Disclosure ? What ??

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Disclosure ? What ??

Postby Chorlton » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:48 pm

During my sojourn into the ether (pun intended) I perused many websites. It is apparent that there is a near multitude of people out there awaiting some form of 'Disclosure'

Do these not even consider the dire (for them) point that, there simply might not be anything at all to 'disclose'?

I can imagine a huge assembly of thousands of people at the base of the Washington monument all waiting.
Then a government grey car rolls up. A chap gets out and walks to the microphone and says.
"Sorry, I have to tell you, theres nothing to disclose, we dont know anything"
"Bye "
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Disclosure ? What ??

Postby gunter » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Do these not even consider the dire (for them) point that, there simply might not be anything at all to 'disclose'?
That's a possibility. Personally I do think there is much for the US IC community to disclose. But I also think it never will be. The truth proves too disturbing to reveal. The ET civilizations will disclose themselves at their own time- or never. So we're stuck in an endless wank-circle of b.s..

ImageImage
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Chorlton wrote:Then a government grey car rolls up. A chap gets out and walks to the microphone and says.
"Bye "

Then the crowd starts chanting, "Cover-Up! Cover-Up! Cover-Up!"

The gov is damned if they do and damned if they don't - so they just don't.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby murnut » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:23 pm

ryguy wrote:
Then the crowd starts chanting, "Cover-Up! Cover-Up! Cover-Up!"

The gov is damned if they do and damned if they don't - so they just don't.

-Ryan

This is also my position
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby gunter » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:49 pm

And what of Saucer, Grudge, and Bluebook? No coverups there, of course. The Robertson Panel and the Condon Report? Nothing to see here- please move along. Were Jacques Vallee and John Mack delusional? Let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby murnut » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Either they can't disclose because of a limited knowledge of the phenomena, or the limited knowledge they do have points in a direction that can't be disclosed.

Either way it's lose lose. It's easier to deny, deny, deny than to attempt to take questions...when they don't have any answers.

The phenomena seems to agree
The cover up is covering up that fact that there are no real answers to the questions the phenomena poses
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:15 am

Chorlton wrote:I can imagine a huge assembly of thousands of people at the base of the Washington monument all waiting.
Then a government grey car rolls up. A chap gets out and walks to the microphone and says.
"Bye "

No need to imagine, it already happened, more than once...

Disclosure Version 2.0, 1966

[lol @ Hynek pulling a Pope]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Allen_Hynek

Late in his life, Hynek was critical of the popular extraterrestrial hypothesis, and began expressing his doubts to theories that UFOs were physical spacecraft from other planets. As Hynek himself said in October 1976: "I have come to support less and less the idea that UFOs are 'nuts and bolts' spacecrafts from other worlds. There are just too many things going against this theory. To me, it seems ridiculous that super intelligences would travel great distances to do relatively stupid things like stop cars, collect soil samples, and frighten people. I think we must begin to re-examine the evidence. We must begin to look closer to home."
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:05 am

murnut wrote:Either they can't disclose because of a limited knowledge of the phenomena, or the limited knowledge they do have points in a direction that can't be disclosed.

But that argument starts from the basis that there actually is a phenomena, when there isnt. Someone see something in the sky they personally cant identify and they start screaming ALIENS !! UFO and right there is where the fantasy starts. Huge illogical leaps of logic. But no phenomena
The phenomena seems to agree
The cover up is covering up that fact that there are no real answers to the questions the phenomena poses

No sir. The cover up is covering up the simple fact that there is simply nothing to disclose. There is no 'phenomena' simply missinterpretations of normal things which we dont yet understand or the same missinterpretations of rather banal objetcs.
One day, just one day, I'll convert some of the 8mm and 16 MM film stock I have (including stuff with Billy Meier) and post it. Some of that stuff shows how impossibly easy it is to missinterpret the simplest of things.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby murnut » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:57 pm

I agree with 99% of what you wrote...but there is that 1%
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:05 pm

murnut wrote:I agree with 99% of what you wrote...but there is that 1%

Thank you for not using the old 90%/10%...lol. 1% is very reasonable. :)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Chorlton wrote:There is no 'phenomena' simply missinterpretations of normal things which we dont yet understand or the same missinterpretations of rather banal objetcs.

Personally, I use the word phenomena to refer to events/situations of things which we don't yet understand. The word "normal" is relative - if we don't understand what it is we are seeing, then it's not normal. So I think you and Murnut are actually saying the same thing.

One day, just one day, I'll convert some of the 8mm and 16 MM film stock I have (including stuff with Billy Meier) and post it. Some of that stuff shows how impossibly easy it is to missinterpret the simplest of things.

Looking forward to that...

-Ryan
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to UFOs