Malmstrom AFB Missile/UFO Incident, March 1967

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Malmstrom AFB Missile/UFO Incident, March 1967

Postby Access Denied » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:56 am

Gilles F. wrote:...I'm more "ET Roswell case" (non event) focused on...

Welcome to RU Gilles.

Speaking of Roswell, a love/hate relationship of my own, I’ve really enjoyed following your tireless debates with Kevin Randle and David Rudiak in particular. I've often considered jumping in when I see something obviously wrong or illogical but then before I decide to take plunge, I see you make the same point I would and probably better! And to think you do it all while translating between two languages… :)

I have a Roswell related post in the works in response to a recent thread here so stay tuned and feel free jump in whenever you want.

Regards,

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Gilles F. » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Hoo... Thank you so much Tom !

I will follow with great interrest such incoming post, as I'm discovering this forum I ignored, full of very interresting and pertinent informations to increase my knowledge (...and my english too ^^), and great contributors. Sorry for the off-topic regarding Malmstrom incident...

Best Regards,

Gilles F.
Gilles F.
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Part 1 is up:

http://www.realityuncovered.net/blog/20 ... arch-1967/

Keep an eye on the comments area, as I have a feeling Hastings may be weighing in. Part 2 will be coming in just a few days.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby DrDil » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:42 pm

James Carlson wrote:Gentlemen, and Ladies,

In some discussions I've had with people in other forums, I've discovered that there a lot of people out in the world who are convinced that I have not had any discussions with COL.(Ret.) Walter Figel, Jr., and that my declarations to the contrary are lies. Robert Hastings has apparently decided that this is going to be stand he takes. In a recent commentary, he has stated - as he has for months - that I have never spoken with Walt Figel, who has confirmed everything that Robert Hastings has asserted regarding the Echo Flight Incident on March 16, 1967. This is patently untrue and can be easily shown as such.

<sizeable snippage>

Hi James, I was watching the other night as you were posting this and I’m pleased to finally see the Figel emails (I’ve read that much of your written work lately that I feel like I know you personally!! :wink:)

Great work so far and I believe the evidence speaks for itself.

ryguy wrote:Part 1 is up:

http://www.realityuncovered.net/blog/20 ... arch-1967/

Keep an eye on the comments area, as I have a feeling Hastings may be weighing in. Part 2 will be coming in just a few days.

-Ryan

I’m pleased you took the time to do this Ryan, I’ve been of the opinion for a while now that this information needs to be put out there in a clear & concise format and that Hastings et al need to respond with more than just aspersions and threats of releasing a seemingly non-existent rebuttal. I actually tried to do it myself with posts from here and another forum that James had made only to quickly become discouraged, I was also of the opinion that it needed to be summarised but upon trying to do so I found that the vast majority of it was background information I believed was necessary to establish the claims of Hastings and the reasons that they were being refuted by James.

(Well, that and James had usually posted another exhaustive comment by the time I’d caught up to where he was :D).

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:17 pm

DrDil wrote:I’m pleased you took the time to do this Ryan, I’ve been of the opinion for a while now that this information needs to be put out there in a clear & concise format and that Hastings et al need to respond with more than just aspersions and threats of releasing a seemingly non-existent rebuttal.

Thank you - I agree, I've felt the same but as you noted, when James writes - he really writes. Unfortunately, those not familiar with the background will glaze over and I don't think they catch the importance of the message. On the web, the most people will take in at one sitting - if the content is interesting - is 1000 words...2000 is on the high end and pushing it. So, I decided to deliver the heart of James' message in updates that are readable and that people will take the time to read - I sure do hope it works. The positive comments so far are encouraging. Thanks!

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby James Carlson » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:26 am

ryguy wrote:Thank you - I agree, I've felt the same but as you noted, when James writes - he really writes. Unfortunately, those not familiar with the background will glaze over and I don't think they catch the importance of the message. On the web, the most people will take in at one sitting - if the content is interesting - is 1000 words...2000 is on the high end and pushing it. So, I decided to deliver the heart of James' message in updates that are readable and that people will take the time to read - I sure do hope it works. The positive comments so far are encouraging. Thanks!

