KING: That's the room where they are rumored to have
aliens?

SENATOR
GOLDWATER: Well, its a storage room where they are supposed to
have some of the evidence they've collected relative
to Unidentified Flying Objects. I have never...I
wouldn't argue against them. I wouldn't argue for
them. My only thinking on it is this planet of ours
is one of several billion planets in this universe.
I can't believe that God or whomever is in charge
would put thinking bodies on only one planet. So I'm
a firm believer that something can fly around here
that the Wright Brothers didn't have anything to do
with.
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Shawnna » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:31 pm

Do you have a link or anything (source documents?)
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:11 pm

Shawnna wrote:Do you have a link or anything (source documents?)

yes
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:27 pm

* "I used to receive a hundred calls a year from people who wanted me to get into the Green Room at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, because that's where the Air Force stored all the material gathered on UFOs. I once asked Curtis LeMay if I could get in that room, and he just gave me holy hell. He said, 'Not only can't you get into it but don't you ever mention it to me again.' Now, with the millions of planets that we know are up there, it's hard for me to believe that ours is the only goddam one that has things that can think walking around on it. So when people tell me they've seen UFOs, I don't say they haven't. In fifteen thousand hours of flying, I've never seen one, but I've talked to pilots who have. I talked to an airline crew that swore up and down that an object came alongside of them one night, and before they could do anything it vanished. We lost a military pilot who went up to intercept strange lights and never came back. His airplane disappeared, too. I won't argue for or against."

(The New Yorker, April 25, 1988, p 70)
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby ScaRZ » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:28 pm

http://paul.rutgers.edu/~mcgrew/ufo/barry.goldwater

http://www.textfiles.com/ufo/goldltrsdoc.ufo

http://www.fourwinds10.com/NewsServer/A ... cleID=3972

I then asked the Senator if he would answer a few questions I had for
him. He agreed. I asked him, "Are you aware of any facts that are
unknown to the public regarding the alleged Roswell crash in 1947? He
said: "Mac, I have investigated that incident through every possible
agency that may have had some responsibility, the FBI (Hoover who shut
me off quickly), The NRO, DIA, NSA, etc., and have gained nothing
other than hell from the Pentagon. You may know more about it than I.
I'm as curious about those facts as you. The reaction I have had from
General LeMay and the on-site Roswell facts known by General "Butch"
Blanchard, etc., has told me one thing that it did happen and is a
major secret regarding UFOs and aliens of our time. Perhaps of all
times".
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Shawnna » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:02 pm

Thanks ScaRZ and cartoonsyndicate both - for your references.:lol:

In trying to find actual source documents, the only path I seem to be able to go down would be to spend $49.95 and buy the New Yorker magazine archived CD - which supposedly would give me all New Yorker magazines back to 1925.:shock:

And you're probably wondering why I would even think about doing that.

One of the things I've noticed is that someone, somewhere will post something on the internet - and then someone else will repost it somewhere else and before you know it - it is taken as gospel by anyone doing any kind of research. :(

A good example of this is the supposed fact that Rick Doty is a lawyer. This was apparently first posted in Collin's book EfD and picked up by Dr. Salla who put it in his Serpo editorial as if it was a fact he had verified.

And lo and behold - Rick Doty is NOT a lawyer and Michael Salla obviously didn't check his facts for that article very well. I won't even comment on why Bob Collins included that little nugget in his book. Just look at his pathetic analysis and commentary on IP headers. :roll:

But you see what I mean - I like to get source information whenever possible.

Don't get me wrong - I'm NOT questioning this whole Barry Goldwater thing - just wanting to understand who and how this information is being promulgated.

Always,
Shawnna
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:22 pm

Shawnna wrote:Don't get me wrong - I'm NOT questioning this whole Barry Goldwater thing - just wanting to understand who and how this information is being promulgated.

Always,
Shawnna

Hi Shawnna :)

The New Yorker citation cartoonsyndicate provided is a great one. News articles from mainstream publications are stored on microfiche in most large libraries usually back to the very first days of the newspaper.

If you have a University near you, check with the library and usually for either free or a wicked small fee, they'll let you use the microfiche archives to search through old newspaper publications. You'd have no problem finding the article cartoonsyndicate cited because the publication is fairly well established and the article isn't that far back in the past. Hell, he provided the exact day and page number. That's awesome! :)

Also, the rutgers.edu citation Scarz provided is a great one because it quotes a 1988 Larry King radio show. Also a well-established media outlet with archives of their shows (for a fee of course). But that's a good citation to back the story as well.

-Ry
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:56 pm

cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:03 am

wikipedia

(italics added by me)

Goldwater and UFOs

Goldwater was one of the more prominent American politicans to openly show an interest in UFOs.

On March 28, 1975, Goldwater wrote to Shlomo Arnon: "The subject of UFOs has interested me for some long time. About ten or twelve years ago I made an effort to find out what was in the building at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base where the information has been stored that has been collected by the Air Force, and I was understandably denied this request. It is still classified above Top Secret." Goldwater further wrote that there were rumors the evidence would be released, and that he was "just as anxious to see this material as you are, and I hope we will not have to wait much longer."[4](Also Good, 405)

The April 25, 1988 issue of The New Yorker carried an interview where Goldwater said he repeatedly asked his friend, Gen. Curtis LeMay, if there was any truth to the rumors that UFO evidence was stored in a secret room at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, and if he (Goldwater) might have access to the room. According to Goldwater, an angry LeMay gave him "holy hell" and said, "Not only can't you get into it but don't you ever mention it to me again."

In a 1988 interview on Larry King's radio show
, Goldwater was asked if he thought the U.S. Government was withholding UFO evidence; he replied "Yes I do." He added:

I certainly believe in aliens in space. They may not look like us, but I have very strong feelings that they have advanced beyond our mental capabilities....I think some highly secret government UFO investigations are going on that we don't know about-and probably never will unless the Air Force discloses them."[5]
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Joe Escamillo film

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:43 pm

http://www.theufomovie.com/j8t9m5.html

For the deniers among us.
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Shawnna » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:54 pm

When I ventured into this rabbit hole, I absolutely believed that there was at least a 50% possibility that the Serpo story was true. :)

After bumping into, and seeking out information about those involved, not only I am 100% convinced it is NOT true in any way, shape or form, but I now have deep doubts about the majority of the other 'stories' that have made their way into UFOlogy. :cry:

There are some very intelligent, powerful (if only in their own mind!) individuals with an agenda, who have a history of being involved in secret government operations stemming from the Cold War (and perhaps before). These individuals who keep popping up in darn near every one of these 'stories' also possess deep seated religious and/or cult-based beliefs. :shock:

Creating, and controlling how humans think and believe results in incredible power for those involved. :!:

If the path one chooses in life does not lend itself to being in a position of leadership, be damn careful who you choose to follow. Some rabbit holes are downright dangerous - just look at what happened to Paul Bennewitz. :roll:

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:47 pm

Shawnna wrote:When I ventured into this rabbit hole, I absolutely believed that there was at least a 50% possibility that the Serpo story was true. :)

After bumping into, and seeking out information about those involved, not only I am 100% convinced it is NOT true in any way, shape or form, but I now have deep doubts about the majority of the other 'stories' that have made their way into UFOlogy. :cry:

There are some very intelligent, powerful (if only in their own mind!) individuals with an agenda, who have a history of being involved in secret government operations stemming from the Cold War (and perhaps before). These individuals who keep popping up in darn near every one of these 'stories' also possess deep seated religious and/or cult-based beliefs. :shock:

Creating, and controlling how humans think and believe results in incredible power for those involved. :!:

If the path one chooses in life does not lend itself to being in a position of leadership, be damn careful who you choose to follow. Some rabbit holes are downright dangerous - just look at what happened to Paul Bennewitz. :roll:

Well, I never thought for a minute that the Serpo crap had any merit. (proof of this can be found at the Loonianarchy forum under the posts of boycotteverything, hibits, skeptical, eapoe, and cartoonsyndicate- all me.) Not 50%- no %. It was a priori ridiculous. The 50 percenters are the reason that this hoax had legs! \
\
On the other hand, to my mind, after studying the literature for the last 40 years of my life I've come to the conclusion that the UFO phenomenon is undeniable. Not just 50%- Rather, absolutely real. To deny it is sort of like denying global warming in my opinion. We can trot out esteemed scientists to debunk global warming, no?

I assumthat since your post was placed right after my last post that you are aiming your remarks towards the evidence presented in Joe's film trailor. Don't let the falsity of the Serpo b.s. taint your judgement concerning the field of ufology in general. Even the arch denier and governmental debunker Allen Hynek eventually changed his mind on the subject. I'm glad he had the courage to do that. The courage involved looking at the evidence!

I agree that the study can be dangerous to the mind. I look at Secretary Forrestal in this regard, as well as Paul. There is a certain exquisite high strangeness here. It undermines the security of our accepted myths and enjoyment of a false reality.

It is comforting to deny the highly strange.

Suit yourself.
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Shawnna » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:42 pm

LOL - I guess I should have been more clear in my post. Here's what I said:

but I now have deep doubts about the majority of the other 'stories' that have made their way into UFOlogy.

I don't want anyone to think that I do not "believe" off planet cultures exist - I do. But it is only a belief at this point. I've seen nothing in any of the "stories" that I can say without hesitancy is factual.

I hope that helps clarify my meaning.

Always,
Shawnna

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:28 am

"I've seen nothing... factual."

ok. but i strongly disagree.

c'est la vie.
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:37 am

shawnna: "I don't want anyone to think that I do not "believe" off planet cultures exist - I do."

you do? tell me why.
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Next

Google

Return to UFOs