British MOD Release New UFO Files Feb 2010

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

British MOD Release New UFO Files Feb 2010

Postby the|exx » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:34 am

Just a heads up for everyone, though I'm sure many of you will already be aware.

A new installment of UFO files has been released by the MOD. The files contain a wide range of UFO-related documents covering the years 1994-2000. Get them while they are still free.

The National Archives:
http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

The National Archives has also released a small 8 minute video that contains an overview of the documents with a commentary by Dr David Clarke including some images of the most 'relevant' reports. I guess we will have to see for ourselves what is relevant and what is not! :wink:

Video:

Old MOD Files:
I think it kind of stinks that the National Archives charge a fee, albeit a small one, for the older files. However, they can all still be obtained for free at the Black Vault... which is how it should be!

The Black Vault:
http://community.theblackvault.com/arti ... -Documents

I'm not on broadband so it's going to take me a while to download them and get up to speed. Are there any cases in the newly released files that stick out in your mind that you feel require more attention here on Reality Uncovered?

Feel free to discuss!

Cheers,
the|exx :wink:
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: British MOD Release New UFO Files Feb 2010

Postby Access Denied » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:40 am

the|exx wrote:A new installment of UFO files has been released by the MOD. The files contain a wide range of UFO-related documents covering the years 1994-2000.

So this is all post Nick Pope's "reign" correct?

I guess I don't get what's so "secret" about all this... I mean it's not like people couldn't have reported their sightings elsewhere as well is it?

[awesome new sig by the way... "Deny Charlatans" hah!]
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby the|exx » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:13 am

Access Denied wrote:
the|exx wrote:A new installment of UFO files has been released by the MOD. The files contain a wide range of UFO-related documents covering the years 1994-2000.

So this is all post Nick Pope's "reign" correct?

I think so. Pope left the MOD around 2006 from memory... and he was with them for 20 years. Not sure what years he actually spent on the 'X-files' though. Perhaps someone else remembers.

Access Denied wrote:I guess I don't get what's so "secret" about all this... I mean it's not like people couldn't have reported their sightings elsewhere as well is it?

I think what will be interesting will be Pope's commentary on some of the reports. No doubt he will elaborate on a few and fill in the odd gap. He must be licking his lips in anticipation of all the paid appearances he will be asked to make in the coming months.

|exx
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:37 am

the|exx wrote:I think so. Pope left the MOD around 2006 from memory... and he was with them for 20 years. Not sure what years he actually spent on the 'X-files' though. Perhaps someone else remembers.

Wiki says he worked the "X-files" (part-time) for 3 years between 1991 and 1994...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Pope

And even though he hadn't been working on them for 12 years…

"In November 2006, he resigned from his post at the MOD, criticizing the MOD and saying the government's "X-Files have been closed down." Although no longer carrying out this sort of work for the government, he continues his research and investigation in a private capacity.”

:roll:

Translation: “Ka-ching! That'll make me popular with the UFO crowd, all I have to do is tell them what they want to hear.”

[especially if it’s not true]
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby longhaircowboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 pm

If you go to Popes web site http://www.nickpope.net/
you'll see this little gem front and center.
Welcome to the official website for author, journalist and TV personality Nick Pope, who used to run the British Government's UFO Project and is now recognised as one of the world's leading experts on UFOs, the unexplained and conspiracy theories.
Don't bother checking the latest news thing that says "more secrets" there's nothing new there.
Yup it's all about the benjis(or pounds).
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to UFOs