Project Camelot

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Project Camelot

Postby gunter » Mon May 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Rin, at the drop of a hat our in house 'rational sceptics' dive head first into the immaculate conception foxhole. Certainly the Absurd subsumes Reason. That's always been a given. And I admire you for deferring to that truth from the getgo. Always expect uninvited company at the end of argument...
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Rintendo » Mon May 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Well, I genuinely enjoy topics of this nature and I hope that people don't find me too off-putting.
Rintendo

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 pm

I don't find you off-putting at all Rintendo, it's good to see your viewpoint. Welcome to the forum :)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Rintendo » Tue May 04, 2010 12:41 am

Thanks! I love this topic and I truly am open-minded on it. I'd like to learn all I can.
Rintendo

Postby ryguy » Tue May 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Rintendo wrote:Well, I genuinely enjoy topics of this nature and I hope that people don't find me too off-putting.

Not off-putting at all...reading your last response to my post was an absolute pleasure. I agree with most of your points, and only disagree with a few - but I did want to respond quickly to say that I'm very pleased you're posting here. :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Tue May 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Rintendo wrote:Well, I genuinely enjoy topics of this nature and I hope that people don't find me too off-putting.

Only if your Ginger....or French
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby longhaircowboy » Wed May 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Rintendo-
Hello and welcome aboard. Nice thread ya got going here. Here's my 2 cents.
While some might consider me a UFOlogist I prefer UFO Investigator/researcher. After all thats what I do. At least once a month I get a call about a possible UFO either through friends in the local media or through other channels. Heres how go about the investigation- initial interview of witness(es) with rough outline, check local airport logs, check astronomic charts, call local police to check for other reports, call local media to check for other reports, reinterview witness(es), canvass area of sighting for other witnesses, compile a detailed layout of the sighting, confirm any possible other explantions(not always in that order). That scientific enough for ya? Now the sightings I investigate are local here in Florida cause I have limited funds but I am very thorough. And then there's this: I have had 3 UAP incidents myself 2 of which are documented right here(and remain unexplained) and I have yet to see a spotted owl.
I applaud you for your open mind and I hope you continue to post here.
I don't think the things flitting about the sky are Black Ops or necessarily ET but they can't be explained which does make them UFOs/UAP. There is much data to be considered but not enough folks willing to jump in and do it. I am constantly researching sightings trying to find the one drop in the bucket but man its slow goin.
Most UFOlogists just keep rehashing the same old stuff without bringing anything new to the table. What we need is fresh perspective.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Rintendo » Wed May 05, 2010 11:04 pm

I'm very new to this, just the last two years really. What made me lean towards the possibility was the ancient astronaut "evidence". I am looking forward to reading what anyone has to say.
Rintendo

Postby Chorlton » Thu May 06, 2010 8:43 am

I used to call myself an Unexplained Phenomena Chaser. I was so 'up' myself it wasnt funny.

Now when people call and say theyve seen a UFO I just say 'so what?' and go back to sleep.
There's loads of things buzzing and zooming around and if anyone thinks they are going to be able to explain them, they are deluding themselves.

I simply got fed up chasing people's delusions and now accept the fact that we're never going to find things out and life is, simply, too short to worry about it.

I'm now more interested in outing the fools like John Lear who spout utter crap to his fetid believers.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu May 06, 2010 8:54 am

Rintendo wrote:As often as people seem to see UFOs? They see them less than people see spotted owls, you are exaggerating the numbers because you are knee deep in the discussions. Take your head out of these types of forums and the stuff barely registers on the news.

I think LHC pretty much addressed this in his post above.

Rintendo wrote:First, how do we know that your friend is correct in his cost estimates? Why isn't SETI doing this rather than the approach they are taking?

I will see if Tim would be willing to post something about this in the Research forum for anybody who’s interested. I do this kind of thing for a living but I think he may have some different (read less expensive, readily available) ideas of how do it from the perspective an amateur astronomer. As far as SETI goes, I presume they’ve looked at the same evidence we have and decided it might be a more fruitful approach…

Rintendo wrote:Given that the cries of "Photoshopped" are prevalent in skeptics forums, the types of cameras and surveillance equipment would have to be so granular and perfect that I do not believe that the cost of total sky surveillance for the GLOBE could be contained in $15K. I call bullshit--no offense.

