, propulsion systems, and alien vehicles that could provide us with the capability of traveling great distances from this planet.


MAYNARD: Where do they come from? That is probably the $64 million dollar question for everyone, except certain government offices. Personally, I do not know, as I have never read or conversed with one of them to find out. I have heard all the rhetoric that has been spouted about Greys from Alpha Centauri or Sirius, Reptilians (which I had never heard of before seeing the term used on the Internet), and then of course, the term of "Nordic-looking aliens". Therefore, I do not believe that I can provide any insight into this question. However, this does not mean that I lack knowledge of their existence, albeit only Greys. I have never read anything on any other species.


SURFING: How long do you believe our government has had the knowledge that we are not alone in the universe?

MAYNARD: That is hard to say, but I believe the United States Government --but not necessarily the elected government-- had some knowledge of an alien presence as early as the mid-1800's. However, as to when official contact was made, I have never seen anything in writing on a specific date. Although, through the tracking of rumors, other stated information, and conversations I have had, I would estimate that official contact was made in the early to mid-1930's. Yet, it could have been as early as pre-WWI (1910-14), which is long before today's popular belief of the 1950's. Therein, because of the limited (congressional and executive branch) knowledge, the government as a whole was not prepared for the UFO crashes that occurred in the late 1940's and early 1950's.

Because of this, the government stumbled dramatically, giving rise to speculation and conspiracy theories. However, with the speed of today's communications, the conspiracy advocates have a tendency to provide far more information on the event than actually occurred. Therefore, society is left with the feeling of being off balance, because of who does and does not have knowledge of extraterrestrial life.


Therefore, you can literally talk with a top official in the Pentagon, but unless he has the authorization for that particular project, he probably does not know that it exists. If he does know it exists, he knows nothing about it. Knowing the simple rules of classification helps in identifying the right person to talk with.


MAYNARD: Disinformation or misinformation: The art of provided information in a form that has a certain amount of truth in the statement to make it a plausible answer to a question or a possible solution to the topic at hand. Yet, if employed correctly will lead the person to believe the opposite of what is correct, in other words, come to the wrong conclusions.

Once the conclusion is stated in the wrong context of the information, it will continue to progress down the wrong path leading the person(s) astray. However, you can still see a thread of the truth that was stated, which keeps you [away from] or leads you away from the real truth. You are eventually so far off base with your conclusions, that you yourself have lost sight of the truth, and are ready to believe anything that is stated on the subject, right or wrong.


About two years ago, I was interviewed by Linda Moulton Howe. She was looking for proof and all I could offer her was my knowledge. We both agreed at that time proof would be the necessary key. In this regard, it now means that, although I cannot produce proof, I can produce the desired effect that the Disclosure Project asks for.

I have the knowledge and I know the players in the government, and it is my goal to have them brought before Congress, under oath, to explain why disclosure has never been allowed, and answer questions pertaining to the other witnesses' observations and information. When this happens, the truth will be brought forth and then we all can make up our minds as to what to do with it.


Like I have stated at other times, "hindsight has 20/20 vision." I could have taken a chance and copied documents; it was truly simple enough and not that I had not thought about it. I could have copied them, taken them somewhere, and hidden them for safe-keeping until a time such as this. However, the chance that I could have been caught outweighed the thought of accomplishing such a task. If I had, I probably would not be sitting here typing this answer. Everyone eventually gets caught, and they are locked up, never to be heard from again, and I could not face that. I am a free person and would like it to stay that way.


-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby ryguy » Tue May 01, 2007 4:02 pm

Confirmation of Maynard's "Arrest"

I realize it has been a number of months since any update on Maynard. This investigation hasn't ended. I was able to confirm from one other source (with the help of a brilliant researcher/friend) that Maynard was, in fact, arrested - but only held for a very short period. I don't believe any official or legal "arrest" was made. When released, he was allegedly told that if asked, his detainment was unrelated to the subject of ufos. He was traced to Australia, where his girlfriend apparently has claimed that after his arrest and release, he has simply "disappeared", or is in hiding.

This is unfortunate, because I was also able to obtain confirmation from an inside source that Maynard did, in fact, appear to have access to "BYEMAN" codeword classified data, at least at one point in his career.

He stated: "He disclosed several BYEMAN Codeword projects that had never before (nor since) been disclosed...as to the Secret names of the Top Secret Projects. He also used words and terms of art that go way beyond, for example, the kindergarten knowledge of Intelligence Sources and Methods of xxxxx xxxx...and xxxxx, and pretty much everyone in the field who have been "Whistle-Blowers"...indeed...now that I think of it...everyone. That is why it is so easy to spot exaggerators and fakers...like xxxxx, xxxx, xxxxxx, xxxx, xxxxx...they claim they have insider Top Secret Government data,...but the words, phrases, and actual context of their description is from really easy to spot fiction."

I asked a second source, currently working for USG intelligence - and he claimed to have never heard of Maynard, however also speculated that the alleged misconduct of Maynard, assuming he's real, would not be as serious an offense as espionage would be. I believe in that reference he was comparing it to his initial suspicions that Doty might have been working for or with foreign intelligence agents - claims that were subsequently apparently laid to rest by the same official later on.

In regards to Maynard, this source stated the following:

"I was not aware of anything regarding Mr. Maynard. In general, leaking classified information is a far lesser offence than espionage and seldom results in jail time. In any case Mr. Maynard would have been out of jail after a few months and likely published a book. So first thing to consider is whether John Maynard was a real person."

While this official did not want to directly confirm Maynard's arrest, or even his existence, his statement (that Maynard's alleged crime wouldn't be very serious) appears to support the claim from the initial source that if Maynard had been arrested, he would not have been detained for very long. He would more likely have just been given a stern warning (in 2003) to keep quiet and make no further public comment. Maynard subsequently went silent since the 2003 "warning".

There is also a substantial amount of dialog between insider sources that match what Maynard disclosed publicly in 2001. Their discussions line up with his comments, and his description of the misinformation / disinformation aligns perfectly with their activities. He certainly knew what he was talking about.

If anyone reading this knows Maynard, or is in contact with Maynard, please ask him to contact us. His statement:

"I have the knowledge and I know the players in the government, and it is my goal to have them brought before Congress, under oath, to explain why disclosure has never been allowed, and answer questions pertaining to the other witnesses' observations and information. When this happens, the truth will be brought forth and then we all can make up our minds as to what to do with it."

...could come to fruition - and his support would be monumental in moving the disclosure process forward more quickly and urgently.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby Serpentime » Wed May 02, 2007 1:48 am

ryguy wrote:This is unfortunate, because I was also able to obtain confirmation from an inside source that Maynard did, in fact, appear to have access to "BYEMAN" codeword classified data, at least at one point in his career.

He stated: "He disclosed several BYEMAN Codeword projects that had never before (nor since) been disclosed...as to the Secret names of the Top Secret Projects.


As best I understand, BYEMAN was a publicly known (SCI) code-word used by the old National Reconnaissance Office to classify its collection "assets".

As such, BYEMAN code-words and compartments would be used to protect classified "Overhead" (Reconnaissance and Surveillance) systems, and operations, conducted under the aegis of the NRO.


Certain Army Intelligence and Security Officers assigned to DIA might well possess such a hypothetical "need to know" (?).



~ And I'll have to agree with Mr. Pandolfi that leaking Classified Information is usually treated as a lesser offense than Espionage (?). If this were not so, then half of Official Washington would probably - already - be in Fort Leavenworth. ;)

LOL



Serpentime
"Life's fantasy... To be locked away, and still to think you're free."

-- Ronnie Dio
User avatar
Serpentime
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:38 pm
Location: The Tree of Knowledge

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:21 am

**Bump**

This is an unexpected thread to be bumping, but recent information has forced a renewal of this thread of research. I need to get a hold of anyone at all who was involved with Greer in his earliest days, before he became "famous" and also knew him during his rise to fame. This is pre-Disclosure Project.

Thanks!

More to come...

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:08 pm

Make a trip to his hometown perhaps? He is but a small country doctor (lol), you should be able to meet a lot of his early acquaintances there and your results would be far better than an internet search. I can imagine than many of the folks he knew way back when are not on the internet, and if so certainly not anywhere near conspiracy sites...their busy checking the weather, movie times and that's about it, lol. So most of the stuff you will get will likely be second and third hand knowledge form someone who knows someone who knows someone. Such information is useless.

ROAD TRIP. I'll supply the beer.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:37 am

Postby ryguy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:27 pm

I agree completely. Actually the particular tip we received came from a phone conversation, not an internet search... Which I guess proves your point.

I'm already possibly taking a road trip at the end of the month to visit Hal in West Virginia (although he doesn't know it...lol) ....so might need to plan another road trip for the following month to follow up on this.

Another thing I was hoping for is anyone who might happen to be friends of those who are close personal contacts of Greer's and who knew him in the early days during his rise to fame.

We'll see....there were supposedly a great number of witnesses to how he originaly gained his fame - it's just a matter of finding at least one or two of those - likely wealthy folks at that.

Cross our fingers and cross our toes...where this leads us, no one knows. :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:40 pm

Still, if your planning a road trip, post it! I'm not far from that area, and think it would be cool to get together for a couple of beers, regardless of the resulting investigation.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:37 am

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests

cron