-Ryan

Believe me, it's been said so often that I'm not even going to try argue about it at this point. You're right - I recognize that it's a problem. My wife complains that my eBay descriptions are way too long, and give the readers way too much information to process, and my Dad once told me that I should get a cross-stitch sampler saying "Verbosity is a Sin" and hang it in the living room. In my defense, I like to talk, and I think people should have all of the information necessary to reach a valid conclusion - which means more information is better than not enough. At the same time, people have mentioned in the past that I should break it up some. I think it was Tim, but maybe somebody else, however, during a discussion at the Missile Forums, who said "that's why God gave us editors." Makes sense... I've gotta say, though, it would probably make it much easier for our friends in France to translate if I did everything in smaller chunks! I've actually tried to break things up a bit, but then I get into trying to explain something, and then I want to give an example of it to illustrate, and then I want to say what I think about it as a result of that, and before you know it, "breaking it up" turns into fifteen pages and a smiley face. And I really hate smiley faces, so I quit trying. Sorry ... :D
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:59 am

And as a quick postscript, one of the things I meant to say above, but upon re-reading, realized I didn't: I also think you've done a great job, and I'm very appreciative, really. It really kind of leaves you waiting with some anticipation for more doesn't it! I didn't realize I could do that ... Thanks!!
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby DrDil » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Kean & Hastings Join Knapp On C2C Tonight

Tonight! Sunday Aug 15th

10p-12a:

Investigative reporter Leslie Kean joins George Knapp to lift
the veil on decades of U.S. government misinformation regarding
UFOs, and discuss her new book.

http://ufosontherecord.com/

12a-2a: UFO researcher Robert Hastings will discuss the
implications of his upcoming press conference at the National
Press Club in Washington, DC.

http://ufohastings.com/PressPage.html

Former Air Force officer Bruce Fenstermacher will join the
conversation.

Not sure if it's a phone-in..... :wink:
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby James Carlson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:04 am

I've heard that Bruce Fenstermacher was very convincing, but I didn't listen to it, and I'm not very familiar with his case -- I looked into it once, but only to determine whether or not it had anything to do with Echo Flight. I think he discusses something about ten years later.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:51 am

I was watching adult swim tonight, and there was a silly little legal reference that came up, and it prompted me to wonder: do you think it's illegal to defraud a charitable organization? Because the current 301.c status enjoyed by both PEERS and the Disclosure Project qualify both groups as charitable organizations. And if it's specifically illegal to defraud a charitable organization, I would think that -- like most acts that are actually illegal -- such a complaint wouldn't have to be filed by the charitable group itself, but could be filed by any legal authority with appropriate jurisdiction. That was the original impetus, I believe, for making a violation of civil rights a federal jurisdiction crime; it allowed the federal government not only to file charges in those parts of the country where the state or local civil authorities, for whatever reason, refused to do so, but also allowed federal authorities to file charges in the first place, when no such charges had been filed by the actual victims of such abuses. So, if defrauding a charitable organization is illegal, you wouldn't necessarily need the cooperation of the charitable organization in order to file charges and press a case. All you would need is some kind of substantiation of charitable status -- which would be easy if the organization had already applied for and been accepted as a 301.c tax exempt charitable group. It's an interesting plug for a legal loophole, if true, as long as you could prove that the offender had made false claims that were then used to solicit money from donors. I may have to look into that once I get a little free time... Isn't it fun when cartoons inspire you to better acts of humanity?
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:59 am

**Mod Edit**

Post deleted by request.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:02 am

No email explanation or anything? How odd - were you in the middle of an argument with someone in the forum?
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby James Carlson » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:12 am

**Mod Edit**

Post deleted by request.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:39 am

Can somebody get a message to booNyzarC at Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums and tell him that I can't even answer his private messaging? They locked me out completely from everything. This is insane!

James
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Tim Hebert » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:27 am

James,

Please see my PMs to you on both RU and missileforums.com.

Alright, here's the good news, you now have people attempting to look at the issue logically on "that" site. And they are starting to question the motives of the administrator and moderators. That's pretty damn impressive considering the psych make up of that group!

Now, here's alittle bad news, I read Salas' new article this morning on ufochronicles.com. It appears that he is making a push leading up to the Press Club event. However, its old boiler plate stuff, nothing new.

Now, here's some more good news, also on the ufochronicles site, Hastings and Clarke are battling it our over the MOD/Pope/UFO hoopla. Its somewhat fun to watch cyber "incest" as this crowd now is eating its own.

Forget about that silly-assed site and start looking at legit outlets to get your story out. RU's blog is a good start. Anybody know someone at Skeptical Enquirer that could be used as a push back?

Tim
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs