A middle 70's sighting..

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

A middle 70's sighting..

Postby earthman » Thu May 28, 2009 7:04 pm

It wasn't until a few years ago that i got activily involved in UFO's. And it was then that i found out my Mom and Dad had a sighting in the middle 70's. As Mom explained, they were driving south on US. 127 twords Eaton Ohio, thas southwestern Ohio, that they seen what she explained was a bright light moving east with small lights darting in and out from the main light. They pulled over and watched for a while because it was so weird looking. My Dad really doesnt believe in such things at all but they got scared and never talked about it until i got involved in UFO"s. My Dad to this day will NOT talk about it at all. He gets nervous when mentioning it. Not Mom though. lol. It moved real slow eastward and then it was gone.

I tryed to look up any reports but have not found any. I was hoping someone here might find out if there was any other reports. It was somewhere in the middle 70's is all she can remember. Flying over Preble county Ohio comeing from Indiana Between Eaton and Interstate 70. Any help will ease Mom's mind so she doesnt fell alone on this.

Thanks
Earthman
earthman

Re: A middle 70's sighting..

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu May 28, 2009 10:26 pm

Hey there earthman. Without some more specific date it may be hard to find anything similar. There was a major UFO flap in 1973 that concentrated in middle america. Here's a link you might check- http://www.nicap.org/waves/1973fullrep.htm to see if anything looks similar. There's quite a few Ohio listings so maybe it might do the trick. Again any more specifics you could provide would help me narrow it down.
Also here's a list of UFO sightings for 1975.
http://www.ufodna.com/chrono/chrono/1975.htm
I went to footnote and searched for 1975 Ohio ufo and found these docs.
http://www.footnote.com/search.php?quer ... 4294966953
You'll have to look through them to see which ones are actual 1975 reports.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri May 29, 2009 1:49 am

earthman wrote:It wasn't until a few years ago that i got activily involved in UFO's. And it was then that i found out my Mom and Dad had a sighting in the middle 70's. As Mom explained, they were driving south on US. 127 twords Eaton Ohio, thas southwestern Ohio, that they seen what she explained was a bright light moving east with small lights darting in and out from the main light. They pulled over and watched for a while because it was so weird looking. My Dad really doesnt believe in such things at all but they got scared and never talked about it until i got involved in UFO"s. My Dad to this day will NOT talk about it at all. He gets nervous when mentioning it. Not Mom though. lol. It moved real slow eastward and then it was gone.

I tryed to look up any reports but have not found any. I was hoping someone here might find out if there was any other reports. It was somewhere in the middle 70's is all she can remember. Flying over Preble county Ohio comeing from Indiana Between Eaton and Interstate 70. Any help will ease Mom's mind so she doesnt fell alone on this.

I can't say anything about any other reports, but I would point out that the area you cite is not even 20 miles virtually due west of Wright-Patterson AFB. I do happen to know that when squadrons from Wright-Patt execute local flight operations for training, they usually send them off in that direction because south is Cinncinnati, and east is Columbus. Secret air vehicles are not typically sortied from Wright-Patt, but you cannot say "never".

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby earthman » Fri May 29, 2009 2:54 am

Yea, i grew up in the shadow of Wight Pat. I seen the Air Force One on many occ.. She was sure it was no aircraft. And the fact it was so close to Wright Pat makes it even more interesting. I have heard of crafts explained in this matter, big one and smaller ones darting to and fro from the big one. Moved to slow, enough that they watched it for some time. It upset my Dad pretty good. :cry:

It would be nice to give them some hope on this one. There both in there late 70's. Thanks all

earthman
earthman

Google

Return to UFOs