Why on Earth would you need to cover the entire globe? Two cameras is all you need to cover a good portion of the sky for as long as it takes at a single location known for frequent sightings… from this you could get all the tracking data you would need to show that something truly unusual was going on in terms of speed and maneuverability. As far as the chain of custody goes, simply donate the equipment to a local school to use in their science curriculum…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_tracking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulation

[or better yet, donate it to LHC]

Rintendo wrote:The sooner aliens arrive and free us from this consumer driven existence to either fight for something or bring us the keys to world peace the better.

However, I have a bad feeling we're just all stuck in this ugly rut until we die.

I wouldn’t hold your breath and in the meantime I would suggest you stop shopping at Walmart…

That said, welcome to the forum. :D
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby astrophotographer » Thu May 06, 2010 2:51 pm

I am a little late for the party. AD asked me to explain the system I suggested on several occassions that can be used for video monitoring the sky. The system has changed over the years, but this is what I envision a station would involve:

http://www.supercircuits.com/Security-Camera-Systems/16-Camera-Systems/SY30716P

The lenses may need to be changed to faster speeds and slightly wider angles but I have used their camera systems before.

http://www.supercircuits.com/Security-Cameras/Fixed-Security-Cameras/PC164CEX-2

Equipped with an F1.2 lens, I can go down to about 4th magnitude on stars. If you set up a 16 camera system, you can probably catch the entire sky. If you establish three stations, you can capture any UFOs in a given area through triangulation. The cost would be around 10K, which is not significant if you think of the payoff. It would be realtime scientific data that can be independently evaluated by others.

Just my thoughts on how to acquire real scientific data in regards to UFOs. If you don't capture UFOs, at least it is a great meteor network and you can your attention to astronomy.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Thu May 06, 2010 5:42 pm

Just to add to the previous post, the lens I used with camera presented is a Fujinon 4mm F1.2 lens (total cost about $25). It covers a good are of sky. About 50 X 40 degrees (give or take a few degrees) and I can barely resolve the individual stars in the Pleiades, which gives a resolution of about 1 degree or so. That means any UFO with size can be seen with some detail in this system. Additionally, the 16 camera system would cover the entire sky by my calculations.

The point of this is to establish real data about UFOs. A three station system in a triangle with legs of 2-5 miles each, should be able to establish a UFOs true altitude, speed, approximate size, etc. with no doubt as to what the data shows (assuming somebody does not try to create an elaborate hoax with this system). Imagine if UFOlogists had set up such a system in Stephenville a few years ago. Then we would know the truth about Stephenville. Then again, maybe nobody wants to know the whole truth.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Chorlton » Thu May 06, 2010 6:13 pm

astrophotographer wrote: That means any UFO with size can be seen with some detail in this system.

Thats an assumption that there are such things, which there arent.

astrophotographer wrote:
The point of this is to establish real data about UFOs..

What UFO's ?

astrophotographer wrote:
should be able to establish a UFOs true altitude, speed, approximate size, etc.

Assuming any existed , you mean ??

astrophotographer wrote:
Then we would know the truth about Stephenville. Then again, maybe nobody wants to know the whole truth.

Thats the brightest thing youve said. People dont want the truth, they cant handle the truth, they need to have the unknown in their life, the possibility that theres something out there.
The truth would probably kill them.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby gunter » Thu May 06, 2010 7:02 pm

which there arent.
are too. are too. liar liar pants on fire. there, i said it.
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Thu May 06, 2010 7:47 pm

UFOs exist because people report seeing objects they can not identify. That is why I refer to them as UFOs. Perhaps I should have referred to them as UFO reports. Anyway, AD can speak for me (as can my newsletter SUNlite), that I do not believe or even think these UFO reports represent objects unknown to science. However, my proposal has to do with those who think they are something exotic. They love to talk about old reports and what this person may or may not have seen but they do not put their money where their mouth is. IMO, this system costs around 10K and several people working together could operate it. If they truly believed these UFO reports represent something exotic, then the money is going to be well spent. On the other hand, if they produce no results, it might indicate that these UFO reports are really not that exotic. I just can not understand why UFOlogy does not attempt such things. Again, I think it has more to do with wanting to know the truth about these UFO reports.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs